"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, June 25, 2012

Journaling

- We went to Park day this week.  Nate worked the mid Sunday night, so he needed to sleep Monday morning.... that left us with either trying to keep quiet at home, or going out.  So out we went.  I don't know what's wrong with me, but I am not up for park day right now, I don't think.  I found myself just really hating it.  I think the kids had fun, sort of.... except the parts when they all fought over who could sit by me.... so I think it's probably worth going, but man, I don't know what's happened to me socially.  It felt like everything made my adrenaline rush and I couldn't get any words out the way I wanted.  It's not like I feel all that comfortable there to begin with, but with my new mood swings, and sensitivity.... it just wasn't pretty.  I should probably keep these thoughts to myself, but whatever.  We'll see if we go again anytime soon.  We ended up with the 3 Peterson kids as well, so we decided to make our way to Free Lunch at Washington Elementary.  The kids hated the food.  That was a bummer.  But I didn't have to make lunch, and I got to see an old friend I worked with at the Red Cross.  As embarrassing as it is that she didn't really remember me right away (if at all), I still loved seeing her.  She was one of my favorite people to work with back then.  The rest of the day kind of dragged, and I let my bad mood get the most of me I'm afraid.  6-18-12

- So with Nate's back pain worsening all weekend, we finally decided to take him to the ER to make sure it wasn't something too serious.  It was a long 2 hours, but we found out he had strained some muscles.  They sent him home with some drugs and hopefully they will alleviate some of the tension and pain.  We're hoping this is the quick fix, but not 100% sure.  Joel Winters says to go see a specialist to help strengthen the muscles that will prevent this from happening again, so maybe we'll have to take his advice.  I've never seen Nate in so much pain.  I've never seen him go through something like this, and it's not fun.  I always stress about things when he is under the weather.  I always imagine the worst I guess.  Makes me scared for what's ahead.  I really shouldn't do that.  Hopefully things will feel better real soon and we'll be able to get on with life.  Until then, he has a very lazy, pregnant, sore, tired, forgetful "nurse" to bring him back to health..... this should be fun :)  6-24-12



- Our house is SO HOT!!!!  I don't know what it is, because I don't remember it being like this last summer at all.  But our two little window coolers are not doing what they did last year.  I have had 2 REEEEEEALLY long nights filled with sweating profusely and discomfort.  It's bad.  The kids were even feeling it, so I don't think it is just pregnancy.  I'm working on solutions, and cleaning out filters and stuff... hopefully something will help!  It's RIDICULOUS!!  Something has to change is all.  6-25-12




No comments: