"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, June 25, 2012

Pregnancy Journal

6-25-12
So I had my appointment last Tuesday.  It was the Glucose testing one as well, and I was pleasantly surprised at how little effect the yucky drink had on me this time.  I wonder if it has anything to do with how little sugar I've had recently.  (I am doing okay with my no sweets, no candy thing... I slip up, but I feel good knowing I'm eating a LOT less of them than I normally would, and hopefully it's helping with something.... doing me SOME good.)  And so far I haven't heard back on that test, so I'm no longer worried about gestational diabetes.  Don't ask me why I was to begin with.  It's never been a problem.  I'm so weird.  It was a good visit, we got to hear the baby's heartbeat loud and strong (it sounded unusually well this time for some reason.... maybe the doc had the volume turned up or something :) ). Erika got to hear it.  (we decided this was her date with Mom and Dad for the month ;) )  I asked Dr. Thackeray about the peeing problem.  He said it could be any number of things, most were not anything to worry about.  So I'm not going to worry about it.  And frankly I don't feel like I've had as much trouble with it since then.  Go figure.  The last few problems I've had, I've cleared them up just by telling the doc about them.  How nice is that.  Yeah, even the contractions that were plaguing my life... virtually gone.  Strange.  Strange, but good!  So, things look good.  I'm measuring a half a week ahead, which is a little unusual for me, and Dr. Thackeray asked how big my biggest baby was.  Made me wonder if he'd be as interested in taking him at 38 weeks instead of 39 weeks like I've been hoping we could do.  This is what I always do.  I think I'm going to go strong, the whole 39 and then come about 30, when life feels like it is never going to end, I start to get weak and want to go early.  We'll see how it goes.  Maybe that would be better anyway, if this little guy is going to be a bigger little guy :).  Who knows. This is something I like to pray about.  I feel strange enough picking birthdays.  I am however set on NOT having him the same day as any one else in the family.  So that will be helpful in choosing.
We may have settled on his first name.  I don't like to announce the name until the baby is here and it's FOR SURE, because we've had a few false alarms in the past and it's always awkward to change our minds, so this is for your own good ;).  This one feels right.  I have had it in mind since Erika was a ??, and Nate likes it too, so hopefully he will :).  We are still, however, looking for a middle name.  That's always tough too for some reason.  We're looking at some family names.  Hopefully that will give us some ideas.  It's gotta be special that's for sure!
We're going on 32 weeks now and THAT is a wonderful thing!!  I think we'll make it to the end!

No comments: