SPEAKING IN CHURCH
So we got to give our talks on Sunday. "Our Priceless Heritage" was the topic. I had had a frantic morning getting it ready without being able to use the computer much, nothing seemed to work, including the printer, so I wasn't able to type it out word for word like I like, and ended up just kind of winging it when I got up there. Which I still feel weird about, but oh well. I left out most of my talk simply because I was sick of standing up there in front of everyone crying and blubbering. Hopefully something I said mattered to someone and it was all worth it. I really need to cure myself of this fear!! It's ridiculous. Nate did an awesome job. As always. I'm glad he is the last speaker to represent our family. The kids sat with the Jacox's and they did SPECTACULAR!! Through the whole meeting! Jack cried when he heard me speaking, so they took him out, but other than that, they were perfect! I was so proud of them. 6-30-13
ROB AND HEATHER AND FAMILY
Monday night we got to have Rob and Heather come and make a pit stop at our house on their way to New Mexico. They came in time for FHE (Charity's lesson on Joseph Smith and the Sacrament- trying to fulfill some of her Faith in God requirements), our yummy brownies and ice cream treat, and then to play and play til midnight! They spent the night and then Heather made some delicious waffles for us for breakfast!! It was Miles' birthday so we gave him a little bag of candy, and sang to him. It was a lot of fun to have them. Always is. Kelly had her last physical therapy appointment that day as well. We'll see how it goes without... 7-1-13
ENOCH, PEARL, CHARLIE and SAVANNAH
On Tuesday, Malisa brought Enoch for a sleepover with Bradley. They had a lot of fun. I hardly saw them once we picked out their little "bug catcher kit". They were off hunting for bugs most of the day.
Malisa also brought her dog, Pearl, for us to dog sit on Tuesday. She will be with us for 10 days. She seems like a pretty good dog, and she's been fun for Buddy to play with.
Noah had been anxiously awaiting the day that Charlie could finally sleepover and I figured since Enoch was there, why not have Charlie too. So he was finally able to come sleepover as well. I was so surprised with how well it went! Charlie was a good boy the whole time, then stayed up half the night with Charity watching shows (I didn't dare turn off the tv for fear that he would get bored, lonely, or scared and want to go home). They both don't fall asleep during movies very well apparently. So long night for them. Then Charlie woke up early the next day with the big kids who had fallen asleep earlier than him. He seemed to be having fun though. We liked having him. Noah was very pleased with how it went.
While the boys were having their sleepovers, Charity and Kelly made a dance camp, took around fliers to ward members, called their friend Savannah, made up a few dances, and then had a fun late night with their new friend Savannah. It sure seemed like they had fun. I love when they find a good friend that they enjoy being with. I like Savannah.
That was a big day. Fun. But big. 7-2-13
BAKKE FIREWORKS
Every year for the past 3 or 4 years now, we have gathered at Stephanie's Mom's house for Chris' big fireworks display. It's usually on the third. This year we were really late because Nate and the kids lost track of time while they were swimming (I had stayed home to get some much needed housework done, laundry, dishes, laundry, dishes, it was a little insane how much there was of both, to do). Once we finally got there we had yummy smoked ribs, and LOTS of watermelon. The traditional homemade ice cream. Everyone screams at Stephanie's brother's kids while ours run around looking like angels :). It's really fun :). They love the parachute ones, and chase those all over the neighborhood, fighting over the remains. All of my kids sat and watched the big loud ones this year!! Nobody was too scared and inside like years past! I was so happy about that. Charity was very proud of herself for facing her fears. She was awesome! Things got over pretty late, and it took a while to get cleaned up, so we didn't get Enoch home until around midnight. And it was a quiet drive home for us, but what a fun evening! 7-3-13
INDEPENDENCE DAY!!!
We got up early to go to our new city's parade. The Kaysville parade, unlike the Bountiful ones we've gone to in the past, was in the morning (well, middle of the day really), so it was SO HOT!!! We were totally unprepared for the weather and well... for the whole parade. We didn't forget our bags though! It's like Halloween for the kids with how much candy they come home with! It was similar to Bountiful's parade, lots of advertising. But plenty of fun too. And we were SO excited for the water fight at the end (we heard about it prior), and it did not disappoint! HUGE trucks carrying tanks of water drove down the middle of the street following the parade and just hosed down the entire crowd!! It was incredible!! The big kids ran ahead to get drenched, while I stayed back with Noah, Erika and Jack (not big fans of getting wet). When Nate got back to us, I handed off Jack and begged Noah to come be fun with me. I told him we would just get a little wet. I thought we could get up close and stand under the big streams of water and just get the drops/mist from it all. Well, I couldnt' have been more wrong!! We got out there and some funny guy on the top of the truck pointed his big hose at us!!! THen kept it on us as we tried to run away! I grabbed Noah and we both screamed our way back to the side of the road, but we were completely soaked!!!! It was hilarious really, but Noah was mad. Erika had gotten a few squirts in the face, directly, so she was a little bugged too, but I was just laughing. Nate was the last one to get wet. Some kid from the High School truck came running over with tthis little bowl full of water and just chucked the water at Nate while his back was turned. It was really funny! I could tell it took a lot for Nate to just smile about it, but seriously, very funny... So lots of fun for everyone :). We all got fried again. No sunblock again. Worst. mom. ever.
After the parade we went to IMC to visit Nate's Mom. She just had her hip replaced. She looked SO GOOD!! I really couldn't believe how good she looked! SHe was up, she'd been doing some physical therapy, and it had only been 24 hours since the surgery!! Amazing. Hopefully she continues to recover well, and can go get her other hip replaced. I think both sides had completely shattered and were causing such intense pain that even with the pain of recovering she is probably still in less pain than she was. Or so we hear.
We came home from the hospital with the plans to go to the Kaysville city carnival, but everyone was so tired, and sleeping that we just stayed home. We had been invited to our neighbor's little fireworks show for the evening, so we grabbed our watermelon and kabobs and made our way down to their house for the bbq and the big show. I must say, I was really grateful for a fun evening with new friends, and it meant a lot that they were trying to make us feel welcome and stuff, but I have to say, I was totally uncomfortable the entire evening. It was fun, don't get me wrong, I just don't know how many evenings of "seven kids!" comments I can really take. We'll have to see how it goes next time (if there is one and we didn't scare them too much with our freakishness). We have more than double the number of kids everyone else has. So... anyway... Their fireworks show was a lot of fun too.
Happy 4th of July to us!!! 7-4-13
MAYNES FAMILY CELEBRATION
I'm not sure why, but Nate's family did their thing the next day. We went to Fairmont Park out in Sugarhouse. We got there earlier in the afternoon, had some picnic lunch and then played for the next like 3 hours before the dinner was to start. We had brought our yummy watermelon to share (yes, this is the third day in a row that we brought watermelon as our side for potluck... mostly by chance), and Jen made delicious pulled pork sandwiches. It was a lot of fun. I had a blast playing frisbee (or whatever those soft things were called) with Erika and Luke. They both got really good at catching and throwing. I loved watching the kids try to play baseball. Makes me wish we were doing more of that on our own. I like watching Nate play basketball too, he played a little with Chris. Just before we were leaving I got to watch Charity play a little basketball with all the guys too. She is pretty good and can hold her own pretty well. I loved that they were totally talking her up and making her feel good, even though she may not have been as welcomed by some :). Nobody wants to be beat by a girl right? We brought Sierra home with us for another sleepover and movie night. 7-5-13
STOWELL FAMILY REUNION
I'm gonna be so mad at myself for having not taken any pictures at the reunion this year, but it was a memorable year. We went to Veterans Memorial park in West Jordan. Kathy and Ernie were in charge of the reunion. We ate, played a "Getting to know you" game, which I usually detest, but this one was bearable. The kids got to play on the castle playground most of the time. I was slightly bummed that they didn't have any kid games, but we survived ;). I've always loved the Stowell reunion. It was the highlight of my summer as a kid. I love seeing everyone and catching up a little. I was SO happy that Steve came. He needs the family and I think those things are fun for him too, even though he pretends like he is forced to go. He ran the auction for the first part of it before they got smart and switched to a silent auction (which, can I just say, I have mentioned almost every single year!!!!). It just makes so much more sense to NOT spend the entire time we are together earning money for the next year's reunion. I can't figure out why they want to do that, and I'm really trying to figure out what the money is even for!? Luckily nobody reads this, I might get myself in trouble :). Either way, it is a fun reunion and if I have to pay money to attend, then so be it :). Charity and Kelly came out pretty good with some of the things they had wanted to buy, and I did get a super cute dress for Erika that Maija made. I love it. And I got the pleasure of watching Brent buy something that he was only trying to bring up the bid on for me. That was priceless :). Although, I would have loved snacking on the swedish fish the whole time. The reunion ended ubruptly because it was time for the next reservation of the pavillion, and that was awkward, but overall, I had such a good time!! 7-6-13
No comments:
Post a Comment