BY THEIR FRUITS
There was a lot of talk about faith, prayer, and scripture study today at church. I know this sounds silly since those are pretty basic parts of the doctrine, but it was totally what I needed to hear. I loved the lesson that Bro. Pierce gave even though it was completely impromptu. I feel the Spirit so strongly in this ward. It's awesome. I loved a lot of the testimonies and they totally went along with some of the thoughts I'd been having this week after finishing the Book of Mormon in my personal scripture study. I just need to always keep in mind that the Book of Mormon brings me closer to my Heavenly Father. It is a good thing.
We had a family fast today for Jared. Hopefully things will start looking up for him. 7-7-13
FHE
This week was my lesson. I did a lesson on Honesty. I think my favorite thing that I took from this lesson is that my children are more grossed out by my spit (on M&Ms) than what's in the sock I had been wearing all day. Kinda strange, but whatever. Good times. 7-8-13
NERIUM
I got to go to Lacie's house tonight for a Nerium party. It was so much fun! I need to learn more about Nerium, but I did have a blast talking to Marci and Gentry and Annie for a little bit. I LOVE them so much. I must have them all over one of these days. 7-9-13
BASEBALL
We went and got some baseball stuff at the D.I. this week and it quickly became a favorite. We started out with just a rubber ball about the size of a soft ball, mostly because I didn't want anyone getting hurt, but once I saw how good they were, it was so that they weren't breaking any windows!! My kids are amazing baseball players!! We've mostly just worked on batting and they hit almost every good pitch! It's so fun!! On Friday we made our way over to our field to play a "game" and it was SO much fun! I was so impressed with everyone's skills! Even Noah. All I can say is wow.
YARD WORK
Nate got a whole bunch of yard work done this week. It was SO nice to see our backyard really coming along. The people who we got the house from didn't do much on it for the past couple years, so it is definitely a work in progress, but we are finally seeing some of the progress! I love that Nate has an eye for things. I like what he's got planned too. He trimmed the trees that have been blocking my view of the backyard from the kitchen and that especially made me happy :). It's really looking good. Thanks Babe!! 7-11-13
RAIN IN JULY?
We've had so much rain lately!! It feels like April, but hotter. It's definitely a good thing, no complaints here, and actually, I prefer rain over sun, but it's just strange! Keeps messing with my plans to go to the splash park :).
7-11
Thursday was free Slurpee day at 7-11. We decided a bike ride was in order. So once we got things all cleaned up in the yard, we all got on our bikes, Nate on his roller blades, Luke on his scooter and Erika and Jack in the bike trailer, and headed up to 7-11. What a FUN activity that turned out to be!! I couldn't believe how well it went! No stops except to wait for Nate and Noah. Noah was pedalling on his tiny little bike, I still don't know how he kept up with us the rest of the time! Amazing! I LOVED it!! The whole time I kept thinking, "THIS is why we have this family!" It just felt so good. Everyone working together and having a good time. We got to 7-11 just in time, a huge line formed behind us. The floor was all sticky and everything was really chaotic, but we got our free slurpees! WE drank them outside on the lawn and then rode home in the beginnings of a big rain storm. Good times!! I will never forget that bike ride! It was the highlight of my summer so far.
That night, we left the kids home while we went to our first meeting as representatives on the publicity committee for the Kaysville South Stake Fair. That was fun, met some new people. It was so short that we were able to make it to a movie. We saw Oblivion. It was pretty good. I still don't think Nate loved it. It was interesting. Mysterious. I liked it. Big day for us. 7-11-13
DRIVE-IN
We were so excited to go to the drive-in to see Despicable Me 2 on Friday night, but when we got there, they were sold out! I couldn't believe it! The only other kid movie they had was Monsters University, and we saw that, so we left. I was bummed and knew the kids probably were too, so we found a regular theater and went to see it there. It wasn't as fun as watching it in the car, but after how crappy Jack did, I think I'm glad we were in a building where his crying could be removed from the earshot of the movie watchers. We all loved the movie and I especially loved looking down the long row of seats at all my "millions of kids" and knowing that they are all mine! Not to mention the cute guy at the end of the row. It's just fun to be on his team. I love my family so much. I couldn't help but want to watch my kids rather than the movie during the funny parts :). Their cute little giggles every time the minnions say anything :). Fun stuff. It was a VERY late night though, so it was nice to get home and go to bed! 7-12-13
HAIR CUTS
We took Charity, Kelly and Erika to get their hair cut on Saturday. I had no idea how eventful that trip would be! Charity who had come with the plan to TRIM her hair ONLY ended up picking up a style book and choosing a "long bob" cut and getting that! She looks beautiful in it! Then Kelly, who also only wanted a trim, ended up cutting about 4 inches off her hair! And adding some swoopy bangs! (which she's not all that happy with and we will possibly try to fix later) She looks adorable to me!! I love the clean cut hair on her!! Erika knew she wanted to cut her hair short, and even after I told the stylist to do a short bob, she ended up cutting a few inches, but appearing to have little to no change done. Still very cute of course :). So anyway. It was interesting.
We followed up the hair cutting trip with a grocery shopping trip. Me and the seven dwarfs alone. Always crazy. Heavenly Father blessed me with a few little angels though. We ran into Vicki Parsons when we first got there, and she was so cute to ask the kids all about Disneyland and how they liked the trip, and then ran into Steve and Jauslin in the parking lot as we were leaving. Probalby sounds little, but seeing them all was a huge blessing to me. I so want to scream out, "SEVEN!!!" as I see people counting my kids when they walk past us in the store. I just think it would be funny. Charity thinks so too :). ONe of these days.... We did good though and totally stayed under our budget! Go me!! That doesn't always happen :) Although I did forget the toilet bowl brushes I needed... oh well. 7-13-13
No comments:
Post a Comment