"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, July 22, 2013

Journaling week of 7-14-13

- Bradley got up early one morning and made breakfast for us!!!  Eggs and cut up sausage, SO YUMMY!!!  This isn't the first time he's done this, but it was remarkable because of how well it tasted and what a great job he did!  I loved it!  He's such a good boy to cook breakfast and give his Mommy a break too!  Cool kid.

- We finally made it up to the Maynes family meeting this week.  I know why we've missed.  It's hard for me to do Sunday afternoons and evenings.  I don't know why.  It's just not the same without Nate here.  I guess it's something I won't miss if Nate has a different schedule next year.  The kids helped out though, and we were able to cram our dinner (even after burning our yummy ham and cheese cresents and resorting to Froot Loops) into our faces and get out the door.  We had a good time there, as always, it's just getting there that is difficult for some reason.  It is hard to leave as well, but we managed.  Good times.  7-14-13

- This week, I spent an unmentional amount of time coloring.  With the kids and actually (embarrassingly) on my own too.  It's somewhat therapeutic!  Plus Kelly loves the one on one time like that :).  I love it too. 

- We went to our first Pack Meeting with the new ward!  (This was Bradley's second, but they treated him like it was his first :) and the family didn't come to the other one, so it was really our first)  Lots of fun!!!  They did all the fun cheers and such that was missing in the old ward.  They even did a special "run with the pack" thing for Bradley since it was his first week.  He loved it :).  They did waterballoons at the end as well.  I think we'll go back to taking the whole family again.  They had a blast!  7-15-13

- The other day, Erika found some of her old pants.  They were probably size 0-3 month.  So pretty tiny.  She liked them and wanted to use them, but I told her they would be too small for her.  She figured out that if she had a little sister she could pass those pants on to her little sister!  I told her that was right! She got really excited about the idea.  Pretty soon she was bringing all kinds of things to me as I was washing the dishes telling me what she was going to save for her "baby sister".  She started to ask me when we could "go get her a little sister".  I told her to ask Daddy :).  Then I tried to remind her that it takes a while to make a baby.  She apparently doesn't remember the waiting for baby Jack.  But she now has a little spot in her drawer for stuff for her baby sister :).  I can't help but smile and wish that I had a little girl on the way for her.  Maybe someday. 

- Erika calls Charity and Kelly "The Sisters".  Cracks me up every time :).

- I have started a new thing for my kids so that I do not have to nag.  I know this isn't the first time, but I'm convinced that's the whole thing with being a Mom.  You have to keep adjusting the system.  It might work perfectly for a little while, but there's always another way to do it and one that will work even better!  So my "no nagging" week went well.  Not perfect, and my house was a wreck for most of the week, but I think overall my mood was changed and that was the goal, so we will have to keep at it I think, but hopefully it will be better for all of us in the long run.

- On Friday the kids and I went over to the Maughan's to get to know them so that we could play with them more often.  It was fun.  I am so not social these days.  I don't know why.  I feel like a social life is so at the bottom of my priorities right now.  Maybe that's because I have 8 of the best friends anyone could ever want and they just happen to be my responsibility right now too.  But it was still nice to talk with someone and have a little break from our day.  Unfortunately Kelly fell and cut herself on their end table just before we left.  That was a bummer. 

After the Maughan's house Bradley, Luke, and Noah all went to see Iron Man 3 while the girls, Jack and I went on a bike ride.  What a crazy time of day that was, and on such a hot day especially, to go on a bike ride!  We were dying of heat the whole time, but it was a fun time.  We went to Arctic Circle with the change we had found lying around the house and were able to get some ice cream cones :).  That was fun.  I love hanging with my girls.  7-19-13

- Kelly got to do her Movie Star Camp on Saturday, that Grandpa gave her for her birthday.  That was a lot of fun for her!  I was so nervous to send her and worried about her the entire time, but I think she liked it!  I will have to share the pics of her "Red Carpet Premiere" later.  7-20-13

Since Kelly was gone, Charity was playing with her friend Savannah alone, and they had to carry out the "Dance Camp" they started without Kelly.  They had a lot of fun and then ended up spending a lot of the evening being big girls down at Station Park.  Shopping!!!  I can't believe I let Charity go.  I do trust her friend, and even more, I trust Charity, but still, seemed like a big deal.  I think she had a good time and she even bought some make up!!  7-20-13

- Saturday night, on our way home from Kelly's Movie, we made the crazy decision to go to the Movie in the Park at Heritage Park.  They were playing Brave.  We had kept Nate home from work and it just seemed like a fun way to finish off his "day off".  It was fun, I think everyone had a good time, but really, not a good idea for getting up and getting ready for 9:00 church.  I don't think we'll go to any more.  It was fun though!  I loved the big blow up screen they had!!  Very cool.

No comments: