"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, August 31, 2013

JACK JACK IS ONE!!!

Our sweet little bouncing baby boy is now a big one year old!!  I cannot believe we're already here.  Shouldn't I be used to this by now??  A phrase I've used a lot lately.  Jack has been a fun little guy to have around.  We all love him so much.  He is such a Momma's boy.  Which is good because his Mommy loves him to pieces and loves an excuse to sit and cuddle rather than doing housework :).  He has learned so many new things lately.  He picked up walking pretty quickly over the last month or so.  We decided he's probably a close third, when compared with the other kids and walking ages.  Not too bad :).  He's really fast according to the doctor at his last check up.  We found out he's large for his age.  All the way around :).  I like that about Jack :).  He's so squishy and cuddly.  He gives me hugs everytime I pick him up and will even give kisses sometimes!  Mostly to Nate :).  It's the sweetest thing when Nate is laying on the couch, Jack will go lean in for a little smackeroo.  It's adorable.  He really is a sweet little guy.  Very loving.  He is getting a little more sensitive.  He doesn't like any kind of violence.  Including people tackling people.  Even when there is laughter.  He is against it all.  He doesn't like loud noises.  He doesn't like crying from his big sister.  It all makes him put on his sad face and then burst out in tears.  Poor little guy.  He wasn't always like this... so it's interesting.  I like it.  I like feeling like he is sensitive to the Spirit.  He loves to get into the kitchen cupboards :).  He especially likes playing in the pantry with the sugar and flour.  I need to find new places for those.  He makes big messes :).  He doesn't love to be alone in a room.  Which is a good thing considering how big his family is :).  But any time I try to distract him with toys so that I can go off and accomplish something, he gets all offended.  He likes to be right under my feet most of the time :).  It's cute.  He likes to fall asleep to the Primary songs.  He is sort of in the process of being weaned although it's not really taking.  He is SO addicted to Mommy juice!  It's insane.  Not really sure what to do about that.  I keep giving in though.  He is not a big fan of most foods.  He will usually eat any kind of meat.  He likes chips, crackers, popcorn, all that not so healthy stuff just fine though.  He doesn't love fruit, but will eat most veggies.  Weird but good.  He doesn't like mushed up anything unless it's in ice cream form :).  Although he did eat some pudding the other day so maybe that's changed.  He doesn't love milk or juice.  He will almost inevitably reject everything we give him after a few bites.  It's ridiculous :).  Luckily we know he's gaining weight though, so no worries I guess.  HOpefully this is just a phase.  He says, "Mom" which I think is adorable.  Not sure he knows that my heart skips a beat everytime he says it, or what it means, but still cute :).  He says, "Da da da", and I think he does know what that means.  He says it a LOT.  And a little bit of "bu bu bu".  No real words yet. He wants to stay innocent as long as he can :).  Jack LOVES his big brothers and sisters!  It's fun to see him connect on different levels with each one of them.  He has a fondness for his sister Erika.  He will always hold her hand in the bike trailer, and in the car, just before falling asleep.  I think she makes him feel more secure.  It's so sweet!  She of course loves that.  He loves playing with Noah and Luke.  They're pretty fun and will take a few minutes to make him giggle every once in a while :).  They mostly giggle at him :).  Bradley is still attempting to become his favorite brother so that he can baptize him someday :).  I love that Bradley is so willing to help out with Jack.  They really are close friends at this point.  Bradley is the only one who will willingly change his diaper.  It's amazing.  He sure loves him.  Kelly is a sweetheart with him.  Jack can feel her sensitivity I think.  He will always cuddle up to Kelly.  She's a calming influence for him.  I think he likes that.  And of course his sister Charity is always a party :).  He can't get enough of the attention from everyone.  I love that he has so many good examples.  He has really been loving his little "bike".  He likes to play with cars, balls, well, and pretty much anything he finds on the floor :).  He's finally done with putting EVERYTHING in his mouth.  That was a long phase :).  He REALLY loves being outside.  If he could be outside all day everyday, I think he would be perfectly content.  He likes to explore.  And the dirt.  It's too bad I have to do stuff inside.  He's mastering the art of escaping while Mom is chatting with people out in the front yard though.  That's been scary.  Almost in the road a few times.  I haven't been able to teach him not to go out there yet.  And everytime it's happened, I've just yelled it out of surprise and then he gets all offended and cries.  So we have yet to make any progress there.  Keeps me on my toes.  He's an awesome sleeper though, he gets BIG points for that.  I really couldn't ask for more.  With naps and with bedtime.  Such a good boy.  We really are so blessed to have Jack in our family.  I am so grateful that Heavenly Father let us have him.

We had a lot of fun celebrating his birthday this week.  His actual birthday was Sunday.  We made him a sign (well, actually Kelly did :)).  She insisted that we get a poster when we were shopping the night before :).  Everyone had picked out a present for him, so he got to open those the morning of.  He got a cute new Sunday outfit to wear to church :).  From me of course :).  After church, and for the rest of the evening, we just sang to him randomly.  He loved it.  He would look around at eveyrone and see if they were all looking at him the whole time.  It was adorable.  We had planned on celebrating with the family the next day since Nate had had to work that night.  So we kept things pretty mellow most of the day.  No cake or ice cream yet. 

On Monday night, after everyone's first day of school (which I realize may be the case for his birthday every year... kinda a bummer in some ways, but might be fun for him later).  Family came over- quite a bit actually!  More than I had planned on :)- Grandma Hatch and Simon, Grandma Ruthie and Grandpa Russ, Aunt Jen, The Taylors, and Grandpa Hatch all showed up for his big day!  So fun!  He had taken the world's longest nap, just before, almost four hours!  So he was WELL rested and was a super happy boy!!  It was SO much fun.  I was so pleased with how well he handled all the new attention and how into it everyone was :).  Lots of fun for a proud Mommy.  I loved watching him get all the attention he deserves finally.  We had dinner and then quickly made way with the rest of the festivities... we had started late and everyone had to hurry home (school night :( )  He loved his little car cake I made him!  I was happy about that.  I had kinda overbooked myself that morning, with first day of school stuff, so his cake was pretty simple and then I made another one for everyone else to eat (even though his was probably big enough to feed everyone!  I need a smaller cake pan apparently!).  But I was glad that the simpleness of it didn't make it less appealing to my one year old :) HA!!  only kidding.  He smashed a lot of it into his face.  I was happy I put the cookie crumbs since he loves dirt so much, he dug right in to those :).  He held the little fondant car in his hand the whole time and resorted to using it like a spoon later.  Such a cutie.  He got into the presents as well.  Getting all excited with each one.  I really need to go up to my Dad's and upload pictures.  I was running out of room on my card the whole evening, so pictures aren't the greatest.  He sure was a happy little birthday boy.  It was so much fun for all of us.  I hope he had a great birthday. 

No comments: