"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, August 19, 2013

Journaling Week of 8-4-13

Miracles
It's been brought to my attention lately what a blessing it is to be able to have my family.  I really don't know what I would have done with my life without my beautiful little miracles.  During my cousin's pregnancy, she discovered that her baby had a hole in his diaphragm.  Normally, it's on the right side and can be surgically repaired without too much trouble, but for her baby, it was on the left side.  This is a lot more serious and usually causes death at birth.  She was told by her doctor in AZ that he had a one in a million chance of survival and that she should abort.  She was not satisfied with that answer and turned to the doctors in Utah at Primary Children's.  They were a little more optimistic, but made it very clear that he probably wouldn't survive long. 
What a difficult thing to hear.  I so cannot imagine the way I would feel during the following months of pregnancy knowing that I may not be able to see that baby live and grow and feel my love.  My heart ached for her the entire time!! 
Well!  On August 4th, she was induced and delivered her sweet little David on Monday, August 5th.  He cried when he came out which was a big surprise and huge blessing.  The miracles just came pouring in from there on out!!  He was doing so well that they proceeded with the surgery.  They found extra diaphragm tissue making the surgery quite successful and a lot less stressful than they had expected.  The last 2 weeks have been full of surprises and ups and downs with this little baby that no one ever thought possible!!  He's actually doing REALLY well!!  I'm so happy for them. 
I'm so glad that I stayed possitive through the whole thing and hoped for the best.  I just can't help but give Heavenly Father all the credit.  He is amazing.  What a blessing.  He truly is aware of us. 
I've just felt so full of love and gratitude for the kids that I have.  That I've had 7 amazingly uneventful pregnancies that resulted in 7 beautiful, healthy children.  They are my world.  I love them so much.  It's so cool to think that I get to have them forever.  That I get to see them grow up and watch them learn and build new relationships.  It's just such a thrill for me.  I love this life.  I love seeing the Lord's hand.  8-5-13

MAYNES FAMILY PICTURE
We finally had our family picture!  I can't believe how much planning went into that day!!  Good grief!  Apparently getting 60ish people together for a family picture is a lot more work than I thought.  We all met up at Wheeler Farm.  Put the kids in their matching shirts.  We did each family's kids in a different color.  We were red.  The picture is going to be kind of a panoramic of the kids in a big long line.  So we did all the kids about 8 at a time.  Putting in stand-ins for those that were not there, to be photoshopped in.  It was insane.  To say the least.  I think it will look nice though.  We did a couple with all the adults that were there as well.  Crazy stuff.  I don't wish to recreate that experience again, any time soon.  8-5-13

RIVER
We had the privilege of witnessing the sealing of River Maynes to his new Mom and Dad.  Lynn and Ali and their family are just so incredible!!  I couldn't help but think how lucky River was to be part of their family.  They are all so welcoming and so accepting of each new member of their family.  It's just amazing to me.  I LOVED being in the temple with them.  I love being there with Nate especially :).  It was a very nice time. 
Nate and I made our way down to room 2C for a little peak in the mirrors that we looked through when we got sealed.  I love doing that!  It's so refreshing.  We're so blessed to live so close to our temple and have that opportunity every once in a while.  I'm also very grateful for the Priesthood leader (I think it was our sealer, but we can't remember) who suggested that we pay attention to which room we are sealed in and go visit it often.  I love that.
We all met up at Jason's Deli at the Gateway afterwards.  That food was good, it was interesting to hang out with everyone without our kids.  We were the only ones without our kids there.  Good times though.  Made up for the crazy chaotic time together on Monday :).  8-8-13

MAYNES FAMILY REUNION
On Friday we got to go to the Maynes family reunion.  This is the first time (since we got married) that they've had a reunion.  It was so neat!!  I loved meeting some of Nate's Dad's family.  They are all so funny!  I talked a lot with Nate's cousins Erin and Emily.  And a little with Aunt Deanne.  I wish Uncle Keith had been there.  The kids all played around to their hearts content.  Luckily the wind died down once it got going.  Everyone had a good time. 8-9-13

BALLOON LAUNCH
Yeah, I'm not sure why I want to call this post "Balloon Launch" we didn't actually get to go.  The kids all traded houses after the reunion- we had Jarom and Enoch and the Taylors had Kelly, then Charity went to Brynn's- so we didn't make it to the Sandy balloon launch.  I was bummed.  I guess that whole thing is more for me than anyone.  I guess I just want to have it in this spot so when I'm looking through for fun things to do, I remember it next year.  The kids had a lot of fun with their cousins though!  I'm glad they have fun cousins to hang out with.  Cousins were the highlight of my childhood too.  8-10-13

MAGIC CAKE
I had the privilege of making a birthday cake for Henry (my cousin Becky's son).  (Becky bought the voucher at the reunion :) )  He wanted a magic set for his birthday so we decided to do a "Magic" cake.  I found a cute one online and ended up making one like it.  It was a black top hat with a rabbit coming out of the top!  It was pretty cute if I do say so myself.  Even with all the hang ups.  I do wish I had been able to embellish it a little more than I did.  But we were in a hurry.  I really can't spend as much time on cakes as I'd like.  It really isn't realistic.  But it was a lot of fun.  Hopefully Henry liked it.  And even if he didn't- Eric gave me a good enough reaction to make it worthwhile :). 
After dropping off his cake, we took the Taylor's home and picked up the girls.  Noah had to get home to go to the Summit County Fair/Rodeo with the Hatches.  He had a lot of fun! I wish we all could have gone.  8-10-13

SHADOWBROOK GIRLS DANCE CAMP RECITAL
For the past couple months, Charity and Kelly have been running their own dance camp.  They made their own flyers, sent them out, registered a bunch of little neighbor girls, then proceeded to teach them dances, play games, feed them snacks, and whatever else they did with them, about twice a week!  They charged 75 cents per lesson. 
It seemed like a really fun thing for them.  They were enjoying it.  They had a friend to decided she wanted to be part of it all, Savannah, and she brought in a new dynamic, sort of bossy, and disagreeing with Charity and Kelly on several areas of organization, but overall, they had a lot of fun together.  I really didn't think it would go too far, they talked about a recital, but I didn't see that happening.  But they pressed on!
Saturday, August 10th was their big day!! We set up the back yard to be their stage (complete with speakers and music- thanks to me :) ), and made room for the audience.  Then they charged money for the tickets and had a lot of the neighborhood there, even people who didn't have kids in it!!  One of which being a "talent scout" for the Stake Fair Talent Show.  I was impressed with the turnout, with the quality of showmanship my cute girls have developed, and with how well everything went!!  My favorite part was when I saw my two cute girls, kneeling down in fron to of their performers, coaching them, and doing their moves to help them along.  It was SO CUTE!!!  I love that they do these kinds fo things.  And how amazing that they did it ALL on their own!!  I seriously can't take an ounce of credit for how it all went.  I almost feel bad that I didn't have more to do with it just because it was such a success!!  They made us very proud that night!!  I got it all on video and hopefully some pictures turn out :).  One of the moms was very hopeful that they would continue and that her twin girls could continue participating.  She was very happy that they were able to get her girls to perform.  They are really shy I guess.  Bonus points for my girls :).  They are amazing!  8-10-13

No comments: