"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Things to Remember 7-27-14

SABBATH DAY
I got really annoyed in YW this week.  I found out in the library, before church, while trying to get a tv and other supplies for my lesson that I'd been stressing over for the past 2 weeks, that "there's no way there will be time for a lesson"!  Liesl said that she was coming into YW to talk about Girls Camp and it was going to take up the whole hour.  I got really bugged because nobody had mentioned that at all!  I wasn't just bugged, I was really mad actually.  So we sat through a good half hour of random camp stuff, handing out shirts and talking about dress code and such... totally not Sunday related which kind of bugged me.  Then when there were about 10 min left, they had us split into classes for a lesson.... WHAT?!!!  That made me mad too!  I had totally turned off lesson mode!!!  Clearly I had lost the Spirit and was no longer ready to teach.  So I muddled through a few of the points I'd wanted to share while the girls got distracted by EVERYTHING UNDER THE SUN!!!  I couldn't believe how rude and disrespectful they were.  I was ready to freak out at them.  Even when I asked, "Do you guys want a lesson or not?" they actually said, "No."  It was irritating.  So anyway.  So much for the lesson on Covenants and why they are important.  I hope they learn that somewhere else at least.  I'm still mad in case you can't tell.
So then we went to our Marriage and Family class and it was so wonderful :).  The lesson was on Mothers.  I wish I'd been in a better mood, but it did help a little.  Sis. Pickering said some really nice things about me and my kids and had me talk about how to give seven kids attention (which I'm still not sure how to do).  It was a nice pleasant experience though.  I loved the motivation to do better- it wasn't even mother's day :).

I loved the walkabout this week!  I'm not sure why it was so wonderful, but I really enjoyed it.  We got to sit and talk with Bro. Hill about his awesome talk in Sacrament meeting, the Maughans, the Scott's and Lever's.  I enjoyed it.  I stayed late to talk to Heather about school teachers.  I loved it.  7-27-14

MR. HUGHS
So we got our teacher letters on Friday.  I was happy with most of the teachers my kids got, except for Noah.  They decided to put him in the "funnel class".  In the letter it says that they will meet with Mrs. Horning (who is new this year to our school) for half the day on Monday through Thursday and then the last half of the day, and on Fridays, they would go to different classes.  I was a little annoyed with this.  After having Kelly go through what she did last year with the Masterson/Paver class, I just went into panic mode.  I do NOT want to do that again.  So Becky and I (Katherine got the same teacher) decided to go talk to Mr. Hughs on Monday.  It was a productive meeting.  He explained their intentions and the choices they'd been faced with in making the decision to do the funnel class.  I kind of think that having three large classes would be better than making my son be shuffled around, but either way, it's happening.  I don't think I have much choice really.  He said that the kids in the funnel class were hand picked by the Kindergarten teachers because they were labeled as kids who could handle that kind of situation.  They would be able to adapt and be just fine with it.  Parents too.  I so wish I could understand why the good kids have to have the raw deal all the time.  It happens ALL THE TIME.  Kinda makes me want to teach my kids to squeak more.  Be more vocal about how they feel about things and make a big stink when things aren't right.  Then maybe they could be catered too like all the other people.  Not really, but I do get sick of it.  So I guess we'll just let it go. I feel so much more motivated to make sure that things are right this year though.  I think I was spoiled for four years at Holbrook.  The teachers there were amazing.  I wish I'd not taken that for granted.  I will have to be more vocal this year though, so I don't have all the regret like last year.  Kinda stresses me out to think about school though, so I think I'll just put this away til August 25th :).  Back to Summer.  7-28-14

FHE
For Family night we did a lesson on the Armor of God.  We watched the old Seminary video and then had Bradley put on the pieces of armor as we talked about all of them.  I really enjoyed it.  I probably should have let Noah do more of it, since he was the lesson, but he's not used to doing a lesson- he always just picked an activity, so now that we are doing one of each, it's going to be a little tricky I think.  I need to be more prepared.  We played Bluff after and then had donuts, courtesy of Becky and her buy one get one free dozen of donuts.  7-28-14

BREAKFAST WITH JULIE
I got to meet up with Julie today for Breakfast!  I love it when she takes time out of her busy visiting schedule to hang out with me!!  I miss Julie.  She's probably one of my most favorite people on the planet.  It's always good to get together and feel like it hasn't been a year since we did last.  She's a good friend.  I so wish she could have moved back to Utah and not Colorado this time.  Bumbs me out.  But that's okay, I'll take what I can get!  The Big Bear Diner lived up to the hype that Nate's mom has given it :).  It was such a nice morning.  Time to pack for Girls Camp!  7-29-14





No comments: