"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Things to Remember Week of 8-10-14

SUMMER ENDING
I feel like this Summer has already been snuffed out.  I don't know what it is.  We haven't been on any fun adventures lately, and it feels like all we do is sit around.  For some reason, I keep getting the feeling that that is okay, and possibly good for us right now, but it feels weird anyway.  I like being busy and feeling like we're making the most of the Summer.  I do like letting everyone just chill and relax, so I guess it's okay.  I'm so not looking forward to school starting!  I want longer summer!  Either way, it's coming.  I will have to come to grips with it I guess.  Charity is VERY excited and really can't wait for 7th grade!  Kelly is excited as well.  I'm not sure how Bradley feels, maybe a little indifferent.  Luke is not looking forward to it and Noah seems to be content with summer :).  We'll see how these last two weeks go.  I want to do something fun... not sure if I can talk everyone else into another camping trip or not :).  8-11-14

FHE
Bradley gave a lesson from his Scout book about making tough decisions/being honest.  I thought he did a great job even though it was very last minute-ly planned :).  Jack's activity was the park- so we all went to Barnes Park.  The kids all took turns being timed running around the playground.  It was fun to see how many seconds they could shave off of their previous time.  They are all such good runners!  I love to see them go.  8-11-14

BEDS
Tuesday I found a killer deal on a bunk bed on KSL.  I was SO happy to finally be able to change things around for the kids and make their rooms more comfortable.  Kelly, Jack, Erika and I drove down to Salt Lake to get the bunk bed.  Then we stopped in Farmington to pick up some mattresses (another killer deal). We brought it all home and got to work.  It was a lot of work too!  Here's what we did.  We took Brad and Luke's bunk bed apart (made it into two twin beds).  Put one in Noah's room for him, got rid of the crib and put Noah's toddler car bed in place of that for Jack.  Then we put the other twin bed in the girls' room for Erika and got rid of her broken (but oh so cute :(, I'm totally going to miss it) toddler bed.  We hope this is temporary for her because I'd like to get a loft bed for the girls' room.  THEN I spent the rest of the evening putting together Brad and Luke's new bunk bed.  Took me quite a while.  There was a lot of crazy chaos in the meantime as well.  Not that I didn't expect that.  When Mom's trapped up in the bedroom the kids are free to do whatever they please :).  I was pretty proud of myself that I got it put together with very little trouble.  It looks great!  All of the bedrooms look great!  I feel so relieved to have accomplished this and feel so much better about how the kids can sleep at night.  They will be more comfortable.  8-12-14

JOSEPH SMITH MOVIE
For Mia Maid activity tonight, we went downtown for the Joseph Smith movie.  I LOVE that movie!  It was a lot of fun to see it on the big screen again.  I can't believe how heart wrenching so many of those scenes are.  No matter how hard I try to hold back the tears, I just can't!  It's so intense!  I cannot believe all that Joseph Smith and Emma- all of the early saints for that matter- went through.  It is testament to me that the Church is true.  I don't see how anyone would think otherwise after witnessing that story.  I had to thank my Heavenly Father at the end that I was blessed to be born a member of this Church and that I have always known of it's truthfulness.  I feel so blessed.  I loved listening to the Yong Women talk on the way home :).  They have the funniest conversations.  Sometimes I think it would be so fun to be a teenager again.  Fun girls.  8-13-14

SCARY BUDDY
I waited around all morning, worrying about what would happen when I had to leave for little things, because someone was supposed to come pick up all the leftover stuff from the yard sale.  Well, turns out, he came, saw Buddy on the porch, got scared, and just left!!!  I am so weirded out by the fact that he didn't just call or even honk, to get me to put Buddy inside.  Maybe he has some phobia or something, I don't know, but it sure is irritating to still not be able to park my car in my garage.  I'm kinda done with all the crap.  Although, we have benefited from a lot of the clothing and other things.  Can't pass up free :).  8-15-14

SEVENTH GRADE RALLY
Charity has been dying, waiting for school to start!  She is so excited to be in 7th grade!  It really is pretty thrilling to think about Jr. High and all that is ahead for her this year.  I am excited for her.  She got to go to her 7th grade Rally on Friday.  That was really cool and makes things seem all the less nerve-racking I think.  We got the email reminding us about it and it specifically says, "this is for the students only, parents are not invited".  I was relieved to KNOW what was expected because there's always that question- do I make time in my schedule for it and be there and be available, or is it something I can drop her off at.... just cleared things up for me- but for Charity, she was not as relieved!  She had been planning on me being there.  I felt really bad (and not just because of how crazy that morning was) because she started getting really worried about the whole thing on the way there.  It hadn't even occurred to me that she might be nervous for this since she'd been so excited as well.  We talked about it a little and then I kicked her out of the car (not literally).  She was so cute and seemed like such a little girl, walking up to that big Jr. High.  I could see her eyes welling up with tears and watched her as she watched me drive away.  She was so sad.  I thought she was going to cry and that made me cry and then I was just a big mess all the way home.  Well, turns out she WAS about to cry!  She said that until she caught sight of a few familiar faces from Columbia, she was pretty scared.  I'm glad she found her friends, and put herself in a group and managed to have a really good time taking the tour and learning all about Kaysville Jr.  I had to redeem myself and take her out to ice cream "on our way" home as she talked all about it.  It's really fun to experience these things with her.  I'm really just getting anxious for her to begin this next adventure.  I know she's going to do so well!  8-15-14

PRACTICING CHARITY
Charity and I along with all the YW who were up for it, got to go to the Church History Museum.  The main reason we were there was to experience the "Practicing Charity" exhibit, but we did get to explore the whole museum.  I really loved the art exhibit.  It was really cool.  At first glance I thought most of the paintings looked ridiculous, and I'll admit I have a hard time appreciating that kind of art, but after a closer look and reading the descriptions of each picture, I was almost in tears while looking at several of them (I think this is an example of how I am more moved by words than by art).  There were a few that kinda tweaked my heart a little, with Moms holding babies, after having found out that morning that I am not pregnant (again).  Kinda hurts when I think about how much I wish to hold a baby of my own again.  I am learning to tuck those feelings away though.  Save them for a different time or maybe not at all.  I LOVED the picture of the kids climbing all over the Mom and the description of how a woman has to sacrifice many parts of herself in order to be a mother.  It was so true and just felt so familiar.  Makes me proud to know that I have managed to do that.  I do sacrifice so much for my family.  I am glad that I do.  I feel like it gives me the opportunity to enjoy it so much more.  I don't have a lot of extra distractions.  I'm happy to do it too.  This is what I've always wanted to do.  It's my life!  We played in the little kids area, danced in the mexican dancer skirts, saw the tapestry sewn with the girl's hair and took our picture with Angel Moroni, and then it was time to go.  The highlight for many of us, on this trip, was the Brusch's Waffles!!  They are so delicious!  We stopped there on the way home and stuffed our faces.  So yummy.  Made the outing complete :).  8-16-14

THE WARDLES
On Saturday we FINALLY got to have the Wardles over!  It was so exciting for me :).  I could hardly clean I was so happy to have Andrea come.  Nate smoked some chicken fingers and got the yard looking nice.  They came and we all sat and talked while we ate dinner, then came inside for some dessert.  Then spent the rest of the evening- and they stayed til 12:00 so it was a rockin' evening!- playing cards!  It was just like the good ol' days with Andrea!  I think it's been a while before we were that comfortable again.  I am not sure what it was.  It was a lot of fun though.  I really appreciate her friendship.  She's been such a good friend to me.  I know I rarely deserve friendships that good, so I'll take it whether I deserve it or not :).  The kids all got along well and got in on some of the games, so it was a lot of fun.  I so wish she didn't live in Spanish Fork.  But either way, we need to get together more often.  8-16-14

No comments: