"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Things To Remember Week of 8-3-14

NEW BUILDING
We started going to church at our new time and place on Sunday.  I keep trying to emphasize to the kids that it's still the same RELIGION, just a different BUILDING, since we keep saying that we're "going to a different church".  I don't want them to think otherwise :).  I like the change.  I'm good with it.  It's different, and we can't really walk to church anymore, but really, it's no big deal to me.  I like the bigger rooms and the similarities to my old building growing up :).  8-3-14

FUNDRAISER YARD SALE/ BBQ
It finally came and went!  We did it!!  We were asked to host the "Davis County Yard Sale" in behalf of Jared. There was a lot of off and on, planning and cancelling, so it sort of sneaked up on us, but we were able to get out flyers, put ads on KSL, round up donations from local businesses, smoke all the meat and finally pull it all together.  Took me a whole day to go through all the crap leftover from the previous two yard sales, and the whole time I was complaining about what crap it was and how it wasn't going to bring in enough money to be worth all my work, and honestly, I still don't think it did :), but it was all good :).  I had a few young women come and help me out, that was so awesome, and so many people from the ward brought things for us to sell.  That was much appreciated.  Those were the things that actually sold, thank goodness we had them.  The food was, I think, the biggest hit!  Nate did an AMAZING job on the pulled pork.  I was so proud of him the whole day.  He just shined!  And not just from sweat, he really was the BMOC.  He had done it!!  I was just so proud of him!  Did I already say that?  His raffle prizes brought in close to $600 as well, which was pretty awesome.  Altogether we made close to $2500.  I think that's awesome.  Mostly from sandwiches.  We had so much help from everyone, I don't think it really could have happened without them all.  Heidi and John helped a ton.  My mom, Simon did his little massage stand, brought in $50.  I was just so pleased with all the help, all the support from neighbors and friends, and family... it was really cool.  I hope it meant something to Jared.  I'm glad we were able to do something.  8-9-14

No comments: