SCRIPTURES FHE
Noah was the lesson tonight and he gave the sweetest lesson! I was so proud of him. He thought of it all by himself and then carried it all out, all by himself! What a cool little seven year old we have. His idea (that he's had for a while now) was to have everyone tell their favorite scripture and read it and then say why it is their favorite. What a cool, simple, and very special night we had! Everyone had a really great scripture to share. With the exception of Luke, but that's because he was ticked off at me for punishing him earlier, not because he doesn't have one. Even Erika thought about her favorite scripture story about Mary Magdalene at the tomb after Jesus has been resurrected. She loves that "because it makes her feel good" :). So sweet. That's been her favorite for a while now, so it really is a special one. I will have to get Noah's notebook tomorrow to get everyone else's. He had us write them down in his little notebook and tell a little about them. It was so organized and complete :). I loved it. Then he shared his own at the end and closed with his testimony. My heart skipped a few beats I think. He's so adorable. I am so grateful for Family Night. My testimony of it has grown so much. I know it's important. 1-12-15
EARLY
Charity and I went to the temple this morning. Woke up at 4:30, then were out the door by 5:00. What a great way to start the day!! We were both feeling it. I love that Richelle helped Charity find the family name that she did, I'm glad it took some effort and time on Charity's part, and I am really glad that I got to be there to witness it all! What a cool experience to go through for an ancestor that you found! Makes me want to dig a little deeper myself and find some names to do. Charity and I also decided we need to start doing a Beehive temple day once a month. I think that could really strengthen and bring a little unity to our class. Hopefully that's allowed, I need to ask. Anyway, this was a nice morning. 1-13-15
YOUNG WOMEN
Best. Presidency. meeting. EVER! That's all I'm going to say. 1-13-15
PLAY GROUP
Playgroup was at my house today. I needed about 10 hours to get my house presentable, unfortunately all I had was 1. Erika and Jack both felt like that hour could best be spent cuddling. So I cleaned up the living room and then cuddled. The rest of my house was so embarrassing. I convinced myself that it doesn't matter and decided not to cancel. I needed playgroup! Hopefully they all don't turn me in to DCFS. I can't believe I just let Bliss walk upstairs.... so embarrassing. First impression=fail. Oh a much lighter note- I told Emily my news and she was happy- that made me happy :). Hopefully I can do better at keeping it a secret from here on out. :). 1-14-15
BEEHIVES
First activity with the Beehives went well! They wanted to do makeovers so Savannah taught us all about make up while putting it on the girls. She knows SO MUCH! I'm amazed. She did a great job. We took pictures and then delivered little gifts to Keri and Liz. It felt good. I'm glad. 1-14-15
SIX WEEKS
I'm feeling okay. I decided to call this "okay" so that when things get really bad, I am still able to function. I can't help but think that my waking up early every morning, still, is what's making it all bearable. I kept feeling like that would help with Jack's pregnancy, but I never did it. Seems to be working. I'm super shaky and have chills a lot. Super tired, and nauseous, but I'm still feeling so blessed! This is a blessing. One that I hope I get to see through to the end and have a cute little baby to show for it. I keep hoping I didn't just nag Heavenly Father to death and this really isn't meant to be. Hope not. I'll keep praying :). I keep having this voice in my head reminding me that this is not MY baby. This is one of Heavenly Father's Spirits in need of a body. I hope that the spirit that goes with the body that is growing inside of me is one that gets to stay for a while and grace us with their presence. I know that I can't have everything I want. I'm trying to keep these things in mind while still maintaining some positive hope :). It's interesting. Nate keeps asking me what names I have in mind. I'm stuck on a few, maybe we should look at some books or something. Names are hard! Especially boy ones. I scheduled my first appointment, it's on Friday the 13th. Weird. Hopefully it goes well. 1-15-15
BOMBAY HOUSE
We were FINALLY able to find a day to go out with Heidi and John. It's been a month now since we started trying to plan. We had SO much fun! It was so nice to be able to sit and talk, uninterrupted. I know that we're not as fun without Buddy and Jack, for John, but he put up with us anyway :). The food was fantastic! We'll have to go back. Thanks again, Heidi! 1-15-15
AUNT IONE BUSH
We went to Nate's Aunt Ione's funeral today. What a cool lady she was. She personified charity. She made everyone she knew feel like her favorite. She had nine kids even though her health was less than the best and apparently was a pretty cool mom. I loved the story about her pounding the broomstick on the floor of the upstairs to get kids to quiet down (or in Sam's case, not be so quiet ;) ). She just sounded like a really amazing person. It was neat that everyone involved Patience who was streaming via facetime, from the hospital. What a cool family. I feel blessed to witness and be a part of such a neat family. 1-16-15
WARDLES
We were on our way to Andrea's house and after having quite a few things go wrong and make us late, Erika started crying and saying that she felt like she was going to throw up. I wanted to go so bad that I didn't listen to her and we pushed on. Then suddenly I got the feeling that we should not go. I kept fighting it because I really wanted to see Andrea, and made several excuses for why we should go, but in the end, we turned around (well it was North Salt Lake- hard to believe it had taken us almost 45 minutes to get that far with traffic and all) and came home. I'm still bummed, but it was probably for the best. I've got to figure out what is wrong with Erika. I think she's allergic to something. She feels nauseous all the time. Maybe it's sympathy pains?? nah. 1-16-15
SATURDAY
Kind of a blah day today. But we got a break from the basketball games- not that we don't love them, it's just nice to have our Saturday to our own choosing. I went to an indexing/arbitrating meeting- kinda lame, although I did come away with one little nugget of priceless information! We can use question marks in place of letters we can't read (so now I don't have to write the whole word as unreadable, and an asterisk in place of multiple letters... very cool. Richelle was so sweet about me, she's always building me up and making me feel so good. I blame her for my indexing addiction :). So by the time Nate had to go to work I realized we hadn't done much as a family today so I decided to take the kids to a movie. We had missed the early time, but if we could get all Saturday evening things done BEFORE the movie, we could go to the 7:30 one. They did so well! We went to Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day. Cute show. I could have done without some of the adult content, but overall- very cute. My kids seemed to like it. Jack even sat relatively still through the whole thing. What am I saying- he wasn't STILL, he was all over the place, but he stayed on my lap the whole time. That's more like it. He's a wiggle worm. But I was grateful for his ability to be entertained through most of the movie. As long as there is something yellow on the screen we were able to bring him back to it too :). His cute moment was when the movie said, "hello" and he did his cute, little, sing-song, "HELLO!" Cutie. I'm hoping I don't get what Erika has, I hate the thought of a virus while I"m pregnant. 1-17-15
1 comment:
John's response to me telling him we were going to go to dinner with Nate and Christa: "Are they going to bring Jack?"
Post a Comment