PRIESTHOOD
I can't give a lot of detail, but today was a special day. I just want to bear my testimony of the power of the Priesthood. Specifically the power of the Priesthood through Priesthood leaders. We had a special experience with the Bishop today and I just felt so much love and so much support from him. Bishop McGrath and I have had our moments. We've even butt heads a little on a few things :). But the great thing is that he is our Bishop. He loves us. Because of his calling as Bishop he loves us. And it's a special kind of love. It's so obvious. I just feel so blessed to have leaders who have been called and set apart by Priesthood Power to lead us. It's such a sacred thing. The Power that he holds to bless our family and give us direction is just incredible. Maybe this doesn't make any sense, I'm not feeling like sharing ALL the details, they're sacred. But what a cool experience. I just feel so thankful for Priesthood leaders, Priesthood blessings, and the Power that Heavenly Father has allowed us to have here on earth to bless our lives. It's just awesome. There. I'm done. 7-12-15
BACK TO THE FUTURE PARTY
My mom has been planning this party for weeks... the big day finally arrived. We all got together at Heidi and John's for movie, fun BTTF food, and good company. It was a good time. I was really glad that Steve and Jauslin came! I miss them. It was a lot of fun to see the kids enjoying Heidi and John's attention as well :). I should post the pics Heidi sent me. I loved Jack's reaction while we were leaving. He says, "John. weev. me?" He says that a lot when someone leaves now. So I said, "No, actually, John is staying, WE are leaving HIM!" He got the saddest look on his face and said, "My. weev. John!!!?" It was adorable. I loved the hugs and kisses goodbye too. He really loves Heidi and John. Jack appreciates people who make an effort to get to know him and give him the time of day. Everyone else is.... well.... not worthy of his lip kisses :) HA! 7-13-15
TEMPLE TUESDAY
We only had three YW at the temple with us on Tuesday morning. Kind of a bummer of a turnout. I opted out of doing the actual baptisms. Mostly because I am so uncomfortable in the clothes now... not sure if that was a good enough excuse or not, felt sorta guilty, but I did enjoy the spirit there while I sat and waited for the girls. Camrie had brought a huge stack of family names so they each got to do 10 names. Pretty awesome. 5:00 am comes mighty early these days... I hope I can keep this up for one more month! 7-14-15
PRODUCE
Kinda hated produce this week. The truck was about 3 hours late, didn't finish sorting til around 12:30. (although I did have GREAT help from my kiddos! I have no doubt we'll be able to continue doing this even through the c-section recovery) Then I had two people basically stand us up. Very frustrating. I think I want to switch to paying BEFORE we order. Otherwise, I'm going to go broke saving money on produce. And I was EXHAUSTED for the rest of the day! 7-14-15
SCHEDULING
Went in for my Dr. appointment Wednesday. It was mostly uneventful, but Dr. Thackeray let us choose the c-section date! So he is in the process of scheduling that. Hopefully the 1st of September works for everyone! For some reason they had my due date written down as the 15th, which doesn't fit with my LMP OR the ultrasound. I believe the official due date was supposed to be the 10th ish. Then Dr. Thackeray changed it, with my first ultrasound, because of my "irregular periods", to September 5th. SO! That would have put us around the 29th of August for a delivery date. Since we already have an August birthday, and because it just feels right, we were going to stretch it to the 1st of September. So hopefully they can swing that! It feels like it's getting closer, that is a good thing. But then when I look at my calendar, it still seems so far away. I hope all goes well with the scheduling and we don't have to move it back even more. Ultimately, I guess she will just come when it's time for her to come.... sometimes you just don't have a say... but hopefully whenever it is, it all goes well and she is healthy and happy to be here :). I found an adorable "newborn" onesie at the store on the way home... bright pink with big flowers... $2... had to buy it. She will look so cute in it :). 7-15-15
POOL PARTY
Nate was asked to provide his smoked Pulled Pork again for the ward pool party. Turned out to be a big hit! So many people have expressed an interest in buying it from him and the need for him to sell it! Very flattering! There weren't even any leftovers to speak of!! Which was different compared to last year. Pretty cool. The swimming was a lot of fun too. The kids loved it! I opted out of the swimsuit wearing part and just sat on the side cheering on all the diving board jumpers and divers while chatting with Heather, Stacy, and Rhonda. I had a good time. Kinda wished I could be in the pool, but the price I pay for that every time... not quite worth it. Next year. I should mention that Erika went off the diving board for her first time! Kelly learned how to dive off the diving board for the first time, then taught Charity. Bradley did his first flip off the high dive! holy moly! And Noah even took a turn on the diving board! Very cool! Jack went down the slide- that was his dangerous feat that I almost had a heart attack , and Luke just had a lot of fun playing in the safe, shallow end :). I was glad Nate was in the pool with them. He made some progress too, not wearing a t-shirt over his ripped new bod! He really has been working so hard to shape up and he looks great! I wanted him to show off his heard work! I'm proud of him. 7-15-15
DATE NIGHT
Nate and I finally got to go out! It's been way too long. We went and saw Jurassic World at the AMC theater and now I don't think I will ever be able to go to another theater again. They have reclining chairs- SOOOOOOO COMFY!! I had been so worried that I wouldn't be able to sit through a whole movie with how uncomfortable I get, but there wasn't a single discomfort the entire time! It was awesome :). The movie was great too. Couldn't help but think about Brent and his old obsession with Jurassic Park. Took me back :). I think we'll have to wait until it's out on DVD to let the boys see it even though I think they would love it. There's some parts I want to skip for them. 7-17-15
OFF
We spent the rest of Saturday playing with Heidi and John, resting, catching up on some of our shows, cleaning up, and fighting. No kidding, my kids were SO OFF that evening!!! It was AWFUL!! We had to have a long talk. It doesn't happen too often, but when it does, it's really just too much for me, especially right now. Hopefully they can get their act together. 7-18-15
1 comment:
Wow, Brad did a flip off of the diving board! Cool!
Post a Comment