CONFERENCE
It was so fun to have Nate home for all of the sessions with us this time! Taking work off for conference was the best thing he could have done!! What a blessing. I couldn't help but feel like Elder Nelson's talk was for us, about the Sabbath Day being as precious as Temple attendance. But when given the choice between time with the kids or sundays off- it feels like we should choose family? Such a strange decision really. We'll see what happens, we don't even really know if we have the option. It will take some more thought and prayer. 10-1-17
TOO DEEP
I'm really not sure how to express what I've been feeling lately with some of my family and friends. I wish I knew why, and I wish it didn't seem to be my own fault. I feel like I have no friends right now. The times I do get to spend with people feel kind of shallow and less meaningful than they have in the past, and I actually kind of dread being around people right now. It takes everything in me to spend time with people. There are a few people who I really enjoy being with, but I feel myself being really intolerant of most people. I'm sick of feeling like I'm doing something wrong all the time when I'm not. I'm tired of feeling like I owe people something. I'm tired of feeling left out too, which doesn't really fit with all of my other emotions. I feel distant from the people I used to feel close to. I want to think it doesn't have anything to do with PTA, but I'm afraid it does. People just don't treat me the same. I am busier, and have less time to just enjoy life, and I feel like I'm constantly at the mercy of everyone else. Some days I wish I could do things myself so that I didn't have to wait for everyone else to do it in their time. I'm trying to learn patience, but I just don't have any. I want to be a social butterfly and do all the fun social things with everyone, but I have a family and I love my family and want them to be first. I hate hearing about people talking about me or how the PTA is going from people who are talking about it all behind my back rather than bringing things to my attention in the moment. Like that does me any good! I feel like my head has taken off without me- my thoughts are ruling my day some days. I get so overwhelmed about my dreams and the thoughts I have following them. The supposed warnings... it's just so tiring. Overall, I just feel lonely I think. Like the people who used to be in my life are not. It's weird to think that a mom of eight could be lonely. But it seems to be possible. I wish I had a great plan for fixing it, but I'm afraid this one is going to take time. And more patience of course. It's nice to get some of my feelings down though. 10-2-17
FHE
Nate gave a really nice FHE lesson about pressing forward and fighting against Satan, rather than just being neutral. I liked how well the kids seemed to be receiving it and the wheels were definitely turning when he talked about acting rather than being acted upon. Pretty sweet. We watched the Jazz game as our activity (unfortunately Nate turned down tickets that night!!! Such a good dad :) ), and then had drumsticks for the treat. 10-2-17
BOARD MEETING #2
This meeting went differently than I had imagined it going. Jami conducted, which was nice, but we went WAY over- probably because of Heather Byrd and her fundraising concern. Which I am still not sure how I feel about that whole thing. I really don't think there is a better way to do that. Only on the parents' end, where if they make their kids earn the money somehow by selling stuff to neighbors or working in the yard somehow- where you turn it into them EARNING something- but then that's totally up to the parents too. So I don't know. I loved that we had such a good turnout. we have some awesome ladies in there right now. Feels good to have so much help and hard working individuals. It really can't be done by one person. We need everyone. If only we hadn't gone over! 10-3-17
LACROSSE
Kelly was so happy after practice this week! She got in the car and just went on and on about how well she ran her mile- not stopping at all! and then that they taught her how to play attack and how excited she was about that! It was a lot of fun to see her excited and happy and getting so passionate about things. Rare. 10-3-17
LUNCH WITH KRISTA
I am totally loving my new friend Krista. She is so much fun!! We finally got to go to lunch today (after rescheduling twice) and we ended up just talking for like two hours! We could have talked for days I think! She's just awesome. I really hope I don't annoy her anytime soon because I just love having her for my friend right now. Feels like a tender mercy. 10-4-17
DENTIST AGAIN
We were back at the Dentist after a nice long break. We just had Brad and Luke this week. Poor Brad has three cavities that we have to go back and fix, but Luke got a clean bill of no cavities! We were all shocked, including Luke :). But good for him!! Six more months and he can earn Dad's reward.... maybe HA! 10-4-17
THE SHIRTS ARRIVED!!!
So, my shirt girl, Jaime, texted me out of the blue- felt a day early :)- that the shirts were done and she was bringing them over!! I was shocked! And relieved! I had to hurry and get started on sorting them out for the classes. Which thanks to Kelly ended up going really smoothly until the very end when one of the classes was missing a few shirts. I had screwed up on my order which was a total bummer, but likely to happen since there were 750 shirts. But all was well in the end. I was just so grateful for Kelly's help that night! 10-5-17
KELLY'S FIRST GOAL!!!
Kelly played defense in her first two seasons of Lacrosse, so her new move to attack has been a lot of fun this year! She's been loving it! It's been a lot of fun to watch her progress and get better. She doesn't get to play as often as we would all like, but when she does, she does great!! She made her first goal this week!!! It was funny because just before her game she asked if she could get a Frrreal if she scored a point and I said yes. Sure enough- that's all it took! It was a pretty awesome shot too- she just, no fear, went up and took it, right after she got the ball!! So cool!! I loved it :). 10-5-17
SHIRTS TO THE SCHOOL
This was an event all of its own, so it's getting it's own paragraph!! After Kelly and I divided up all the classes in the order of their sign up sheet, we put them all back in the boxes, every so carefully with the sheet pinned to the top shirt- so organized!! Then Nate, Molly and I hauled the six boxes over to the school. Thoughtfully, Nate got us a dolly so that I was able to haul all the boxes around with us to take them to the teachers. It was SO CRAZY and SO AWESOME at the same time!! I loved hearing the kids so excited to get their shirts! And I loved talking with some of the teachers. I didn't love the one teacher saying that she couldn't read my instructions on how to pass them out (Again with the organization!) because she "doesn't read instructions very well". Very annoying, but whatever. For the most part- this all went very smoothly!! For the next week I got a call about every day with a new problem on a size or color, and I was able to fix most of them. I think overall it went well. It was frustrating at times and I'm still not sure I'm done with it all, but I was pretty proud of how the whole thing panned out. From getting the sponsors to ordering the shirt to handing them out- such a huge ordeal that should have a whole committee doing it, but went okay! I don't think I'd ever do that again, like that. But hopefully it's fun for the kids to have their own shirts this year and everyone being able to wear them... yeah, still not sure it was worth all the trouble! hahaha!!! But whatever- it's mostly over :). 10-6-17
DEEP CLEAN SATURDAY
For deep clean this week we did the family room. Bradley was so nice to help out even on his birthday! He's such a good boy! We got it looking so nice! Too bad it doesn't last long, but it's nice to be in the room and get more ideas of how we can make the place more comfortable. I'm sad that Nana's chair is torn and looking pretty sad. I hate the thought of getting rid of that chair. It's too special!! 10-7-17
No comments:
Post a Comment