PRIMARY PROGRAM PRACTICE
Our practice went well today! I was glad. Although, I couldn't help but feel like a little bit of a waste of space! I am really just an extra body in the room. Kind of frustrating really. I need to learn to be more aware and more on top of things I guess. Everything just happens and gets done around me. 9-24-17
JOBS
We started yet another job system. This is my favorite so far :). Nate and I had a long discussion about how jobs and work around the house was becoming a very negative thing. Especially with my "naughty kid jobs" thing that I started doing. As nice as it was, it was giving work a really rotten feel. We decided we wanted the kids to learn that work is good. That it is fulfilling and something to push yourself at. Not something you fake and try to pass off so you can go do something fun. Hopefully we haven't ruined the older kids, but at least this way the younger kids can get off on the right foot. I created a job application (and we've actually done this part before) for the kids to fill out and choose their own job. We talked a lot about how their jobs were becoming a little too time consuming the way we were doing it before and with homework and stuff it was almost impossible to get that and anything else done. So we let them think of totally new jobs that they thought they would be good at. They listed a few reasons why they'd be good for the job, some of their strengths and weaknesses, etc. So Nate and I interviewed each kid and talked to them a little about how we want things to go. They were all very on board, it was cool to see how interested they were with the new system. They each interviewed (except Luke) and all picked new jobs. This month Charity is doing "all things Molly". We'll see how that goes :). I love that she chose it and wants to do things for her. Kelly chose the car- which I am really excited about. Bradley chose bathrooms. Noah chose garbage and he even did the job the day of interviews, before his interview to show us how good he would be at it :). So cool. All that talk about impressing your employer and working hard sank in!! He got a bonus for that :). Erika chose walls and windows. She's been awesome at that as well and earned a bonus shortly after we started. We have yet to talk with Jack and Luke, but overall, this seems to be working out really well!! I'm really excited about it. There's already a different feel in our home. And with team clean up every night, we're keeping the house pretty under control. For the most part. 9-25-17
PICTURE DAY
I got a call, Monday, from the school office asking me if I want to be a "runner" for Picture day and that if I do- I get free pictures :). I was so in! Not that I like school pictures all that much- because I really don't, but it's been so long since I bought any, I thought it would be fun to have some. And it was actually a lot of fun! I got to sit and talk with Sis. Turner (can't remember her first name still) she works for the photographer. And I got to visit with all the teachers as they waited for their classes. So much fun :). I love the teachers at our school- they're all so amazing. I loved meeting Mrs. Spencer. The only interaction I've had with her is trying to get her to understand that I needed to get every kids' sizes for shirts. She was a difficult one. But I'm so glad I got to know her- she's actually really cool and seems like an awesome teacher! So it was a long day, I had to cancel lunch with Krista, but kind of fun. Glad my mom was willing to watch Molly and Jack for me. 9-26-17
PACK MEETING
I'm not overly pleased with cub scouts lately. I feel like a failure really, when it comes to scouts, and we FINALLY had pack meeting after a three month hiatus (much to the Stake's dismay), but it was just not all that great. I'm feeling slightly defeated and wishing I had a better handle on things. Well, I guess what I'm really wishing is that we could be done with cub scouts and abandon the whole thing altogether- how horrible is that! Hopefully we can get things figured out though. I am not in the mood to babysit the den leaders, so it might just be up to them. 9-26-17
WEDNESDAY
Wednesday was a huge bummer. Playgroup was less than enjoyable, Molly had eye goopy stuff so I had to cancel my lunch with the Mottishaws, I don't know, it was just a huge let down I guess. I did get to run a check up to the t-shirt company that night though, and have that out of my hands!! I'm getting really anxious for those to be done. 9-27-17
JACK'S CLASS
I had the best time on Thursday reading with Jack's classmates! It was so much fun to get to know some of them and be in Jack's space for the morning. He's actually doing pretty good compared (I know you're not supposed to compare, but I do it anyway) to the other kids in his class, which is pretty amazing considering where he started out! I'm so proud of him. He was super sweet to me and kept giving me hugs and stuff. Love it. 9-28-17
NEW COUCHES!
The two week wait was almost over and Nate, on a whim, called the furniture store a day early to see if our couches were there. Sure enough! they had just been brought off the truck! So we dashed down there to get them! We had to hurry since we'd had Liam and Allie for most of the afternoon. But we made it back in time to pick up Jr. High kids and then everyone enjoyed sitting on them and talking about them for the rest of the evening. They make such a difference in our living room! I feel like the room actually looks clean now! It's like Nate said, even when the old ones were clean, they were still just like a wrinkly shirt. These couches are like an ironed shirt :). Nice and fresh. I will like them even more when we paint the room! That's going to be awesome, I hope! Fun stuff. I love that we are saving and budgeting ahead of time and even though it's a slow process, it's paid for and we don't have to think about the money part of it as much. Good stuff. Oh and I did get a KILLER deal on these couches!! Pretty sweet. 9-28-17
PARENT TEACHER CONFERENCES KJH
We went to Parent/Teacher conferences about 15 minutes before it was supposed to end (Bradley and I), Kelly was at Volleyball. And got to talk to a few of his teachers. I was feeling pretty horrible that we hadn't made more of an effort even though he has almost all A's, so it also felt a little pointless. But just the fact that we went for Charity and Kelly's in 7th grade, all of them! I felt a little like we'd dropped the ball. But it sure was fun to hear what his teachers have to say about him. Even in the two classes that he had less than an A, his teachers just really love him! So cool. I'm so proud of him and all that he is becoming. It's not easy being a 7th grade boy, but he's totally killing it!! I could have done without McCarey saying I look just like Mrs. Barney. Oh the irony. 9-28-17
VISION SCREENING
Another morning of helping at the school- what's this- three out of five? Kinda nuts really. But this was short. We really struggled getting volunteers for Vision Screening. It's so irritating to find out that the reason people didn't volunteer is because they didn't know if they could bring kids or not- I'm like- ASK!!!! But whatever. I'm trying to understand these moms that spend zero time at the school. I'm not doing too good at it, but whatever. I love the things where I get to be around the kids! Especially since I'm in primary- all the wardies come and say hi or give me hugs which I love! None of my kids failed the test this year! WAHOO! 9-29-17
CONFERENCE
Conference was THE BEST this weekend!!! Within the first few talks, I had already received so many little answers to my prayers! It was so awesome! And again with the TRUST. I am so grateful for the constant reminder that I need to be more faithful in showing that I trust the Lord. That I trust his timing, his power and his love. It's been such a blessing in my life to recognize all that he does for me and that I don't have to do things on my own. I think that's been the best thing about being in the PTA this year. My testimony of his love for me and that he is looking out for me has grown so much. I loved that the kids were so anxious again this time. They are SO AWESOME to just sit there and watch and take notes. We did our words on the treats thing again and they all loved it. We did have a little hang up on Saturday morning- Nate and Brad were helping a family in the neighborhood move so they weren't home to do all the pre-conference traditions with us. The Creamed Eggs on Toast had to wait til lunch time which was a little bit of a let down, but I actually welcome these moments because I think it's a great time to practice being flexible. Something we all need to work on. They came home and all was well. I think they set a great example of living the word and not just hearing it. Service.
No comments:
Post a Comment