PRIMARY PROGRAM
It finally happened! We did it! The kids did amazing! This was Noah's last time and he is the oldest so he had a pretty big part where he got to talk about an experience he had forgiving someone for breaking the frame that held his drawing for the state fair. He shared that he followed the example of the parable of the unmerciful servant. He did great! He also got to sing in a quartet singing Keep the Commandments. Pretty cool. Erika got to sing in a quartet as well, she sang a verse of Baptism and then she also got to introduce the last song, giving the last part! Pretty awesome. She loved that when we were practicing the last song with the Young Men and Young Women and she had to say it over and over again. Jack said, "When Jesus was 12 he went missing." and did a great job memorizing this all by himself and saying it very well. He was so fun to watch- just my cute little Jack Jack. Molly actually memorized her part without my knowledge. I tried to help her learn it, but she just didn't want to work on it with me. But day of, she was up there saying her little, "We can serve as Jesus did." part all by herself! Such a cool little Sunbeam! This was her first time in a program! I only wish Natalie would have put her class on the front row, I don't know why this was the ONLY year she didn't put the sunbeams on the front row. Kinda bugged me. But whatever. They did sign language to Come Follow Me and As I Have Loved You. And had the Youth join them for the song, "I Will Be What I Believe". That was a big hit! We did our cookies and milk along with some videos and comment cards for Primary hour. It was super chaotic, but great for our last Sunday! (Next sunday we will be released and have to go to the second hour meeting about the new program) 9-22-19
NO SCHOOL
We had no school on Monday. We decided we needed to do something fun. Nate was also wanting to reward the kids for helping with the Market, so we went to Boondocks! This was a lot of fun. Everyone ran around doing everything together. I loved watching them. We went to Wendy's afterwards for dinner as we took some water to Charity at work. She had had to leave a little early. We were all pretty wiped out, but we made time to go get our things for our Yellow Care Package that we are sending to Veenendaals. Pretty excited that we're finally doing it! 9-23-19
KELLY LUNCH
Have I mentioned that Kelly comes home for lunch most days? It's been a lot of fun. Occasionally we will get Costa Vida or Panda Express or something to make it a little more exciting. I love that she is choosing to hang out with me :). So I try to be here every day. 9-24-19
HALLMARK
Molly, Sadie and I met up with Grandma Hatch to pick out Sadie's "First Christmas"ornament. I think this was more fun for Molly than anyone :). She liked looking at them. Even picked out Sadie's for us. I found a few that I might get my mom for her Christmas gift. If only I hadn't been feeling so sick that day. It was still nice. 9-24-19
FIRST LACROSSE GAME
Kelly had her first game out in West Haven! Sadie and I were her cheering section. This was a fun game to watch! Kelly scored 3 or 4 goals- we aren't sure which. She made a couple more attempts even too! It was so cool! I am so proud of her! 9-24-19
LAST PINEWOOD DERBY
Well we had our last pinewood derby this Tuesday for Pack Meeting. I really pushed this because I wanted the boys to have one last Pinewood Derby in case it doesn't fit into the new program. I let Jack make a car and participate (along with Liam) since their moms are in scouts, and there were extra cars. Plus, they won't get to do one with Cub Scouts! This ended up being a really fun night despite all the challenges. None of our leaders were responding about who was doing what. Jami was good enough to come and help set up and was prepared with the treat. But Cal was late, and Rachel wasn't answering about her decor, it was nuts! And Dallas had forgotten about the bracket! Paul and I scrambled and stressed beforehand. Of course, eleventh hour, everyone delivered! It went really really well and that was a huge relief! I knew this was going to be my last Pack Meeting as well, so I was trying to savor it a little. It will be nice to be done with Scouts, but it's always hard to leave a calling. Jack got the "Best Car Name" award- his car was named "The Blend Car" which I thought was just too creative not to recognize (Kelly and I chose the awards :) ). He got to race his car and it did really well in the practice rounds, but not as well in the real ones. He and Nate had had to cram and make it THAT DAY, which was super crazy I'm sure, but they did it! So they were happy to just have a car to race :). It was a lot of fun. Here's to the last Pinewood Derby! 9-24-19
MOTHERS AND SONS ACTIVITY
Luke and the Deacons put on a Mother's and Sons activity. They served us Taco Salad and then we played a game tying and learning to tie ties! It was a lot of fun! I loved sitting with Luke and watching him in his element. Sadie was a handful for Nate and the other kids were roaming the hallways (since Nate had to be there too), so that was distracting, but I was the best at tying a tie and it doesn't get better than that :). HA! It was especially cool to hear Melissa Giatras thanking Luke for being such a great friend to Greg. So proud of my boy! He's awesome. He picked out the mustard yellow tie. Very memorable. 9-25-19
NOAH VIOLIN
Noah has chosen to join the school orchestra! He is the proud owner of a new violin and went for his first time on Thursday. It was pretty exciting for him! He came back slightly deflated by the fact that there are only four kids in it. I think that's perfect! Lots of one on one time! I think he will enjoy it. I hope he puts for the effort to practice and really learn it. 9-26-19
FUN RUN
Our school Fun Run was on Friday. This was a big deal. The kids were totally anxious for it! And nervous. They always put so much into it and do their best! Makes me so proud of them! Nate, Molly, Sadie and I all went to cheer them on. I helped hand out medals when kids came through the finish line on the younger kids' run. Jack did SO GOOD! I was so surprised at how early he came in. He did great! I was so proud! Then it was time for the older kids. They did three miles, running the younger kid route twice. Noah came in FOURTH for boys 6th grade and Erika came in 2nd for girls 4th grade!! SO COOL!! I was so proud of them! I just love how cool my kids are! We had a good time. 9-27-19
HOMECOMING GAME
Charity and the Madrigals were singing the National Anthem at the Homecoming game and we did not want to miss this one, so Kelly, Erika, Sadie and I got all ready to go. Molly was sleeping so I made Luke and Noah stay home and tend her and Jack (he's Mr. Homebody these days... never wants to go anywhere). Brad was out with friends. As we were walking out the door we caught Steve! He was coming to visit so we threw him into the van with us and he came along! It was so fun to have him with us. He makes everything more exciting. And loud :). He paid our way because I had completely spaced that it would cost money to get in-- how lame is that!! We had to pay $24 to go see my daughter sing! But we found some good seats and sat and waited. Steve was hilarious the whole time. Freaking out over the guy stepping on our bench! HA! And then when the fireworks went off! HA!! He's funny. It was a lot of fun to get to see Charity out there on the field! I can't believe she's already a big senior! My baby!!! She did great! I could hear her voice. It's fun to hear her as an alto these days. They did amazing. And I loved the added touch of the fireworks! So cool! And then we left :). I was not all that interested in the game and then when I found out how bad it went, I was glad I didn't bother to stay. Steve left as soon as we got home which was a bummer, but it was great to see him! Go Charity!! 9-27-19
NEW CHART
After talking to Emily about their family dinner jobs, I came up with a new plan for us. We are now rotating through a few mealtime-ish jobs, monthly! and then alternating with some more fun responsibilities on the off months. So it goes- Date with Dad, Dishes, Date with Mom, Dishes, Clear, Choose a treat, Set, Choose the movie. So for September Charity had date with dad- they haven't gone yet. Kelly had dishes with Luke and they only did them a few times. Brad had date with mom- we will probably have to mix that in with our going to get his permit in a few days. Luke- dishes. Noah had treat and didn't really get to choose a treat because he got sick of me putting restrictions on it. Then Erika had clear- she did pretty good. Jack had Movie and loved this! He picked National Treasure one time and I think Ice Age another time. Molly was set and did it quite a few times and without whining even. Nate and I were on the middle spot, Service with a smile- I am going to call this my special helper in the future. We'll see how it goes. I'm kinda excited about it. 9-28-19
ERIKA SOCCER GAME
Grandpa came to Erika's game this week, since it was at noon. It was on the verge of raining the whole morning, so we were surprised she was playing, but she did! And she did amazing! She scored two goals! Then stopped bunch while she was goalie! It was so much fun! Great game to have Grandpa there! The boys' games were both cancelled unfortunately! 9-28-19
HOMECOMING
I had the honor of doing Kelly and Charity's hair for the dance this time! I felt so cool! We did cute hairdos for both of them and they looked so pretty! It was crazy to have them both getting ready and going to a dance on the same day! Lots of fun though! This year is it- Charity will be gone next year- I hope they take advantage of the next two to go together! Kelly went with Nate Porter and Charity went with Preston something... I can't remember his last name. He was very nice, but she called him awkward. Kelly liked the boy she went with. They looked adorable together. It was a lot of fun. I took a few pictures as they pinned boutineeres and then said goodbye!! Kelly went to a restaurant called Twigs and got an orange chicken salad. Charity went to someone's house for Olive Garden. They both had a great time at the dance until the milk bomb went off! So weird! Good times though. I can't believe I have two girls going to high school dances! Blows my mind! 9-28-19
RELEASED
Saturday evening Bro. Pedersen came over and formally released me from Primary. He said the awful, "You get a break" phrase that I was not wanting to hear. I told him I'd love to not have a break, but we'll see what that means. He mentioned Young Women sports with Mahala. huh. I will accept whatever calling I am called to serve. No complaints. I just like to be helpful and contribute. Goodbye Primary Presidency! 9-28-19




















No comments:
Post a Comment