For the last few years we have remembered to put up our tree the first FHE in December. As I am typing this I just realized that we did it an FHE early!! Yesterday was November! Oh well. Early is better than late right? I LOVE Christmastime so much now! I had a few years there where it wasn't my favorite, but I think I'm learning how to not get stressed out about it, and it's much nicer now.
The pictures I took of this event are not that great, but I like to have something to document the memories with, so I apologize for the lameness of them :)
Here is a picture depicting how well and how quickly these three children listen to their Mommy. I told them to look at me and smile. You can see how far away Luke looked :) just to prove his independence I suppose :) jk. I'm TOTALLY kidding. My kids ALWAYS listen to me. Especially Luke! HA!
It was so fun to watch Noah experience this again. He was so young last year, I doubt he remembers it, but he had SO much fun this time. I wish I had gotten a picture of his face when he would come over and wait for me to hand him a new one. He couldn't believe the amazing things I was pulling out of the box. And he's all about working anyway, so he was his "all-business" self too. Marching around carrying out orders. He's a cutie. It's so fun to watch these little people experience life. I hope it never loses it's thrill for me.
We have SO many ornaments. So many of them have strong memories and special feelings attached to them that we can't not put them up. I love reminiscing about who gave us different ones and where we got them. The kids all got excited to put up their own Alaska ones. I love to hear them tell each other who wasn't there when we did what. Brad actually said, "Charity you don't have an Alaska one, you weren't born then." LOL. We fixed that right up :)
And I can't forget how sweet it is to watch the older kids help the younger ones get excited. I know Charity and Kelly are excited themselves and it's just so cool that they would want to share that and be so fun and happy for the little ones to feel that way too.
Luke was especially funny when I would hand him an ornament that he didn't love, he wouldn't take it :) He was very particular about which ones he would hang up.... so Luke.
Grandma Hatch has given each kid a cute little ornament for their first Christmas. We decided this was a good year for a group picture of those. (too bad you can't see them really :)) I realized after the fact that we will have to redo this picture when (if ;0)) Erika gets hers (assuming of course). But anyway. It's cute to see them feel all special with their own ornaments from Grandma. They really are special to them too, not just me :).
Kelly realized after we got done that I hadn't taken a picture of her putting up an ornament, so she pretended for a picture :)
Then onto the glasses tradition. Charity got these amazing little glasses from Sister Ashton, her Primary teacher in Alaska, and we have just LOVED making it a tradition to look at our tree lights through them after we get it all put up. They make each little light into a little picture. We have like 6 different shapes, so it's a fun time for all. Erika slept through her turn of course!! The little sleepy-head! I still couldn't leave her out of that.
Noah wasn't interested. He wanted to go to sleep.
But everyone else, couldn't get enough of them :)
Even Grandpa Hatch got in on the fun. They really are cool glasses.... I need to reinforce them with some tape this year.... they're falling apart.
And now the tree is up!! Christmas can begin!! (not as early as Luke was thinking though. He asked me this morning where the presents were..... "why aren't the presents under the tree?? did Santa unwrap them all??" funny little guy. We'll have to make a chain.)
Brad put the angel on the top of the tree this year. Luke's turn next year. (gotta write it down or we'll forget and I didn't get a picture!)
No comments:
Post a Comment