"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, December 18, 2009

Friday's Fabulous Five

1. Friday night the kids got to go to Aunt Jen's Cookie Party. They had so much fun. I love that Jen will sacrifice a whole night and her house (and I can only imagine the damage control that goes on there with what, like 20 kids over frosting cookies) for her neices and nephews. She's a fun Aunt.



2. Sunday was amazing. I am so glad I went even though I'm sick of everyone telling me that I shouldn't be there :) (they don't mean it to be rude, they're just surprised to see me bringing my one month old to church.... they're justified, I just survive very long without church, especially when I don't go anywhere else during the week...). But it felt like every lesson was for me. I couldn't have felt more rejuvenated!



3. Monday has been a crappy day, but hearing the funny things my boys say and do all day has made it just a little more bearable. Noah had a really funny one. We had made chocolate cookies, and his face was covered in it, and I looked at him and said, "Your face is all messy!!" and he did his usual "oh." right away, but then he whipped out this really amazing, NEW word that he has never really used before (and you could see how thrilled he was by the twinkle in his eye, to use it).... "SO." Isn't it just fabulous that he learned this word! I hope we get to hear it at least once a day :) he will fit in with the 3 and 5 year old so much more now.


4. When asked what he wants to do for Jesus for his birthday, Luke said, "I'm going to help make the cake!" He also added that he will help him open his presents :) How cute is he. I wish I could be so innocent.

5. Today I got to go see the girls doing their little Christmas assembly. Each grade sang one song and then Santa showed up at the end.... it was way cute! It wasn't meant to be something that the parents come to, but there were a few of us there. The boys especially liked seeing Santa. It was kind of a last minute decision of mine as we were dropping the girls off, to actually stay for it, Luke was still in his pjs and I didn't have my camera, but I'm glad I got to be there. Kelly's grade sang "All I Want For Christmas Is My Two Frong Teeth" and Charity's sang a song that I'm not really familiar with, I will have to ask her the title I guess.

No comments: