"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, April 12, 2010

The Saturday Before


It was a little difficult for me to like the fact that Easter was the same time as Conference weekend. I would rather have 2 fun weekends rather than cramming it all into one, but it worked out okay, and the optimist in me comes out and says how wonderful it is to celebrate Christ's resurrection with the whole church together..... but anyway. We had a lovely time watching the first session, I am STILL impressed with how well my kids do during conference. And I'm not saying that they're sitting there taking notes by any means, but not killing each other is definitely a plus! After conference we decided that then was the perfect time to color our eggs (since we had put it off long enough). This always goes really well every year too, considering the mess involved. The place stays relatively under control. The kids had a lot of fun coloring them this year.



Luke's favorite color is "colorful" but he settled for some "wellow" and "oweenge" ones this year. He is so intense when he's coloring eggs.






We had lots of cups of colors this year and they all shared so nicely. After coloring our measely 5 dozen, they just had to redye them all again. We did some of our marbley ones this year again, and a few with the elastics (although this wasn't as big a hit this year as last).




Here's NOah with his cracked egg.... it's so cute how they just drop the eggs into the dye.... funny stuff. I'm so glad we have a tile tabletop! That really has been convenient for this project.




Kelly made Erika a blue egg (she decided she was probably a little sick of pink).















We had to get a picture of her showing it to Erika :) I think she liked it.








this picture was blurry so I had to play with it....





















Brad was mostly excited about his Iron Man shirt that he got to wear that day. Thanks again Nancy for all the clothes. Brad loves them.





Luke had orange fingers all weekend.












I think they turned out pretty nice! We all loved my "Milky Way Galaxy" egg there in the middle :)






Which one's Luke????
Once we got that all cleaned up, we watched the second session of Conference. This one is always my favorite, because I love the sustaining of the leaders and I love hearing the audit report (weird probably, but I do). The sustaining part always reminds me of the time that Pres. Hinckley was sustained as a prophet for the first time, the Solemn Assembly, and I remember my family was driving somewhere (I'm guessing St. George) but we pulled over so that we could all stand up when our turn came and sustain him as the Prophet..... that was a cool experience. I loved it when Pres. Monson was sustained as well.... my cute little family in the basement of our Eagle Mt. home, standing up and raising our right hand. So neat! I love that Spirit that is there. Anyway, after conference we hurried on up to Nate's parents' house so that Nate could go to the Priesthood Session with his Dad and the girls could bumb around the house :) Tradition. It was a lot of fun this year. And for the first time EVER it didn't feel like forever. I'm not sure what it is, and I hope none of you ladies are offended, but every year it seems like they are gone for hours! But anyway. We had ice cream and fudge and then went home to get on with our project for the evening. I had found this pattern for Bean Bag Chairs a while ago and really wanted to make them. I had some fleece (like a WHOLE BUNCH) that I bought on a 70% off sale (actually 50% off and then a 20% off coupon) at JoAnns, and decided it would be perfect. I wasn't sure how long it would take to make each one, they each have to have a liner and then the cover, and then filled with the bean bag bead things. So I did put it off way more than I should have (I was in and out with the whole idea anyway because I'm pretty wishy washy when it comes to deciisons). So anyway. A few days before Easter I decided I was really going to do it and started busting my butt every night to finish. I was up till 5:00 one night, 4:00 another, and then Nate and I were up till at least 3:00 talking and filling them and then hiding them the last night (just like us to wait till the end). I am now REcommitting myself to the rule that I do NOT do holiday gifts (projects, whatever) at the last minute!!! It was insane. And I was EXHAUSTED the entire weekend and a few days to follow. It was fun though and they turned out perfect!! I really love them actually. The kids like them and while they didn't quite give me the reaction I had hoped for, they really do have fun with them. In fact they all use them as pillows to sleep on which gives me a kink in my neck just looking at them. I need to get a picture of all of them together on them.....

No comments: