"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, June 10, 2011

The big kids are home!!!

Photobucket
As much as I feel like this first week of Summer has been less than ideal (with no car, sick kids, etc.) I have LOVED having my big kids home!!  They add a whole new element that has been missing since August of last year!!  I appreciate their constant help with their younger sibs, and the fun ideas that they come up with to entertain each other.  I LOVE that my girls will play board games and card games with me.  It's like having girls camp all over agian ;).  Thursday was a pretty boring day, with all the sickies and rain and so on, so this break in the clouds really brought the kids outside and lots of fun ideas.  This particular one was their "Spy Fort Camp".  It was similar to an obstacle course, but with a spy element and club meetings and stuff.... very creative if you ask me.  The big kids focused on that, and the little ones just ran around getting in the way :).  Luke was dead asleep on the couch so he is not in any of the pictures.  I probably should have changed my lens, I was too close to really get a good picture of it all, but I mostly just wanted to get some pictures of the big kids being home again!!  They're so fun!

 
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket
I don't know how Erika has survived without Kelly and Charity to round up all the neighborhood animals for her enjoyment.  It's been really fun to see her with them.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

No comments: