"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, March 4, 2012

The Book of Mormon

Monday night we knew were on our last chapter of the Book of Mormon so we planned to read it for Family Night and then go out for ice cream to celebrate.  It's always such a neat experience to read and finish the Book of Mormon for me.  I love it even more when my kids get to be part of it as well.  This was our third time reading it as a family.  Which may not seem like a lot since we've been reading it REGULARLY for about 8 years.  But with little kids, it can take a while :).  We're proud of ourselves either way and know that it has been a blessing for our family.  I can think of so many things (outside of our testimonies even) that our family scripture study has done for me and for each of our kids.  Charity, Kelly, Bradley and Luke have all learned how to read (I say) solely from the Book of Mormon.  They are all exceptional readers for their ages.  I KNOW that this blessing has come from our steady reading as a family.  I know that the time we spend together has been priceless no matter how unorganized it has been at times.  The fact that we are able to regroup, calm down, and have that quiet, thought-provoking time together, every night, is phenomenal in my mind.  I am so grateful for the counsel from our leaders to read as a family, the encouragement that we receive on a regular basis at church, and the knowledge that it is what Heavenly Father wants us to do.  What an awesome thing to receive so much blessing from.  I am just in awe at how beneficial it is for our family.  I hope I don't sound preachy, it is just my testimony that family scripture study can strengthen a family, and help to bring the Spirit into the home regularly.  I'm glad we've made it a habit, I'm glad my kids are so used to it that they remind us and make us do it even when I'm too tired :).  I'm glad that my testimony of the Book of Mormon has been strengthened and I know that it will continue to grow.  What an awesome thing.
We had a lot of fun at Dairy Queen celebrating :).  Ice cream is the way to top off all cool accomplishments in our family :).  I loved the looks we got from the couple and their one daughter when we came in and took up three tables, half of our kids in their junky pajamas, spilling ice cream all over the place, dipping their fries in their melting ice cream cones, and well, goofing off too much. Let's just say we were having a good time and they looked jealous ;).  I love our family.  I wouldn't trade those moments for the world.  I hope some of them grasped the concept and recognized the coolness of reading the Book of Mormon.  I can't wait til the day when they have their very own testimonies of the Book of Mormon and can share them with me.  That will be a cool day.

No comments: