Charity speaks: Okay so on Friday it was my birthday. My mom and dad gave me a dog chew toy and then a dog training book. Inside the book was a letter. In the letter it said: ..." We wanted to get you the present you have always wanted and you know what that is:) SOOO daddy and I made the arrangements and made it so that you could get a dog as soon as you wanted to!! " It took me a while to understand that so when I fully understood what it meant I screamed my head off!!!! I was so excited that I almost couldn't believe what I had heard!! I told my mom that I wanted to get my dog the next day. She said that that wasn't a surprise:)(which is true. I would've gotten him that day but it was about eight o'clock and it wouldn't have worked.:)). So the next morning I got up at about 5:30 and started to research a couple of breeds on ksl.com. I found a lot of REALLY cute ones but my heart was set on something that had black lab in it. When I found a really cute one I told my mom that we need to call the owner to see if they still had one of them. We couldn't get a hold of them so I kept looking to see if there was something cuter. I did find another really cute puppy. We called that owner and they said that we could come and see them around 5:00. When I heard how late that would've been I was very impatient. We received a call from the owner I had called earlier. He said that he still had some puppies that we could come and check out. So we went to the first person's house and we looked at the puppies. They were so fluffy and cute!!! I almost couldn't put them down ( but of course I had to:)). When we left we went to see some other puppies. We got to there house and when I saw the puppies I almost squealed because of how cute they were!! I waited a little while and I looked at all of them and I found the one that kept coming to me and that kept eating my pants and shoe laces:). When I set my heart on him I said that I wanted him. I named him buddy and he is doing good and well. He has been really hyper and lively. I am trying to teach him not to bite me and my family members. He is just the sweetest thing ever. Okay now I am done with my jabbering:)
And my version: Saturday, the day after Charity found out she could get her dog she was on ksl.com, bright and early, looking for the perfect black lab mix. She had set her heart on a lab/collie mix (she likes both breeds, I guess she figured that was the best of both worlds :)), she knew she didn't want a pure breed, and she was on the hunt. It took a lot of searching, help from Mom and Dad too, but we found two different litters that looked like good choices. One was a lab/australian shepherd and the other was a lab/boxer mix. We scheduled meeting times, and were able to drag the family all over the world and back to find Charity the perfect dog. The first one was going to be at a gas station in Provo. The second was in Spanish Fork. I told Charity she had to see both before she could pick one. I really wanted this to be well thought out and something she was sure about. You know how easy it is to just take the first one you see when it comes to cute little puppy dogs. We stopped and picked up Heidi on the way to the Provo one. Eventually we were able to meet up with the guy that had the first puppies. They were super cute and fluffy. We were totally ready to take one. Charity especially. Thankfully Heidi knew my plan and wanted to see the lab\boxers herself, so she insisted that we follow through with our plans and go see the others. We drove out to Spanish Fork (beef jerky in tow... it really felt like a road trip :) ), and checked out the 8 (or so) lab/boxer mix puppies. They were ADORABLE!!! I couldn't believe there were so many and this was only HALF of the litter!! We all fell in love with them. I don't think it was difficult for Charity to make her decision. She found the one she thought was most hyper, she watched him play tug-o-war with the owner, and she was sold. It was so fun!
We stopped at the store to grab some food and a few last minute things like a leash and toys. It wasn't long before the cute little thing totally threw up on Charity's lap!!!! I couldn't believe it! She handled it so well though! We were on our way to the park and thought that would be a good way to let him get some fresh air. We had our little picnic and then headed back home. He threw up one more time on the way home. He really wanted to break Charity in as a dog owner I think. If she thought pee and poop was going to be gross.... try vomit!!! She was really a pro though, it was impressive.
He has been such a sweet little puppy! He was super sleepy for the first few days, just like an infant. He was only 7 weeks old, so no surprise. But he is slowly showing us his big personality. We have been amazed at how well potty-trained he is. I thank my lucky stars we were able to find a dog this easy (so far! I know there's more). It's been a lot of fun for the most part. I think once Charity is done with her play and her insanely long practices, she will be able to really bond with him and spend the time she really needs to with him. In the meantime, we've all been able to play with, cuddle, and clean up after him :). So he feels a lot like a new family member :).
No comments:
Post a Comment