I know this is going to sound cheesy, but I'm okay with that because it really has meant a lot to me. Last night, as I was sitting up with Jack, one of our late night hang outs, I was kissing him and telling him that I love him. I looked at his sweet little eyes and it occurred to me that I DO love him! A lot! In fact, I feel as much love for this tiny little person who has only been here for 3 weeks (not counting the pregnancy, which I guess I should count), as I do for any of my other family members whom I've known longer. It was so strange to realize that I would do ANYTHING for him, the same that I would for Nate or any of my other kids. How incredible is that! I just can't help but thank my Heavenly Father for that kind of love. That love that is just there. Takes nothing on Jack's part. He's just mine and I would do anything for him. It's such a cool thing to experience. I was glad that Nate was working the mid so I could share that with him right as I was experiencing it, through a text. That was cool. I just love this life. These opportunities we have. Things really are great for me right now, I'm so blessed. I really have it all. There's not much more I could ask for. I feel very lucky, and very loved by my Heavenly Father right now.
Another little moment I wanted to share was last night, while Luke and Noah were up for their ten minutes (Luke missed his the night before). They were sitting here, next to Jack- who apparently really loves laying on the floor on his blanky- and they were totally oohing and aahing all over their little brother. Everything he did deserved a chuckle or a comment. They could hardly keep their hands off him. Luke mentioned wishing he could blow on his tummy :). They both just could not get enough of him. It was priceless. It fascinates me to watch these kids love this little person. They don't act jealous of him, they don't act like he's stifled their lives (which is debatable really), they've never complained about how much I have to do for Jack. It's just so amazing! Who would have thought that was possible with seven kids. I'm so proud of how much love everyone has for each other. Sweet Bradley has had a few opportunities where he's bounced him to sleep, or during Sacrament meeting he held Jack, and he just loved him the whole time. Commented on every new facial expression. Joked about what he was thinking. For a whole hour (and would have done longer if he'd needed to, I'm sure). His arm was worn out after the first 15 minutes, but he toughed it out! It's just so cool! And when Luke came down in the middle of the night, he was shaken up by a bad dream, but quickly changed his mood after just listening to Jack's burp :). And then it was all about Jack and Luke just wanted to hold him and play with him. At 3:00 in the morning! That's love. That's the love I think Heavenly Father wanted us to feel for our family members. I'm not naive enough to think that things will always be roses for these kids. And they fight enough to last us a lifetime :). But it's cool to know that they feel the love that they do. Especially this pure, untouchable love that they have for Jack right now. What baby wouldn't want to come to these six brothers and sisters who will give them the world. I hope that some of it sticks. I hope that they always feel the love, even when they're not getting along. But for now, I am just going to savor these moments.
No comments:
Post a Comment