"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, April 4, 2014

Lots and Lots of pictures from the last couple weeks....

These pictures are a little old now- need to get some new ones, but here are our newest little kitties!  Midnight had five kittens on March 20th.  Luke is the proudest of them all- he LOVES her kittens and he has been so sweet with Midnight.  Makes me totally confident that he will be an awesome husband and father.  He really has just blown me away with his sensitivity to the situation and his love and gentleness.  It's fun to watch an 8 year old boy take on such a sweet role.  I'm loving it :).  
The kittens are extremely low maintenance at this point.  The attention to them was in full force for the first week or so, but it has died down.  Of course now that my house is relatively clean, there are no neighbors coming in it... they came while it was not clean.  That's okay.  
We've named a few of them, let's see if I can remember all their names.  Pinky is the one I named because it has 4 white toes and the last pinky toe is black on both front paws :).  Then there's Tiger- that one has stripes.  Ellie has a white spot on her elbow.  And I don't think we settled on Mittens or Socks for the one that looks like it's wearing socks (or mittens) with it's white paws.  One of the dark ones needs to be named Smokey.  But we're not there yet :).  Anyway- they've been a lot of fun.  Hopefully they're content to just sit in the box for a couple more weeks (ha ha).  







These are from the day that Nate, Noah, Erika, Jack and I all walked to the park for a picnic on our way to take Noah to school.  It was a nice relaxing walk and time at the park.  





















I always love these times when I just take pictures of everything.  Even when it's nothing special.  Just having memories of the down time too.  I love that.  




Saturday was Kambree's birthday party.  She had a blast!  They rented a bouncy house (somebody had offered them a killer deal on 2 really big ones, but then backed out the day of! So they had to scramble to get a different one- it wasn't as cool as the other two were going to be apparently, and cost more, but anyway- the kids loved it!), had hotdogs and goodies, it was a lot of fun.  I'm glad they needed a place to have it and that it could be here :).  It was a lot of fun.










We were so glad that some of our neighbor kids came too- the more the merrier.  Don and Sherice had planned on more I think :), but it was a good group of kids.  They all got along and had a good time the whole time!  I was impressed.





We finally went to Wheeler Farm again!  
Emily invited us to go with them, we just couldn't turn them down, even though Nate was the odd man out.  It's a little weird with his schedule when we want to do fun things with friends who's dads don't have crazy schedules.  But whatever- Nate fits in just fine :).  I love having him with us anyway.  We had a great time.  The kids actually enjoyed it quite a bit too!  I remember going there a lot with the older kids were little.  Like every couple weeks, just to feed the ducks.  The place has changed a lot!  I'm glad we got to show the place to the littles.













This reminds me of how OBSESSED Charity was with horses when she was little!  Almost more than dogs.  I think she only settled on dogs because she knew that was more likely as a pet :).  

Jack loved the snow all of a sudden :).  Couldn't get enough of the few inches available that day :).



Luke looks cold.



nope, still not over the fact that Erika's clothes look hilarious on her... she's grown a little apparently.





We sat down to eat lunch amidst all the ducks and geese.  It was a fun spot to get out the camera.  I really have been enjoying taking pictures again lately.  Not sure what the lull was for the last year or so... but I'm committed to doing better.  I don't want Jack to hate me later :).






I shot most of these in manual... not sure how good I did, but I'm not going to take the time to edit them.  That's what makes me put off doing the blog- I need to just be okay with crummy quality pictures sometimes :).






our cute little friend Emma







the beloved Kate :)










Seemed like a good time to take a picture of all my kiddos.  This was the first one and it turned out perfect if you ask me!

Lucky for you, though, I am going to post all the un-perfect ones too :).  There's a lot, bear with me... 
if I've said it once, I've said it a million times- each picture may all look the same to you, but to Mom, they're all very different! 











I shouldn't say it, but I kinda wish I'd thought of taking pictures BEFORE we left the house in our crazy clothes :).  I guess this is more real though :) 




at least we tried with this pose :).  I may have over done this one though...






I'm loving Erika's poses :).  She's a crack up.













not even staged... I love Luke in action!






he had a leaf stuck to his tummy :)





We had a lot of fun with the Maughans, Clarks, and Andreasons.  Good times!  We need to do that more often.


No comments: