"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected
Monday, April 13, 2015
A-MAZE-ING
Nate's lesson on Monday was really fun! He had strewn string all through the backyard then had the kids line up, blindfolded and they had to try to get through the maze, holding onto the person in front of them AND the string. He had Kelly lead everyone, with her eyes open and able to talk and help them out. Then Nate would harass them every once in a while trying to get them to leave the string for candy :). He only had one taker, poor Noah, he had to come inside and watch. But it sure was an interesting lesson. It took them a long time to get through it all and even had rain towards the end, but they were being so sweet to each other when they came in the house, everyone was all huddled together around the fire trying to warm up as Nate was explaining the application. It was cool to hear their thoughts on Noah leaving and how sad they were to not have him there. His thoughts on how he thought they were mad at him when really they were just trying to be serious. I thought they learned a lot. It was fun to watch from inside, I got some pictures. Jack and I looked out the window. I love these kinds of object lessons. Good times. Sidenote: Noah had made his way into the living room and was becoming a concert pianist during the maze. It is SO NICE to have piano sounds in our house again! I've missed it! And while I hope we can fix the sustain pedal soon, I wouldn't trade it for anything! It made my day when Noah asked me if I would "teach him how to play the piano today?" That will be cool to have the option again. Hopefully one or two of my kids can carry on the tradition. The kids were all thinking there was a Jazz game that night, and there wasn't, but I'm loving that they are as into it as Nate :). Gives him company and actually has influenced me to watch it all too. It's too fun not to with everyone cheering and getting into it. I love Luke's score keeping and arguing with the refs :). The need to see everything twice is hilarious too. So fun. We are a Jazz family apparently :). 2-2-15
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment