"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, April 12, 2015

Things to Remember 4-5-14

EASTER SUNDAY
Sunday didn't feel as much like Easter as I would have liked, but it was a nice day.  We watched conference again, with our reverent little kids.  This time Erika really wanted to do Bingo so we did and they were so good with it!  Normally it's more noise than it's worth, but it wasn't this time.  We just make sure to do the prizes in between talks.  I loved it.  I really loved Conference this year.  It felt like there was so much said just for me.  I feel like my life has been so easy lately.  There isn't a big trial weighing on my mind anymore and other than feeling like crap- all is well, so it was nice to feel like there were things I could work on and that I actually have the ability to do so.  I like it when I feel like I can move forward rather than just not going backwards.  We made our little nests with the eggs in them (chocolate covered pretzel sticks in the shape of nests with Cadbury mini eggs) for our dessert.  Nate left during halftime.  That was a bummer.  Then we hunkered down for the last session.  This one is always the one that puts everyone to sleep for some reason.  Everyone except Charity, Kelly and Luke this year.  It's all good.  Jack looked adorable, I'll have to post the picture I took of him with his hands clasped together, fingers interlocking, it was so adorable.  We hurried off to Grandma Hatch's house for dinner.  We had a nice time with Heidi and John and my MOm and Simon, eating dinner, facetiming with Sarah and her kids, then playing basketball and frisbee out in the yard.  We even got to pet and feed some of their neighbor's horses.  The kids LOVED that!  Grandma sent us all home with a bunch of stuff and we were off- SCHOOL NIGHT!!!  When we got home Kelly lead us through the Easter story with her eggs from last year.  The kids were surprisingly very interested and participated really well.  I was glad since I felt kind of bad we'd put it off til then.  They know it very well.  I think they had a refresher in Primary last week, but that's great that they listened!  I feel so grateful for the Atonement these days.  I feel like I understand it so much better this year.  I just want to be good and show Heavenly Father and my Savior my gratitude for His investment in me.  I don't want to let Him down.




4-5-15

FIRST DAY BACK TO SCHOOL
This Spring Break felt kind of long by the time Monday morning came.  In a good way.  It felt like Summer already.  It was such a disappointment to have to send everyone back to school.  The house was so quiet all day.  Erika was so bored and didn't know what to do all over again.  It was so weird.  I did get a surprising amount of housework done though- that was a bonus.  I missed my kiddos though.  It's never fun to send them back.  No matter how out of ideas/energy I am.  Mrs. Beckstead and I had a little talk with Luke about his chest pain, trying to convince him that he could stay at school today.  Talking about the rollercoaster and how it always comes back down.  I think it helped Luke.  I hope we can come up with some really good coping mechanisms with him.  I'm so grateful for Mrs. Beckstead and her experience in this area.  She's been such a blessing.  I was feeling so overwhelmed this morning at the thought of Luke still dealing with this, cried a lot, prayed a lot, and then there was my answer- in Mrs. Beckstead.  She's amazing.  I think everyone felt pretty good about the first day back though :).  4-6-15

FHE
Luke (and I) gave the lesson tonight.  We talked about challenges/trials and how we can let them make us stronger.  We used an egg and potato in boiling water to demonstrate that the same trial (boiling water) can do one of two things to us (potato or egg).  We can either be made strong, or weak.  I loved this analogy and I think Luke was grateful for the help.  He did a great job when I wasn't taking over :).  We drove up to Krispy Kreme with our report cards to get our free donuts :).  We had so many we had to deliver a few boxes to neighbors.  The kids loved watching the donuts being made.  That's so fun :).  4-6-15

MAYOR BRADLEY
Bradley ran for mayor again and finally won!  So exciting :)  4-8-15

CHORALIERS
Charity's Choralier tryout was on Wednesday.  She has been practicing for WEEKS!  She worked on Phatom of the Opera's Think of Me- pretty brave song choice!  And she totally nailed it!  She had to learn a hymn that Mrs. Woodfield chose and sing it with all the other parts being played and sung but not her part!  I was so impressed!  She did great!  She sounds amazing!!  It was so fun for me to be there with her as she auditioned.  I was so proud of her.  I really am just so amazed at her talent and her courage.  She did amazing!  I think the choraliers will be missing something this next year.  Lacking.  Unfortunately she didn't make it this year, but there is always next year!  4-8-15

JACK
Jack is all of a sudden very talkative!  Trying new words and even new sounds.  It's so fun!  I feel like it's so much easier to communicate with him now!  I love his cute little voice too.  Such a sweet little boy.  4-8-15

FAMILY HISTORY LIBRARY
Charity and I raced down to Salt Lake for our Mutual activity.  We got there way late, but still caught the tail end of the "lab" and a little bit of tour.  I wish we hadn't been late, but what we saw was great.  I'm really loving the focus on Family History.  I loved hearing one of the tour guides talking about how important indexing is and how valuable it is.  Makes me feel like I"m contributing.  I thought a lot about Grandpa Mottishaw while we were there.  Made me feel like he was there with us.  He spent a LOT of time in that place.  Even took me with him a few times.  It was fun to think about how much work he put into his family.  I bet he's Mr. Popular in Heaven with them all :).  4-8-15

WE HAVE AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

Took Nate and I a lot of thought, but we finally came up with a fun way to tell the kids about their new sibling.  So Thursday, I got up a little early to make our puzzle.  I drew a little stick figure family picture with me with a little stick baby in my tummy :).  It reminded me of the picture I drew of Nate and I during Stake Conference the day after we got engaged :).  I even laminated it :).  I was really excited!  So we made the kids all gather around for breakfast, which doesn't usually happen, they usually all just kind of come and go once it's on the table.  So this was different.  I had to drag Erika out of bed- I had to tell her I had a surprise for her- so that she wasn't unhappy about it.  Then we had them put the puzzle together.  It was cute to watch the wheels turning in Charity's head.  She figured it out way ahead.  The rest of them didn't seem to catch on.  It was super cute though when they all got it.  Lots of "OH!!!"'s.   And smiles and stuff.  I think they were mostly happy about it.  We of course went right into the questions about who will babysit when I'm at the hospital having the baby.  And where will the baby sleep.  It's cute how they are all planners.  Gathering informations.  Funny kids. My favorite part was when Noah looked at me confused and said, "You don't look pregnant though?" Aww shucks, Noah, you're my new faovirite :).  I also loved it when Erika made the realization that, "If this baby is a girl, then I will have a little sister!"  It was very thrilling.  I was relieved :).  I've watched too much Saturday's Warrior to think that can happen.  My kids are just awesome though.  I am so grateful for them.  Then it was back to life and off to school!  4-9-15

IT'S OUT
I ended up telling a LOT of people on Thursday.  It was the big announcing day.  There were a lot of people that I was worried would hear it from someone else and be bugged that I didn't tell them myself, so I sent out a bunch of texts with the picture of the puzzle.  That was fun.  Nobody seemed too shocked by the news, so that was good.  Then Grandpa met up with us at the pool during Erika's lesson and surprised us with the news of his new job, so we decided to try to one up him and shared our news too.  His reaction: "Another one?"  I totally forgot to use my "It's been on the blog for months!" excuse when he got mad about how long it took me to tell him.  Oh well.  I don't think it really matters.  I had fun texting with Steve and Sarah about it all day.  They were both very fun.  We came home from swimming and I went out to lunch with my friend Kenni.  She let me talk about the whole announcing fun.  That was nice of her.  I told a few more people that night at my book club.  That was fun too, we all just sat around talking about babies and having them.  I like to do that sometimes :).  4-9-15

ULTRASOUND
We went in for our UNofficial ultrasound, just in-office.  Dr. Thackeray always offers this so that we can bring kids to see the ultrasound and stuff.  Just kind of a fun thing.  We ended up deciding to just make it a date and enjoy the experience with just the two (well, three really :) ) of us.  I was glad we chose to do that.  I don't think anyone would have wanted to be checked out of school anyway.  He looked around a lot and we never seemed to catch a very good bumb shot.  I consider myself a seasoned ultrasound-ee and can recognize most of the things that we see on there, but for some reason this time, I'm not sure if it was the angle or what, but it seemed difficult to distinguish what everything was myself.  We got a decent bumb shot after much searching and it looked mostly like a girl.  We could see the umbilical cord pulsating between the legs, so unless it was wrapped around and coming from behind or something, we know there was nothing blocking the cord.  Which means.... SHE"S (probably) A GIRL!!  Wahoo!  I wasn't really sure I was buying it though, still not, I am going to need to see it again in a month to really feel secure in the diagnosis :).  But for now- we're very anxious to have a baby girl.  We were really excited to tell Erika, but she wanted us to "Surprise her", so we spent most of the afternoon trying to think of a fun way to surprise the kids with the latest news.  They were bugged.  We had Noah's baseball practice and then my book club before we finally came up with something.  4-9-15

PINK OR BLUE!
I had all the kids sit in a close little circle, almost a clump, and I held the paper bag over their heads.  They all screamed, "Is it a girl or a boy?" and I popped the bag and all the pink confetti came raining down on them.  I thought it was so fun :).  I am not sure how they felt.  The looks on the boys' faces were somewhat anticlimactic.  I'm not sure why because most of them informed me that they were okay with either since they "already have  __  little brothers.  So, not sure what that was all about :).  But whatever.  Erika couldn't have been happier.  Charity and Kelly too.  That was fun to see :).  Erika is already planning what kind of blanket she is going to make for her little sister, since her big sisters made one for her.  She is planning a necklace too. She's going to be fun to get all anxious with.  She keeps saying, "I wish she could just come out now."  When I told her how little her sister is right now, she let out a cute little, "Awwwww!"  It is kind of fun to think about a 5 in long, 5 oz little girl :).  Too bad we have 21 more months left!  That will give us time to save up for our third bench in the back of our car, get the bedroom situation all figured out, and well... just get really excited and impatient :).  4-9-15

BIKE RIDE
Nate, Erika, Jack and I went on our usual bike ride to 7-11 and then Gailey park for our picnic.  It was so much fun.  There was a lot of talk about our baby girl.  It was fun to be with Erika.  She is already feeling the big sister role.  It's cute to see her as a "big sister".  I think she's going to be great.  I only wish they were going to be closer in age.  Erika is an amazing little biker. She is so tough!  Even when her legs are tired, she just keeps going.  She's a tough little girly.  I was proud of her.  Jack slept the entire time and it was a good thing- he needed it!  We got to the school in time to ride home with the kids.  Good times.  4-10-15

BASEBALL
So baseball season has begun!  I think I'm the most excited :).  Noah and Bradley are playing their first season.  Luke is our veteran.  Luke and Bradley are on the same team which I think will be kind of cool for them.  I'm bummed because all of the games, are overlapping, so Nate and I will not get to watch the games and stuff together.  We are having to divide and conquer.  Not my favorite.  But it is still fun for me.  I love watching baseball.  I hope they end up having fun with it.  This first practice left Brad looking kind of depressed, so I"m not sure what that was all about, but hopefully it's not because he hated it.  I can't wait for games to start!  4-10-15

DAN AND ADELE
We got to go to Dan and Adele's sealing on Saturday.  When we got to the temple I realized I had forgotten my temple recommend.  How annoying.  I knew it was possible to get in, but I hated the thought that I didn't have one in my possession.  I hated standing there in the lobby of the temple waiting.  Not able to go in.  Made me realize how important a valid temple recommend is to me.  And how much I don't ever want to not be worthy to go to the temple.  It was not a good feeling to be stuck there.  And even though I know I have a recommend and they knew I had one, I felt a little weird going in without having shown mine.  Kind of weird.  But anyway- this was really a really special sealing.  I could totally feel Jen in the room. I know I've said this before, but I just know that Jen is going to love Adele.  I can already see them laughing and getting along together.  It's awesome.  I am so happy for Dan and Adele, they look so happy and seems like such a great thing for them and their families.  Congratulations, Dan and Adele.  We went to Ruby River afterwards with some of Nate's sibs.  That was a lot of fun too.  I enjoy adult time! 4-11-15

19 WEEKS
So the thing that is bugging me right now is the pain from scar tissue.  I am not sure how it works, but Dr. Thackeray said that the pain I'm feeling is most likely from scar tissue.  I blame my appendectomy for that.  It feels like something is tight, stretched across my abdomen, and if I straighten all the way out, or roll over funny, or even just standing up sometimes, it feels like something is going to snap in half.  It's crazy.  Hurts.  I feel better knowing it's not something horrible and while I have had it in the past, it seems worse this time. Another thing that bugs me is my fat belly.  I don't get a cute "Baby bump" I get a big blob of belly on top of a smaller (looking, since the top is so bloated) area where the baby is.  It's really hideous.  I know people are just trying to make me feel better, saying it's not noticeable, but it's hideous.  I'm looking forward to my baby growing a little to even out the lower half.  This is the epitome of a muffin top right now.  I hate how I look!  I know it's all worth it though, I'll live... just bugs.  4-11-15

No comments: