"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, July 26, 2015

Things to Remember week of 7-19-15

SUNDAY SCHOOL
Our Sunday school lesson was about Christ's Atonement today.  It was such a great reminder of our Savior's love and how much he really must love us.  I had a lot of thoughts about the things that have been stressing me out lately and decided that I've been looking at things wrong.  I had a little change of heart and was able to repent and talk to Heavenly Father a little about it all.  Feels a lot better.  7-19-15

BOOK OF MORMON
I finished the Book of Mormon!!  Felt like it had only been a few months and I was right- it was back in May that I finished it last!  Wahoo for me.  Makes me happy.  I have been really into it lately and it's been difficult to put it down.  I love that it's on my phone and I can just open up my scriptures whenever, wherever and read.  Feels like a really good thing, especially right now when sanity is not within close reach.  I love that I can feel the Spirit when I read.  I love that I have faith that the things that are written in that book came from God and that they are the things he wants me to study.  Feels good.  I started reading it over again and when it said in the introduction that if you want to learn more about Joseph Smith's History to read the Pearl of Great Price, I realized it's been a LONG time since I ready the POGP.  I think it was that year at UVSC when I took the class.  So I started reading that.  It's so short, I'll be right back to the BOM asap.  It's nice to feel on top of this area of my life.  I usually do horribly when I'm pregnant, so this is a blessing.  7-19-15

CRICKET
Nate's friend brought his dog for us to dog sit on Sunday.  I'm not happy about this.  Let's see if she survives living here with me.  Buddy was pretty cool, barking at her when she would jump up on me though!  Makes me feel like Buddy knows I like him and he likes me, we just have a mutual agreement that we not hang out with each other.  Kinda nice.  7-20-15

33 WEEKS
So, I am PRETTY sure that we will be delivering on the 1st of September which is a Tuesday, so I'm rerouting my weeks a little to accommodate the new timeline.  I don't know why that makes more sense in my mind, but it does.  Helps me to say I have six weeks left when there's really only six weeks and not six weeks and three days.  Plus with all the adjusting Dr. Thackeray did with my due date- who the heck knows how far along I really am anyway :).  Jk.  I'm ABOUT 33 weeks :).  It feels good to say that there are only six weeks left.  But at the same time, that still feels kind of far away.  There's a lot to get done before then, though, so I'm hoping we have enough to keep us busy and it goes quickly.  The pelvic/pubic bone pain continues.  It's not my hips this time like with Jack, so thank my lucky stars for that, but it seems like these new symptoms- the ones that show up only for one pregnancy- are the hardest ones for me to overcome.  This one is really painful.  It's nice that it only shows up when my bladder is "full", when my bowels are "full", and when I'm contracting.  But unfortunately, those things happen quite a bit.  It's hard to lift up my legs most of the time too, which is definitely a bummer.  Walking is less enjoyable.  And that's been bad because I'm not as active as I would like to be still.  I'm not sure how to overcome these new symptoms.  I wish there were answers.  There's also this other new thing, this weird pain right where my appendix was.  I assume it's scar tissue just pulling and stretching, but it burns like no other!!  Makes it hard to do anything while it's hurting too.  It doesn't last more than 10 or 20 minutes and it's usually just in bed at night, but UGH, it's painful.  I don't feel AS nauseated anymore, but the d7-2islike for food hasn't subsided.  Food is just not my friend right now.  It is getting harder and harder to prepare meals and want to do all that stuff.  Which is bad.  I can't get over how many people are asking about her name!!!  Why does everyone want to know so bad?  I mean, I get why my kids and family want to know, but random people at church??  Seems funny almost.  I've been getting a lot of crap about it though, which just seems strange.  Is it really that weird that we are not telling people?  I guess I could just lie and tell them we don't know what we're going to name her- ya can't really argue with that.  But then I've gotta hear suggestions too... suggestions are only fun when you ask for them.  I just don't like to put the name out there this early on.  Her name really is growing on me though.  I almost call her by it all the time :).  I especially love her middle name.  It's been really special to me lately.  I'm so excited to meet her.  I hope she is excited to come.  I had to give the kids the "let's try to have the Spirit in our home, so that she can be more comfortable here" speech recently because the fighting seems to have reached a new level.  They're doing much better.  I appreciate them so much.  The fact that they find that an important cause means a lot to me.  They are so good.  They've all been praying for her to be getting ready to come and that her body will grow like it's supposed to.  It's so cute.  I hope she really is doing okay.  She moves around enough that she should be, but ya never know I guess.  I pray for her nonstop.  I hope she makes it here when she's supposed to and in one happy little piece and that she gets to stay for a while.  Bending over is difficult.  7-21-15

"NIGHT GAMES"
Tonight for YW/YM we were supposed to play "Night Games".  Which seemed funny since it wasn't dark out.  But it ended up being a pretty fun activity up at Castle Park with a fire in the fire pit, hot dogs and marshmallows to roast.  We did play a grueling game of sardines through the wooded area near the creek, but that ended up kind of bombing.  It was an interesting activity.  Felt like there was a pretty extreme separation between the adult leaders and the youth.  It makes me sad that the youth all have these leaders who don't care to get to know them by spending time with them.  Kind of a bummer if you ask me.  There were a few leaders getting involved, but for the most part, the youth were on their own.  It's a bummer too because a lot of the YM leaders are brand new!  Seems like they should be trying harder than anyone.  Same with a lot of our YW leaders.  Bumbs me out.  The youth deserve better.  That's all I have to say about that.
Oh!  But I should mention, my cool little Charity and Kelly went around the neighborhood to all the less-active and new non member's homes and invited them all to the activity!  It was so cool!  I'm so proud of them and their outgoing natures to be able to do that.  Made me happy.  They got the new girl who is not a member to come and were able to get to know her a little better, as well as the less-active girl and her brother!  Cool stuff.  I couldn't be more proud.  They're much braver than me.  7-22-15



PIONEER DAY
We had a really fun weekend celebrating the pioneers.  It was great because Nate had all the days off with us.  We spent some time at the carnival on Friday.  Heidi joined us.  That was pretty fun.  I wish it hadn't been so hot and I wish the lines weren't so long.  I spent a lot of time in line with Charity for the Bungee Jump, so I didn't get to see everyone else doing their fun rides.  They all had enough tickets they should have had fun, I think they did :).  I love just being there.  It's a fun atmosphere like Heidi said.  Erika wanted to make sure she did the pioneer booths, which I thought were too much like Nauvoo to give them a second glance, since we just did all that, but my kids LOVE that stuff!!  It's fun that they do, I'm glad.  Noah made sure to get a prairie diamond since he's lost his from Nauvoo.  After the carnival we stopped at the store and grabbed some food for our BBQ.  I think we're allergic to shopping right now, we haven't been for our bi-weekly grocery shopping in about a month and a half.  My bad, really, since I've blocked all food and meal planning from my mind... hopefully I get at least some of my like for food back when this baby comes out.  Otherwise, we're in trouble.  I was doing so good planning out our menus and such... oh well.  Anyway- We had Heidi, Sarah and her kids, and Steve over for some BBQ.  It was so much fun!!  I wished Brent, John and Jauslin could have been there, but it was a great time!  We said goodbye to everyone and tried to turn on a projector movie but failed miserably- apparently our speaker is broken... hopefully Costco will take it back.  Instead, we walked up the street a little ways to watch the fireworks that we'd heard weren't being let off this year!  We actually got quite the show from SEVERAL angles.  This is a prime spot for the big fun fireworks.  Since we'd promised the movie earlier, we ended up letting the kids turn on a movie too, which was crazy since it was 11:00 at night!  It was fun to see Bad Hair Day, the movie the girls have been raving about and actually got the boys to enjoy it as well.  Not too many movies are everyone approved.  Happy Pioneer Day!


7-24-15


2 comments:

Heidi said...

Nate is so great. The great nate! Glad he finally caught up in age to my husband :) Sounds like it was a good birthday! We will get to give him our present tomorrow!

Heidi said...

Jack is so stinkin' cute.