"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, February 21, 2016

Luke's Big Day


LUKE'S BIG DAY!
Wednesday was Luke's birthday!  I was so worried about it because there was so much that needed to happen that day.  But I think we managed to make it a special day for him.  I was glad we had celebrated on Monday too.  He woke up to his sign and streamers.  We had his favorite, crepes, for breakfast.  He got to open his present from Erika!  She had picked out a small jug of mango juice and something else, now I can't remember what it was.  He was so pleased!  I loved that he was having so much fun when he was opening his gifts.  Truly grateful for what he got.  That's awesome.



 He did have to go to school, but we ended up checking him out for lunch at Pizza Pie Cafe to celebrate.  It ended up being quite the party, we had Nate (he had worked but got of work early to come with us!  Fun dad!), Noah (stayed home from school because he was sick- he looked awful!), Erika and Kate (fresh from early out Kindergarten), and Jack Jack.  Luke felt very loved.  We ate all the dessert pizza we could handle (why do they even make any other kinds there when they have Oreo?), and hurried home for the other kids.  I had to spend a lot of the afternoon making small pancakes for New Beginnings. Nate, Charity, Kelly, Bradley, Molly and I were all gone for the evening, left Luke home, babysitting, on his birthday!  Kinda nuts.He did a great job of babysitting, got paid :), and then got to open a few more presents.  






Buddy is wishing it was his birthday.




gotta blow out candles ON your actual day


We all sang to him and told him the things we think are special about him.  I love this part!  And then it was over.  He was such a grateful, happy, little birthday boy :).  So deserving of a happy day!  2-3-16

No comments: