WHO AM I AND WHO CAN I BECOME
I LOVED this lesson this week! I got to teach the Beehives- feels like it's been a while. And this was the lesson I chose. It was perfect. I can't say I delivered it perfectly, but I think a lot of the girls needed to hear some of the things in the quotes I found. It was awesome. It's been a while since I felt like I was speaking with the Spirit. I felt like things went really smoothly. That rarely happens. I could have done without Molly crying and fussing through the whole thing, but eh, beggars can't be choosers. Thanks to Michelle it went okay. 1-31-16
SEPs
I LOVED SEPs this time!! I mean, I usually do, but this time I just felt even better than usual. The bummer was that Nate wasn't there to enjoy it all with me. We went to Mrs. Lindsay first. She showed me Noah's self evaluation and then assured me that she didn't agree with most of the things he put. He was brutally honest- possibly too hard on himself- and she felt like he deserved better scores :). She kept talking about how well-behaved he is and how she never hears a peep out of him. She loves how friendly he is and that he gets along well with all the kids in his class. She showed me all his scores in reading and math and really he's just well above where he needs to be. So cool. She just really seems to enjoy having Noah in her class and said that a few times. I loved it :). I'm really proud of Noah, he does a great job.
After Noah's we went to Mrs.Moncur for Bradley's. She was very sweet about Bradley and showed me how well he is doing academically. He's right up there where he needs to be! That was awesome. Then she proceeded to tell me about a problem they are having in their class with some of the boys and how Bradley is one of the brave ones who doesn't give in to the crowd. He stands up for what is right and since he is one of the more popular kids in the class, he is setting a good example for those who look up to him. She was so grateful for him and his willingness to be strong and brave and then asked him to please keep it up and to keep showing the courage that he has. I was so proud of him. I hope he can keep that up. He's such a good boy here at home and such a good big brother, I know it's a big responsibility for him, but I know he is up for the challenge. Mrs. Moncur is really grateful for him and is glad he's in her class.
Then we went to Mrs. Piper's for Erika. She showed us all the improvements Erika has been making and how well she is doing. She is already such a great reader! Totally caught up! She also told us what a good friend Erika is and how much she takes care of her classmates at recess. She told me how good Erika is in class and that she is a good example as well. What a cool girl! I'm so proud of her!! It's crazy to look at her handwriting for the beginning of the year and compare it to only a few months later and see such a difference. Same with her sentences and structure! Pretty cool! She really is a good girl, so proud of her!
And lastly, Mr. Flynn's for Luke. Mr. Flynn started by talking about "the elephant in the room", meaning the fact that even though Luke is not technically at the top on TTM, he has the hardest questions out of anyone else in his class and is doing the best in Mr. Flynn's book. That was cool for Luke to hear. I'm glad he is getting the credit he deserves for things like that. He works very hard. Mr. Flynn also threw out there that Luke is one of his "All-time favorite students". Pretty cool. It sounds like Luke is awesome in there. He even sits in the "quiet boy seats". That cracks me up. He is reading well above where he needs to be, all of his test scores too for that matter were way up there! Pretty cool. Mr. Flynn was not worried about anything with Luke. Very cool. Luke makes me proud as well. Such a fun SEP that was.
As we were leaving we ran into Mrs. Beckstead and she proceeded to tell us how awesome our family is and that she loves all of them :). Makes me happy. I love that woman. All in all- what a great afternoon!! Like I said, too bad Nate wasn't there to enjoy it all! 2-1-16
ETERNAL SALVATION
Nobody had called to schedule Noah's interview with the Bishop for his baptism, and it hit me on Tuesday (yes, four days before his baptism!). So I texted the Bishop to find out if I had dropped the ball or what... he felt bad it had slipped through the cracks, told me he was sorry, I said, no biggie and he said, "Yeah, it's no biggie, just his eternal salvation!" Hilarious. He's a tease. Anyway we scheduled an interview that night and Noah was able to sit and visit with the Bishop. For quite a while I might add! I keep wondering what he asked him and what they talked about. We got to be there for everyone else's interviews. He told us a little, but that was all. I loved how on the way home when we asked him why he had told the Bishop he was only "kind of" ready to get baptized, he told me that one of the things that make you ready is having a suit. That still didn't make sense to me until I discovered he was talking about the white clothes! He hadn't gotten his white clothes yet, so he was only "kind of " ready :). Cutie. I just love that kid. 2-2-16
NEW BEGINNINGS SLUMBER PARTY
Kelly and I had the privilege of being on the New Beginnings planning committee. We had a lot of fun ideas to go with a slumber party theme. Kelly was in charge of making the invitations, so we did that together. That was fun. WE made these really cute pastel/plaid invitations and then had them printed at Costco. Unfortunately, they printed way darker. Kind of a bummer. But anyway. Kelly naded out all the invites herself! I was in charge of making the gifts for the new Beehives. That was fun. I found some cute "Fold over elastic" and made them hair things that go with the value colors along with a bookmark and cookie :). And their torch necklaces. They all turned out cute. So the day of I spent the afternoon making mini pancakes to go on the kabobs with Nutella. It wouldn't have taken me so long except I accidentally left out the butter and sugar in the first (triple) batch and ended up doing a second (triple) batch just because it was driving me nuts and didn't want to have my name attached to the crappy ones. I know that makes me crazy, but I'm okay with that. The meeting was great! I was so impressed with all that Mahala did for the night and Kelly did an awesome job on her part, introducing the new girls to Personal Progress. It was fun to get to know everyone with the question game they did, and I loved being able to welcome the new girls. Overall, I think the evening was a success!! I loved it! 2-3-16
PROVO CITY CENTER TEMPLE OPEN HOUSE
I was so proud of myself for figuring out how to get the tickets to the Open House and that we were able to fit it into our early out week (since unfortunately, all the non-school hour ones were full). We did have to check Charity and Kelly out early and unfortunately I was a grump right before because things were not going according to plan and we were leaving about 20 minutes late, I'm still mad that I let Satan get to me! He always does that when we're trying to do something with the temple. I failed. Luckily everyone forgave me and were able to not let it get them down. I owe Nate big time for that one. The temple was beautiful!! I have one memory of that building before it was a temple and that was a fireside I went to there with a speaker who was had an accent. That's all I remember. I loved how ornate the building was and how they kept up the original character. It was really beautiful. I love that I get to take my whole family in there and get them all excited for the day when they can get recommends and go. Such a blessing. We had to hurry home for basketball practice and YW basketball AND it was time to go get NOah's baptism suit! Busy day. 2-4-16
CLEANING
Friday was our big cleaning day for the baptism since Saturday was going to be pretty busy. I was so proud of everyone, we got the house SO nice!! I really was feeling awesome by the time it was all done. Makes me happy to have a clean house. 2-5-16
SO CLOSE!
Bradley and Luke's basketball game was probably one of the most exciting/intense games I have ever seen!! We were playing against some of the boys who were on their team last year, they also happen to be in his grade at school. They had done a lot of trash talking all week, so the anticipation had built up! They played SO WELL!! SO HARD!! Both teams were pretty amazing. The defense was INCREDIBLE!! Really, I don't think they could have done any better! It was a very low scoring game for the first half. We were ahead the ENTIRE TIME. Even got up to 12 to 7 at the half. Unfortunately the other team managed to catch up to just a point behind just before the last minute and then dropped a three pointer and another shot during the last minute!!! SO CRAZY!! UGH! I could have screamed it was so intense! I was SO BUMMED for Bradley and Luke. They played so hard!! I really wanted that win for them!! I know it's not about sinning, but this one would have been really awesome. Kind of a bummer. But anyway. They have nothing to be ashamed of. They played so hard!! 2-6-16
WASHER AND DRYER
We used our tax return to finally purchase new washer and dryer!! Hallelujah!!! They delivered them toward the end of Noah's baptism thingy. It was a little awkward to have them bringing them in while people were still here, but I was too happy to care :). Our old ones were so old and not working, it's been a long awaited purchase really. 2-6-16
DATE NIGHT
Nate and I snuck out Saturday night. We went out to Red Lobster (had a gift card burning a hole in our pockets). It was such a great night out. Even Molly had a good time :). 2-6-16
No comments:
Post a Comment