SLEEPING BEAUTY
Molly had a record breaking sleep Saturday night. I put her in her car seat at IHOP with the girls at about 8:30 pm. We drove home, set her in the family room, got kids in bed, and then I sat on the couch to wait for her to wake up. I fell asleep, woke up when Nate got home and was going to bed around 12:45 and she was STILL ASLEEP! We carried her car seat up to our room even though I figured she'd probably wake right up and want to eat, but she didn't! She slept until about 7:00 Sunday morning!!! How crazy is that! Almost 11 hours of sleep! I don't know that I've ever had a baby this age do that before! She's breaking all kinds of records an 8th child shouldn't break :). I'm guessing she's an overachiever :). With our track record, I'd say that was a pretty safe bet :) HA! 2-28-16
HOLY MOLY
So a couple thoughts on distractions today. First of all, I was reminded again of how much Satan likes to use distractions to keep us from light. I think that's been the purpose of all the weird things I've been feeling lately. He tries to distract me from feelings of love from people with little things like how they made me feel for a second, or embarrassment that can occur. Heck I think he helps me to feel embarrassed when I don't need to, in order to distract me. He's been distracting me from spiritual things by making these other distractions a focus. Does that make sense? I felt like it did til I typed it up. Anyway- I need to stop letting him distract me. In all aspects of my life. Being a wife, mother, friend, Young Women leader, sister, daughter, etc. I think this will require some thought and a plan. I will get to that later.
I am grateful for the promptings I felt just now as I was sitting down to write about the frustrations I had teaching Beehives today. Otherwise, this would have been for no reason :).
So yeah, we had the Mia Maids join with us today because they just have Savannah on the weeks that Emily doesn't come. These are some of the distractions I let get to me today while trying to teach the lesson that I prepared last week, but wasn't able to give, and then didn't review enough beforehand:
Savannah came in late
Then Sharalyn
Then Lisa and Bea... and Corbin
Cookies from Amy (which was very sweet of her, it's just on the list of things)
Molly and all her grunting cuteness and needing to be bounced, then held by Michelle
Bea playing the piano
Corbin wanting more cookies
Lyvia not being able to have cookies
Sharalyn's 20 minute comment (jk, it wasn't that long, it was just totally in the wrong direction and got me all distracted)
Bea falling off the piano bench
Charity needing to go to the bathroom
Lyvia needing to go to the bathroom and then somewhere else
My lesson not making any sense because I lost track of what I was doing... and a page of it.
The scriptures were way longer than I'd planned with less time than I'd planned
Lisa telling me that it is time to go- which it was actually five minutes past time to go, but I was irritated that she was telling me that. Again, me.
All the kids coming to the door
Hard to believe there was actually a lesson going on with all of this. You would think having eight kids I'd be more equipped to handle this sort of situation, and hopefully I was able to hide my frustration a little, but MAN!! I am not!! I guess that could be part of the reason Heavenly Father gave me such good kids. They really haven't prepared me for this at all and it's because they're awesome. Took me back to my Primary teaching days where you only cover material about a tenth of the class time. Kelly was really sweet and told me it was a great lesson, so that was nice. I hope they all got SOMETHING out of it. 2-28-16
FHE
Noah gave an awesome lesson where some of us shared our favorite scripture and then we all drew what we "visualized" when we heard that scripture. It was really well thought out and well-planned. I loved hearing his testimony and his thoughts on visualizing scriptures. Very cool. For Erika's activity she was so excited to have the whole family play her cupcake game :). I loved it! And not just because I won the first round either :). Jack passed out Girl Scout cookies for the treat. 2-29-16
PROJECTS
Have I mentioned how much I hate doing projects at the last minute? Well, I do. The problem is- they don't make it to the top of the to-do list until it is the last minute! It's so frustrating! There just isn't enough time to do things ahead of time around here. We had two projects Monday night- Luke's animal report and Bradley's Immigrant Project- they were both due the next day. It was neat to watch them work so hard and push themselves even though it was late and they were tired. Luke especially. I don't get to see him put that much effort into school things very often. Bradley worked hard as well. It is cool to see how much we can get done when we sit down and work! I was also able to cut their hair too since the next day was also picture day! Gone are the mops! What a crazy night though! Glad it's over... NEXT! 2-29-16
SIX MONTHS
I cannot believe this baby girl is six months old already!!! That went by WAY too fast. I need her to stay little longer. It's totally bumming me out. I don't think my emotions are ready to be done. Everything else says it's time to be done, but emotionally... I'm just not there. Kinda stinks. Molly is so grown up already! She reaches for EVERYTHING! She hasn't quite gotten to the point where she enjoys solids yet... we're working on that. She is just such a happy, pleasant, calm baby! She can just sit there and entertain herself for quite a while! Works out great especially in the mornings to just set her in the Bumbo on the counter while I make breakfasts, lunches, and get kids ready. She really is just so content most of the time! She even lays in her bed or car seat for a while after waking up just enjoying herself... no crying. She's just perfect :). It's fun to have such a good, easy baby! She loves to smile at people. She'll stare at you til you do too. She loves to be held... by anyone, but especially Mommy. She loves toys, sitting up (still a little wobbly), sleeping! being happy, and mommy juice.
The next day she had her big check up and everything looks great still, of course! She is tall, average weight and has a tiny head :). We need to be better at trying solids. oops.
3-1-16
BLISS
Bliss and I finally got to hang out. It's been a much talked about hang out :). We all went up to their house and had a picnic lunch and visited. I enjoy her company so much. Some very interesting conversation about energy, auras, muscle training, light... it was very cool. I'm totally intrigued. I probably overstayed our welcome, but it was a very nice afternoon. 3-1-16
MINIMUM WAGE
Charity turned in her very first job application! WAHOO!! I'm pretty proud of her! She applied at the Rec Center to be a ref for softball. I think it's so cool that she's so anxious to get a job. Good girl. 3-1-16
NOAH'S SPECIAL DINNER
What a fun evening with Noah, Nate, Molly and I. We went to the Mongolian BBQ place. Noah seemed to like it and we all had such a great time talking. Menchie's after for froyo. 3-1-16
PACKED
Wednesday was a full day. I'm not sure why I do that to us, but I planned too much. We had play group, play date with Morgan for Erika and picnic at the park with Kenni then Molly's doctor appointment- well child check right after that. This all happened within a 5 hour period! Play group was great, but I felt really overwhelmed afterwards for some reason. Could have been the big day we had ahead, but I think social things are just too much right now. The big social gatherings take so much out of me anyway, but right now while I've been struggling, I almost feel like it would be better to not go, but I am trying to fight that. I refuse to be a complete hermit. I am trying to do more one on one things with friends to keep myself up. I don't want to let this take over! After play group we rushed home to welcome Morgan. Erika, Kate and Morgan had been planning some fun things and I ruined their plans with the park/picnic idea. I think they still managed to have some fun. Kenni and I got some sticky fingers and even dragged the guys along with Andee and the kids. We all had a good time talking. I wish the wind could have been absent, but other than that it was really nice. I can't believe how tiny Maci is!! She's so cute. I am so addicted to infants. It's been getting really weird for me. I wish I could just look at a cute baby and not want one for myself. Especially when I just had one. Someday maybe. I ditched Nate with all the kids after that and went to Molly's check up. After the doctor we rushed through homework, jobs and reading and then packed in dinner- Erika's meatballs, scouts for Bradley, scouts for Luke, Young womens for the girls and I and a meeting for me after that! Wednesdays. 3-2-16
BEST IN THE STATE
Our school is the best in the state on TTM and most of the time, Luke's been at the top of the school!! Pretty awesome! Mr. Flynn sent out an email and named names :). Luke got lots of praise and recognition for being the best in the class and then 2 other kids got $50 gift cards from TTM for having the most pass offs. If I were Luke I would have been ticked off. He seemed totally fine with it all. The reason Luke has higher score, but fewer pass offs is because he started out at a higher math level and is now into 6th grade math so each problem takes a lot more time than the ones these other two kids are doing. Seems a little weird how they chose to reward that, but whatever. Mr. Flynn really pours on the compliments because he things it's weird too. So all is well :). 3-3-16
LACROSSE
It's been a lot of fun to watch Kelly get all geared up for Lacrosse! She practices out in the front and up at the Burton chapel wall. I think she's already getting pretty good! Team practices start next week! Getting excited! 3-4-16
FRIDAY!
We did the kids' bathroom today! Deep clean Friday was another success. It only took a couple of hours and that's with Jack and Liam and Molly requiring us to stop randomly here and there. I'm proud of us! We've made a lot of progress and the upstairs feels a lot nicer. It's been a while since we lived anywhere for this long and usually have a move to dejunk and reorganize things, so this was much needed. Hopefully we can keep it up through the whole house! Next week is going to be the little boys'/little girls'/laundry room/hallway/banisters week :). 3-4-16
WE WON!!!
Bradley and Luke won their first game! FINALLY!! It's so sad that they've missed out on that fun victorious feeling this whole season when they've been so good! But they really did awesome this week, 21 to 6! I'm so proud of them! They both work so hard every game and have really shown a lot of progress as well! I'm bummed we only have one game left! 3-5-16
CHOIR REHEARSAL
Charity was so shocked that Mrs. Woodfield would schedule a practice on Saturday and even more so when she realized she was going to have to miss the boys' game! But of course, she found a way to sneak out and come watch for a few minutes. Funny girl. She sure loves her some basketball! Cute girl. 3-5-16
FRIENDS
I loved being outside a bunch on Saturday. I think it was 65 degrees out during part of the day. While I was out throwing the ball to Kelly Kenni walked by and stopped and visited for quite a while! It was so fun. I finally gave her the gift we got her so long ago and then I finally got to hold baby Maci Cole :). I can't get over how her name is just like a combo of Marci and Lacie Cole :). I know that makes me a dork, but I don't really care :). Emily came over a little later too, since we were hosting a play date with Jack and Will (I use all of those terms VERY LIGHTLY) we actually lost Will right before Emily came, so that was awesome. Luckily he was just at home. But then we got to sit and talk with Emily for a while and that was nice too :). Then later when I was watching all the kids play basketball (because I got sick of them coming in to tattle) I got to sit and talk with Emily again. I just love where we live, I love the friends that I have. It's just so nice to feel so comfortable. 3-5-16
FROSTY'S
I told the boys after their game they could have frosty's but we'd taken so much time to get the pizzas and I had fiddled around with Nate's windshield wipers (fixed them, btw! So proud of myself :) ) that I had to postpone the trip to Wendy's. Later on in the evening, I told the kids that whoever tries the asparagus gets a frosty too, so that I could take everyone :). Luke was the only one who didn't try them, so he just got a small for his big win. We really needed the house cleaned up for Sunday and the girls were off babysitting for the Caldwells and some friends, so it was just the boys and Erika working hard with me. I had told them we could go get the frosty's when we were done, but that we couldn't go after 8:30. They'd been playing outside ALL DAY which was AWESOME I might add, so not a lot of time. ANyway! The point I am making is that things got a little heated and there was some fighting and whining going on, and for what felt like the first time, Luke asked me if we could please have a prayer to help us get the Spirit back in our home :). So sweet! Made me so happy I couldn't help but call everyone down right then and fix the mood. I loved it. We did eventually get things done and everyone got frosty's :). They were a little runny, but they were frosty's. 3-5-16
No comments:
Post a Comment