"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, January 16, 2017

MLKJ Day

MLKJ DAY
I am really happy with his this day off went!  Most of the morning we spent just hanging out at home.  Charity took Noah out for scones for his birthday, Bradley and Luke played with Bridger a little bit.  Erika played with Kate and Jack played with Will.  Molly, Kelly and I just kind of bummed around :).  And then Emily texted, inviting us to go to the Church History Museum.  Which was SUCH a funny coincidence because that had been the only place I'd thought of while racking my brain for a fun, cheap entertainment for the break.  We were thrilled :).  Scrambled to get in the car and made our way to Walmart to get groceries and then downtown.  We had a great time wandering around the museum.  I think the kids were in heaven with all the hands-on exhibits!  I really loved the kids area- I got to take pictures of everyone and made the discovery of a lifetime- Auto with a no flash setting!  Holy Moly!!  Pretty awesome.  It was a great time with the Maughans and a great way to spend our day off.  When we got home Luke took Noah out for donuts and ice cream.  Then Nate took us all out to dinner at Applebee's (took us about a 1/2 hour to stumble on the decision to go to Applebee's!).  It was quite entertaining sitting by Luke and Molly.  Charity and Kelly and Erika too- it was a pretty enjoyable dinner.  I love my family.  No matter how many weird looks we get from fellow restaurant-ers.  Everyone did really good.  Came home for FHE- a very nice lesson from Noah about Apostasy and milk shakes courtesy of Nate Jack.  I made the kids watch that video about Millenials and cell phone and social media addiction- hopefully something sunk in.  Who knows.  ANd then it was time to watch the Jazz game!  Sleepovers for everyone who's not into Jazz.  Fun weekend!  1-16-17

















This was when I quit trying to do manual and used auto with the flash and then accidentally stumbled upon the no flash setting while in full auto!!  This was revolutionary!  Especially for these times where every angle of the room is a different setting and there's too many people to be flashing flashes all over the place.  I LOVE how good this camera is in low-light.  It makes shooting indoors much more enjoyable.  



Pillow fight in Noah's ark.







Jack and Will were hilarious!  I am still cracking up about Will telling the nice old lady, "no" when she wanted them to share the camels :).  HA!!  So awesome.


Blurry, but with this lighting....

I just love this little boy!

No comments: