"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, January 31, 2017

Things to Remember Week of 1-22-17

MIRACLE
So we had a pretty thrilling Sunday morning.  I dropped everyone off at church, after realizing I'd forgotten the choice and consequence stick for Primary, so I could run home and get it.  (sidenote: I wonder if the thought to just turn around and go get it was the Spirit?)  Drove out of the church parking lot and headed back home.  There was a loud-ish noise as I drove out, and then a squeaking noise as I was driving down the frontage road, but suddenly there was this definite "POP" sound and then a big "WHOOSH!".  I was pretty sure the tire had popped.  Luckily I was in the perfect spot to pull over.  Got out, looked at it, yep, completely flat.  I wasn't too worried, just call Nate and he can come get me and we can worry about the flat later, but then I realized my phone was in the church bag that Erika took inside with her!  For a second I was really bummed that I didn't have my phone and would have to figure out some way to get home and then to a phone to call Nate to get me.  I said a little, "Crap, I wanted to go to Church, Heavenly Father" prayer, and then RIGHT THEN! I saw the Jacox's mini van come around the corner!  My immediate reaction was embarrassment that I was stuck, but thankfully the Spirit gave me the idea to flag them down.  They were so nice to let me ride with them and just such great people.  I was SO RELIEVED!!  What a cool little miracle.  I felt so blessed.  Then I started thinking about how if I had had my phone there (as I ALWAYS DO!!!  I mean, I never drive ANYWHERE without my phone for this very reason), I would have called Nate and the problem would have been mostly solved, right?  Well, I would have totally missed out on this awesome little miracle and giving all the credit to Heavenly Father!  Then it got me thinking about what other miracles or tender mercies I am missing out on because I have put so much of my trust in and reliance on modern conveniences.  I'm not saying I should be Amish (although, I can see where they're coming from a little better now), just thinking that I should rely more heavily on my Father in Heaven and on the fact that HE is ALWAYS there!  Even when I forget my phone or it is dead or whatever else can go wrong with "modern conveniences".  I think Heavenly Father found a good way to get my attention today and boy was I thankful for that!  1-22-17

LITTLE THINGS
I worked so hard on Monday!  Felt like I didn't stop going.  I did all the little things that I have been putting off for a while.  Smoke detectors/batteries, put all my electrical outlet plates back on in my bedroom- looks so nice!, about 4 loads of laundry folded and put away!, three loads of dishes, cleaned my bathroom, changed the light bulb in the laundry room, prepared a lot of the meals for the week (cutting up meat and veggies), bagged up stuff for a few days' worth of lunches, made a treat for the men who helped with the car on Sunday and then bagged up some of those for lunches, got all caught up on my day journal books, picked up the groceries... I think that's all.  It was awesome :).  Felt great, but at the same time- I wish I'd been able to do more obvious stuff.  Always slightly anti-climactic to work so hard and not have a whole lot to show for it.  1-23-17

FHE
Erika taught a lesson on preparing for baptism.  I LOVED her notes I saw on the floor after- a cute question to all her older siblings about what they did to prepare and what they do to listen to the Holy Ghost.  So cute.  She did a great job!  We played Reverse Charades and had Drumstiks for the treat.  1-23-17

30 DAY CHALLENGE
Started my 30 day challenge today.  I hope I can stick with it!  1-24-17

INSANITY
I finally got myself over to Kenni's to do Insanity with her and Emily. It wasn't as hard as I'd pictured- I'm sure there are harder videos- but it was pretty hard!!  I was so embarrassed about how little I could do, but they were so sweet to me.  Made me feel like I could go again.  I think I will.  I loved being with my friends.  Felt so good after too- I'm totally sore!  1-25-17

ORTHO CONSULT
So I took Charity to yet another orthodontist consultation.  We changed Dental insurance at the end of the year so that we could have better braces coverage and the place we liked before is no longer covered, so we had to find a new one.  So this was our third consult.  Charity has been so anxious to get this going.  I really liked the place, and even more I liked the price!!  Our new insurance is a million times better!!  And this place is awesome how they run the payments and stuff.  I am so relieved!!  I am going to get Kelly and Bradly over there soon too, now that it's so affordable!  I am so grateful for recommendations from good friends- Martha McKay gave us this guy's name.  So awesome! She's going to get her braces on the 15th of February.  1-25-17

PINEWOOD DERBY CARS
I am doing a separate post about the cars because it's been so fun to watch Nate get into the cars this time :).  They've been so creative and wanting to make such fun cars and  Nate has totally helped them pull them off!  It's cute to see them all get into it.  I'm getting really excited for the derby tomorrow.  I hope nobody cries :).  1-25-17

LUNCH WITH SHERA AND JAMI
So Shera and I finally planned a lunch together.... only took us a month :).  We all went to Costa Vida.  I had a fun time talking with Shera for over 2 hours.  She is so real.  I really appreciate that about her.  It was a nice afternoon.  Thanks mom for tending.  1-26-17

OUCH
My awesome knife sharpening skills backfired.  I was chopping potatoes and chopped my thumb!  It is still hurting and throbbing 14 hours later!  Not fun.  1-26-17

AS YOU WISH
Our first "12 Dates of Christmas" date was a big hit!!  We went to As You Wish in Station Park and painted ceramics.  I love that Nate chose a cookie jar :).  I picked out a scentsy burner.  It was SO much fun to paint those together!  We were quiet and focused, but just being together in a different setting was so refreshing!  I loved it!  And we have these cute little pieces of art to show for it and remember that evening.  So cool.  1-27-17

BASKETBALL
Noah had a pretty fun game on Saturday.  No win yet, but still- lots of fun to watch and cheer for him.  He took a few brave shots, we were so proud of him!!  Bradley and Luke's game was INTENSE!!!  It was a redo of last week's only backwards- we were the team that was 10 points behind most of the game and then pulled ahead til the end.  We were three points away from tying at the end.  Such a bummer that Pearson didn't make the buzzer beater 3 pointer at the end.  Bradley did really well, scored lots of points.  Luke did AWESOME!!  He played so hard!  I loved watching him make one of the shots he took!  (it's undecided how many he actually made- he says one, but Bradley and I remember him making more, but we'll go with his humble story)  He played so well!!  It was a pretty exciting game even though we lost.  I just LOVE watching my boys play basketball!!  No Jazz game could ever compare.  It's going to be a bummer next year to have only one kid on each team, but I was thinking how great it will be to have so many to go to :).  Such a fun season.  1-28-17



No comments: