We were all sitting around one day and I was thinking how I hadn't taken many pictures lately and wishing I had more time to use my new camera and then it occurred to me- I didn't need to wait around for something to take pictures of- all of the most important people in my life are RIGHT HERE! Ready to pose at any given moment :). So I got it out and took about a million pictures. Most of them I was testing out different settings and stuff, so I was trying to get more familiar with my camera, but I did pick these based on my cute kiddos and their adorable faces. I am LOVING my new camera and how well it works in my house. This house needs better lighting, I'm just going to say it. It's definitely not a photo studio, so it's not the easiest thing to get great shots- so this has been a lot of fun. Anyway- enough of my ramblings.
This picture of Kelly is one of my new favorites. Look at her sibs in the background watching her :). Kind of symbolic really.
I still don't know what I did wrong with this one, I think my dad's my flash didn't fire.
Rare photo of buddy since he's kind of a stinker to me. The other day he came right in when I said, "Come get a treat, Buddy!" which TOTALLY surprised me, and then out of complete naivety I didn't shut the door right behind him, but led him into the kitchen to get his treat and then of course he high-tailed it to the door and beat me, running back outside before I could stop him!! Naughty dog.
Her Jack Nicholson impersonation.
I can't believe how much this girl has grown up the last year.
how would it be to always have a cool sibling just following you around and making you the center of their world!
This is when Kelly twisted her ankle at Noah's basketball game. So sad!
Doing homework--- and listening to music... this girls can multi-task!
I don't know why but this picture just makes me happy :). I think it will remind me of Erika and her stinky shoes when I see it :). But look how awesomely the background is blurred. Love that.
Not sure if I should keep this one, but I love her eyes!
The face.
My buddy Jack.
Snuck out in the garage to get a picture of Nate working on the Pinewood Derby cars (just cutting the bolts he used as weights) and it was too cold so this is as far as I got :). Such a fun dad to get all into this with the boys. Made me happy. I love Pinewood Derby!
Mr. Casanova :). In the course of the past week I have had 3 moms tell me that their daughter either has a little crush on him or really loves being in his class. Pretty cute. I am glad he's a good friend and nice to his classmates.
Okay, so this picture triggered some thoughts I've had recently about cell phones and our kids having them. With all the recent talk with friends and a couple blog posts, I had to re-evaluate our cell phones and the limits we put on them. My immediate thought is "we're doing great! our kids are good with phones!", but I wanted to re-think it in case I was being naive. So this is what I decided. We got the phones out of convenience, for ME. Charity was involved in EVERYTHING at school that first year of Jr. High and was needing to be picked up at different times every day. Not to mention all the times I would sit out in front of the school waiting for her, not remembering that she was staying after. So really, it was for me. Since then, I've learned a few things about my girls and their phones. They send me texts during the day, telling me how things are going, they'll ask me how I'm doing and talk about their lives and thoughts on their phones. I've received cute screenshots of favorite scriptures, and questions about how to deal with different situations. I've heard them listen to conference talks, watching Youth videos, and YouTube blurbs while planning Young Women lessons. I've seen the little glow of Kelly reading her scriptures in the wee hours of the morning after she's scrambled to get ready and have the time, with her wet hair dripping on my couch :). I've seen Charity's dance moves as she's cleaning the bathroom listening to favorite music. I've concluded that while there is a lot of evil on the internet and phones, there's an equal amount of good! Do we take away the good because of the possibility of the bad? We've decided that with our two girls- no, we don't. I know they've had to learn from their own mistakes about time management, what's appropriate to post, and what not to search, I feel like they are getting a healthy dose of reality and are growing from their experience. We do have some pretty strict rules about when they can be used and have a couple days a week where use is VERY limited. And I would LOVE to help them understand that there's more to post on Instagram than selfies :), but I LOVE that they love themselves. I love that they love to be good. So anyway :). That's all I have to say about that.




No comments:
Post a Comment