"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Uncle Steve's Birthday- I forget how old he is, but he's getting up there!

STEVE'S BIRTHDAY
We got a last minute invite to Steve's birthday Friday night.  We were all excited to spend the evening with Steve and Grandpa Hatch, a couple kids even passed on hanging out with friends to go.  We stopped at Toys R Us for his gift and a certain someone's potty break.  This is when I REALLY started to feel sick.  I kept thinking about Molly throwing up the day before at the tire place and I think it just played with my mind.  By the time we got to Grandpa's house I was done.  I tried to keep it cool and just pretend like I was fine- even sang Gangsta's Paradise for everyone :)- but it wasn't long before I lost my cookies!!  Luckily Steve was carrying on and having a good time and everyone else was happy just eating pizza and treats.  He blew out his candles, they cut the ice cream cake we brought.  I decided not to tell everyone I had thrown up- the music had been loud enough, nobody knew.  But of course, a few minutes after I lost it, so did Jack!  All over grandpa's couch!!  So gross.  I was so bummed.  For Jack and the party of course.  We decided it was time to clean up and take what germs we hadn't shared with us.  We let Steve open his present real quickly and then we were outta there.  Felt weird.  But then, I was really sick.  When we got home I went straight to bed with the hopes that I could sleep it off, but of course, that didn't happen.  It was cold, I had to vomit a few more times, and other stuff.  There was this constant concern about whether I was going to be able to go with Emily on our "date" or not, kinda stressed me out because I had been looking so forward to that!  So anyway.  Happy Birthday to Stevie-poo!  I hope he was able to enjoy his birthday even though we got germs everywhere.  2-10-17


Luke catching popcorn in his mouth.  They were throwing them PRETTY high to get them to land just so... pretty fun... if you're not nauseous.



I hope they enjoyed my Gangsta's Paradise- and don't post pics or videos anywhere... the things I do for these people, even when I'm sick!




My dad still laughing at me and the fact that I know all the words to Gangsta's Paradise.  Why do I know all those words???


So pretty!



Steve is famous for his singing of the birthday song... even to himself!  He's started before the cake is out!



taking things seriously as always.


I just love that the candles are shining on him in this one!  And you would never know the lights were completely out in these shots!  I love my camera.



Apparently I only got the inhale, not the exhale.  Bummer.  Happy Birthday Stevie-poo!!

No comments: