So Sunday didn't go too well. Well, I shouldn't say Sunday- it was really just Sharing time and Sharing time. The first hour was just me- I didn't plan enough material. THEN during the second hour all heck broke loose with Jack. He suddenly didn't want to go to class and wasn't going to have anything to do with it. I noticed that he felt kind of warm and our Primary room is especially hot, so I thought going outside might help him a little, cool down, change his mind- it was simple in my head. Of course it didn't go that way AT ALL!!! It was awful. His meltdown, my meltdown. I could NOT persuade him to go to his class. I couldn't persuade him to come into sharing time. I couldn't even persuade him to sit in the chair that was sitting in the doorway to let cooler air in!!! He was not budging. Any time I picked him up to take him somewhere he would let out his growl and then the ear piercing scream. It was so embarrassing. I was in tears inside. I was trying to hold them back because I knew I had to teach sharing time in a few minutes! It was so stressful!! Looking back, I wish I'd just handled things differently and not let it bother me so much, but in the moment- this was the worst!! Totally took me back to similar situations with some of my other kids. Kinda crazy. I don't miss those days. 3-26-17
NO SCHOOL
We didn't have school on Monday. It was so nice :). Our school got stood up by the news station- kind of annoying to go to school on a day off to do TTM only to find out that they don't care anymore. lame. I think everyone enjoyed just doing nothing :). I did take some time to go to Shelly's and work on our little Arrow of Light awards- they turned out AWESOME! Thanks to Jeff! I regret the rest of our conversation about callings and such. That left me in the biggest funk ever. Especially after talking to Barbara that night. Not cool. I hope I can wrap my head around all of that some day. Until then, I just have to doubt my doubts. Some of the kids ended up doing things with friends. Kelly babysat. I wasn't able to get my groceries until the next day though, so we didn't have a lot of food, so we ended up going out to eat. The kids all settled on Subway and then once they saw what Mo' Bettas was like, they all wanted to eat there. So we did :). It was delicious. Another salad that almost completely replaces the high caloric, not good for me food that I used to eat. I'm learning. When we got home, we had an awesome family night by Noah- he taught us about Joseph Smith and some of the trials he faced while restoring the Church. He's been learning so much about this in his Primary class- it's been fun to hear about it all from him. We quickly played a few rounds of 4 corners. It was a fun night. I think we all needed the time off. 3-27-17
WART
Poor Noah. I told him he was just going for a well-check and before we left remembered we wanted his wart froze off. Not the surprise he was looking for. It was pretty painful. But the wart on his forearm is well on it's way out. Especially thanks to the help of his friend McKay who accidentally pulled off the blister that had formed. Not cool. But either way. I felt so bad! The little dum dum sucker just didn't cut it for this one. 3-28-17
JUGGLING
The girls have been volunteering at a little theater place in Layton to help with kids with Down's Syndrome. It's been one of the highlights of their schedule these days. We had to do some juggling this week with Pack Meeting and Gigi's playhouse at almost the same time, but we made it work. I'm so proud of them for doing these things. 3-28-17
LUKE AND NOAH PACK MEETING
This was our first real pack meeting since the Super Pack split. With awards and advancements and everything. I was really glad it went as well as it did. Shelly did a great job! It was so fun to have Luke and Noah receiving so many awards. Luke's been out for a while now, but came back to get his Arrow of Light and Webelos award along with his religious square knot and a bunch of pins. Noah finally got his wolf advancement and some of the belt loops he has earned. It was really cool. I love how cool they feel about themselves when they succeed. They have worked so hard. I love my pins too :). 3-28-17
SOCIALLY
I've been really hard to please socially, lately. I'm not sure what it is. I do not feel like any of the social interactions (with the exception of a few) have been all that fulfilling. I'm hoping to get out of this slump soon. We'll see. 3-29-17
WARD WALKABOUT
We finally got a ward walkabout!! The kids were SO EXCITED!! It was very much anticipated by all of us! I loved how they did it, and put the youth in charge. I think Kelly was the only youth complaining that the leaders had done it all :). But it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed visiting with everyone. The kids LOVED it. They went back to the Hill's house to "show each other the donuts" a few times. Funny kids. I missed Nate, but it really was a fun evening! 3-29-17
LUNCH WITH KENNI AND CO.
Kenni invited a bunch of us to lunch this week as kind of a farewell lunch. I'm so sad she's moving! I think she'll have an awesome time and love California, but I kinda hope she just wants to come back when it's over :). She's been a fun friend. Noodles and Co. is different than I remember it- the food was really good! Good times. 3-30-17
GRANDPA RUSS
We had planned on redoing our banisters this week, but with all the time Nate spent driving his parents to and from the hospital and appointments it didn't really happen. I am so glad he's been able to spend that time with them though. He has enjoyed it too. We're hoping things are looking up a little for Grandpa Russ. It's been really hard to see him the way he's been this week, but thankfully at the end of the week they finally were able to drain his one lung. It's so hard to watch people you love get older and less able. We're praying for him!! 3-30-17
COGAT
Funniest thing happened on Thursday. I had just sat down after picking kids up from school and another errand when the thought hit me that the previous day was the 29th and we'd MISSED BRAD'S MATH TEST!!! He was scheduled to take the test to place him for next year, and I had somehow remembered that it was on the 29th. Not sure why I thought that, but as I shouted out the horror, I looked at my phone and much to my surprise, the test wasn't scheduled for the 29th- it was scheduled for the 30th!! It was actually in TEN MINUTES!!!! PANIC!!! Luckily Bradley was right there, we hopped in the car and darted down to Farmington and actually made it there, and up the stairs and to the check in table RIGHT ON TIME!!! Kinda nuts. This is actually how most of my life is run- at the last minute- flying by the seat of my pants and usually dragging a kid or two by theirs! But somehow it works. Heavenly Father helped me on this one- I believe. So he took his big test!! Apparently it was incredibly boring and easy and he finished all of them in the time allotted. I think he probably did pretty good- guess we'll find out sometime. While he was taking his test I met the mom of a kid he knew. She was super sweet and we just sat and talked the entire time! Her name is Krista! We had so much fun talking, but never exchanged numbers or anything- how am I ever going to get her the info for PTA volunteering? Oh well. Anyway- this was one of the few social events (funny that one on one convo is now considered a social event, but it is!) that really felt rewarding and left me feeling good. So that was a blessing to run into her and get to know her a little. I hope we run into each other again soon. 3-30-17
DEATH BED
So Friday felt a little like what I think my death bed will feel like. I was having all kinds of cold symptoms: sore throat, sneezing, coughing, headache from somewhere that I don't want to mention- my head seriously felt like it was going to explode! aches all over my body (on top of all the aches from my workout the day before), and serious congestion. It was AWFUL!! And on top of that- Nate had to leave! I was left with grumpy and his mad little sister with crummy weather. It was awful!! I don't even know how I survived!! Thankfully the sun came out towards the end of the day and actually Jack falling out of a tree and needing staples ended up being kind of a little break for me. I really thought I was going to die though- it was so hard. The next day wasn't a whole lot better, but at least it was conference, I was able to just sit around guilt-free and with a lot of help from my big kids- I seriously owe them big time. Took a couple days for it to end though. Kind of annoying. Still not sure if it was allergies or not- nobody else has gotten it that I know of. So possibly. But UGH!! So not my favorite. 3-31-17
STAPLES
Poor Jack Jack. Friday evening Erika and Luke came running in yelling to Nate that he needed to go get Jack because his head was bleeding a LOT! It sounded serious, but I know how head injuries are, so I grabbed a rag and calmly wet it and got ready for him to come in. I didn't really expect it to be a big deal. Unfortunately I was wrong. He had the biggest hole in his head!! I mean, it was a slit (or a crack as Jack calls it), but SO DEEP!! And actually pretty long too. I was a little surprised there wasn't MORE blood than there was. We got him all cleaned up and calmed him down a little before driving out to the urgent care. On the way there I was wondering how much a human stapler is- maybe we could eliminate the middle man here and just take matters into our own hands with the head injuries?? Is that weird of me? While we were there and spending a lot of time talking about what happened and whether there were concussion symptoms and such, I was really wanting my own stapler! I couldn't stop thinking about it. Especially as I watched the doctor very casually, not careful at all, jamming those staples into his head. He didn't move his hair or wait for him to hold still or anything- the kid was basically flailing around. It's a wonder he even got the staples in the right place? If he did. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but it didn't really appear that way is all. So anyway. Sweet little Jack did pretty good. Better than he could have done with a shot and stitches- why is that even an option? I think he would have done better if I'd been able to explain things to him. They kept trying to distract him from things and tried to make it sound like they weren't going to do anything which doesn't really work on Jack. I tried to let them know he does better with more information and the truth, but that's now how they wanted it to go- so I shut my mouth. On the way home though, I was able to explain to him and show him with my hands how he had a big hole in his head and we had taken the skin and pulled it together and stapled it shut so that it could keep germs out and get better. He was very fascinated with all that! It was cute to hear him understanding what had just happened. He's a smart little kid. He might actually like the staples now. He was very proud of them and willing to talk about them the next day at Grandma Ruthie's with anyone and everyone who asked which is new for him- he's not the friendliest there. He tells me he doesn't want to get them out until he's a big Dad like Dad. I'm not sure how to tell him they're coming out in 7-10 days! Til then I guess. 3-31-17
APRIL FOOLS
Thanks to my dumb illness April Fools was less than exciting this year. I don't think I did one prank the ENTIRE day! How depressing is that! Poor Noah got my wrath when I lifted up the 4th or 5th upsidedown cup of water on the counter. Seriously there was water ALL OVER MY KITCHEN when I woke up!! EVERYWHERE! And the floor is already compromised over by the fridge and leaks down to the basement so we cannot have water on the floor. So I got mad and lectured him about his prank choice. I feel bad about that. He really was just trying to have fun. He'd been awake since 6:00 (and so had I consequently) working on things so I should have been more sympathetic. He was nice about it though and apologized. There wasn't a whole lot of pranking other than his morning stuff. Such a bummer. I wish I'd been feeling better. 4-1-17
SOFTBALL
Erika started and had her first Softball practice on Saturday! During the last half of the last session of conference, she and I slipped out. She is going to be great at softball, I can tell already! I was able to watch her and listen to conference at the same time :). I'm really anxious for this season to start. I think Erika is too :). 4-1-17
NO SCHOOL
We didn't have school on Monday. It was so nice :). Our school got stood up by the news station- kind of annoying to go to school on a day off to do TTM only to find out that they don't care anymore. lame. I think everyone enjoyed just doing nothing :). I did take some time to go to Shelly's and work on our little Arrow of Light awards- they turned out AWESOME! Thanks to Jeff! I regret the rest of our conversation about callings and such. That left me in the biggest funk ever. Especially after talking to Barbara that night. Not cool. I hope I can wrap my head around all of that some day. Until then, I just have to doubt my doubts. Some of the kids ended up doing things with friends. Kelly babysat. I wasn't able to get my groceries until the next day though, so we didn't have a lot of food, so we ended up going out to eat. The kids all settled on Subway and then once they saw what Mo' Bettas was like, they all wanted to eat there. So we did :). It was delicious. Another salad that almost completely replaces the high caloric, not good for me food that I used to eat. I'm learning. When we got home, we had an awesome family night by Noah- he taught us about Joseph Smith and some of the trials he faced while restoring the Church. He's been learning so much about this in his Primary class- it's been fun to hear about it all from him. We quickly played a few rounds of 4 corners. It was a fun night. I think we all needed the time off. 3-27-17
WART
Poor Noah. I told him he was just going for a well-check and before we left remembered we wanted his wart froze off. Not the surprise he was looking for. It was pretty painful. But the wart on his forearm is well on it's way out. Especially thanks to the help of his friend McKay who accidentally pulled off the blister that had formed. Not cool. But either way. I felt so bad! The little dum dum sucker just didn't cut it for this one. 3-28-17
JUGGLING
The girls have been volunteering at a little theater place in Layton to help with kids with Down's Syndrome. It's been one of the highlights of their schedule these days. We had to do some juggling this week with Pack Meeting and Gigi's playhouse at almost the same time, but we made it work. I'm so proud of them for doing these things. 3-28-17
LUKE AND NOAH PACK MEETING
This was our first real pack meeting since the Super Pack split. With awards and advancements and everything. I was really glad it went as well as it did. Shelly did a great job! It was so fun to have Luke and Noah receiving so many awards. Luke's been out for a while now, but came back to get his Arrow of Light and Webelos award along with his religious square knot and a bunch of pins. Noah finally got his wolf advancement and some of the belt loops he has earned. It was really cool. I love how cool they feel about themselves when they succeed. They have worked so hard. I love my pins too :). 3-28-17
SOCIALLY
I've been really hard to please socially, lately. I'm not sure what it is. I do not feel like any of the social interactions (with the exception of a few) have been all that fulfilling. I'm hoping to get out of this slump soon. We'll see. 3-29-17
WARD WALKABOUT
We finally got a ward walkabout!! The kids were SO EXCITED!! It was very much anticipated by all of us! I loved how they did it, and put the youth in charge. I think Kelly was the only youth complaining that the leaders had done it all :). But it was a lot of fun. I enjoyed visiting with everyone. The kids LOVED it. They went back to the Hill's house to "show each other the donuts" a few times. Funny kids. I missed Nate, but it really was a fun evening! 3-29-17
LUNCH WITH KENNI AND CO.
Kenni invited a bunch of us to lunch this week as kind of a farewell lunch. I'm so sad she's moving! I think she'll have an awesome time and love California, but I kinda hope she just wants to come back when it's over :). She's been a fun friend. Noodles and Co. is different than I remember it- the food was really good! Good times. 3-30-17
GRANDPA RUSS
We had planned on redoing our banisters this week, but with all the time Nate spent driving his parents to and from the hospital and appointments it didn't really happen. I am so glad he's been able to spend that time with them though. He has enjoyed it too. We're hoping things are looking up a little for Grandpa Russ. It's been really hard to see him the way he's been this week, but thankfully at the end of the week they finally were able to drain his one lung. It's so hard to watch people you love get older and less able. We're praying for him!! 3-30-17
COGAT
Funniest thing happened on Thursday. I had just sat down after picking kids up from school and another errand when the thought hit me that the previous day was the 29th and we'd MISSED BRAD'S MATH TEST!!! He was scheduled to take the test to place him for next year, and I had somehow remembered that it was on the 29th. Not sure why I thought that, but as I shouted out the horror, I looked at my phone and much to my surprise, the test wasn't scheduled for the 29th- it was scheduled for the 30th!! It was actually in TEN MINUTES!!!! PANIC!!! Luckily Bradley was right there, we hopped in the car and darted down to Farmington and actually made it there, and up the stairs and to the check in table RIGHT ON TIME!!! Kinda nuts. This is actually how most of my life is run- at the last minute- flying by the seat of my pants and usually dragging a kid or two by theirs! But somehow it works. Heavenly Father helped me on this one- I believe. So he took his big test!! Apparently it was incredibly boring and easy and he finished all of them in the time allotted. I think he probably did pretty good- guess we'll find out sometime. While he was taking his test I met the mom of a kid he knew. She was super sweet and we just sat and talked the entire time! Her name is Krista! We had so much fun talking, but never exchanged numbers or anything- how am I ever going to get her the info for PTA volunteering? Oh well. Anyway- this was one of the few social events (funny that one on one convo is now considered a social event, but it is!) that really felt rewarding and left me feeling good. So that was a blessing to run into her and get to know her a little. I hope we run into each other again soon. 3-30-17
DEATH BED
So Friday felt a little like what I think my death bed will feel like. I was having all kinds of cold symptoms: sore throat, sneezing, coughing, headache from somewhere that I don't want to mention- my head seriously felt like it was going to explode! aches all over my body (on top of all the aches from my workout the day before), and serious congestion. It was AWFUL!! And on top of that- Nate had to leave! I was left with grumpy and his mad little sister with crummy weather. It was awful!! I don't even know how I survived!! Thankfully the sun came out towards the end of the day and actually Jack falling out of a tree and needing staples ended up being kind of a little break for me. I really thought I was going to die though- it was so hard. The next day wasn't a whole lot better, but at least it was conference, I was able to just sit around guilt-free and with a lot of help from my big kids- I seriously owe them big time. Took a couple days for it to end though. Kind of annoying. Still not sure if it was allergies or not- nobody else has gotten it that I know of. So possibly. But UGH!! So not my favorite. 3-31-17
STAPLES
Poor Jack Jack. Friday evening Erika and Luke came running in yelling to Nate that he needed to go get Jack because his head was bleeding a LOT! It sounded serious, but I know how head injuries are, so I grabbed a rag and calmly wet it and got ready for him to come in. I didn't really expect it to be a big deal. Unfortunately I was wrong. He had the biggest hole in his head!! I mean, it was a slit (or a crack as Jack calls it), but SO DEEP!! And actually pretty long too. I was a little surprised there wasn't MORE blood than there was. We got him all cleaned up and calmed him down a little before driving out to the urgent care. On the way there I was wondering how much a human stapler is- maybe we could eliminate the middle man here and just take matters into our own hands with the head injuries?? Is that weird of me? While we were there and spending a lot of time talking about what happened and whether there were concussion symptoms and such, I was really wanting my own stapler! I couldn't stop thinking about it. Especially as I watched the doctor very casually, not careful at all, jamming those staples into his head. He didn't move his hair or wait for him to hold still or anything- the kid was basically flailing around. It's a wonder he even got the staples in the right place? If he did. I'm sure he knows what he's doing, but it didn't really appear that way is all. So anyway. Sweet little Jack did pretty good. Better than he could have done with a shot and stitches- why is that even an option? I think he would have done better if I'd been able to explain things to him. They kept trying to distract him from things and tried to make it sound like they weren't going to do anything which doesn't really work on Jack. I tried to let them know he does better with more information and the truth, but that's now how they wanted it to go- so I shut my mouth. On the way home though, I was able to explain to him and show him with my hands how he had a big hole in his head and we had taken the skin and pulled it together and stapled it shut so that it could keep germs out and get better. He was very fascinated with all that! It was cute to hear him understanding what had just happened. He's a smart little kid. He might actually like the staples now. He was very proud of them and willing to talk about them the next day at Grandma Ruthie's with anyone and everyone who asked which is new for him- he's not the friendliest there. He tells me he doesn't want to get them out until he's a big Dad like Dad. I'm not sure how to tell him they're coming out in 7-10 days! Til then I guess. 3-31-17
APRIL FOOLS
Thanks to my dumb illness April Fools was less than exciting this year. I don't think I did one prank the ENTIRE day! How depressing is that! Poor Noah got my wrath when I lifted up the 4th or 5th upsidedown cup of water on the counter. Seriously there was water ALL OVER MY KITCHEN when I woke up!! EVERYWHERE! And the floor is already compromised over by the fridge and leaks down to the basement so we cannot have water on the floor. So I got mad and lectured him about his prank choice. I feel bad about that. He really was just trying to have fun. He'd been awake since 6:00 (and so had I consequently) working on things so I should have been more sympathetic. He was nice about it though and apologized. There wasn't a whole lot of pranking other than his morning stuff. Such a bummer. I wish I'd been feeling better. 4-1-17
SOFTBALL
Erika started and had her first Softball practice on Saturday! During the last half of the last session of conference, she and I slipped out. She is going to be great at softball, I can tell already! I was able to watch her and listen to conference at the same time :). I'm really anxious for this season to start. I think Erika is too :). 4-1-17
No comments:
Post a Comment