"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Christmas Morning

CHRISTMAS DAY!!
We had such a different Christmas this year!  Not just missing the traditions all month, but Nate had to work.  So we had to run things a little differently.  We got up at 5:30 (I "hit snooze" a few times while listening to the giggling and chattering that was going on in the living room :) ).  Headed downstairs for stocking time!  Everyone loved what they found- the excitement was in the air!  I loved it!  Then I made some Puffy Pancakes for breakfast (Creamed Eggs on Toast had to wait).  While we waited I was showered with gifts and spoiled rotten for my birthday!  Such sweet kids and hubby I have.  I got the bench I've been wanting for the living room!  Plus sweets and toys.  So cool!  




Then it was time for our Santa gifts! Molly wasn't awake yet, so we started with Jack.  The kids all seemed pleased with their gifts, so that was fun.  We hugged Nate goodbye and tried to kill the next eight hours!!  It was NUTS!!  Everyone did really well.  I think there was only an hour or so where I thought I was going to cancel Christmas, but really, for what it was- they did awesome!  I did awesome for that matter :).  Having had two short hours of sleep and no nap- I did REALLY awesome.  We did a lot of playing with the new toys.  Testing them out and figuring out how to use them.  Poor Kelly we never did get her new tablet to work, but the sticker calendar kept her pretty busy.  I did my new puzzle.  We survived! 


























 Then Nate came home!!!  What a blessing that was.  It took us about two hours but we finally made it through all the gifts!  So much fun!!  I think everyone was pretty happy with what they got.  I loved it!  The rest of the evening was a quick Creamed Eggs on Toast dinner, and some more playing.  It felt really short, but I was also tired, so it was okay.  12-25-17













































Claire made each kid their own blanket!!!!!  We all felt so loved!

No comments: