"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Putting up Christmas

PUTTING UP CHRISTMAS
We used to have the tradition of putting up Christmas the Monday after Thanksgiving for FHE.  Then when we moved to Kaysville, after a couple years of cramming in the light parade and putting up Christmas into the same evening, we decided we would change our tradition to putting up Christmas to the following Monday.  Well... this year we wanted to have our Christmas decorations up for Erika's baptism refreshment time and so we were going to do both the light parade and the decorations the same night!  It was going to be busy, but we were up for it.  Well THEN the city ended up not even having the light parade!!!  SO SAD!!!!  But it also ended up being kind of a good thing because we were able to get our tree (at Costco :) ) and put it up and decorate with time to spare.  It was a really fun, easygoing evening.  We got the best tree... Nate's a pro at chopping off the end now... we had all the boxes of ornaments all ready to go after putting on my new, AWESOME, red, green, and white, pearl lights!!  WAHOO!!!!.... and the kids humored me with all the traditions and pictures.  It was a lot of fun.  Always is.  I have to admit, and maybe it was just the mood I was in, I got a little sad thinking about when my kids grow up and this tradition doesn't include everyone.  Luke was talking about how he won't be able to put the angel on next time it's his turn because he'll be on his mission!!!  Talk about crazy!!  I don't even want to think about it really.  I need to make this a tradition that they all want to come back for after they move out.  I wonder how I could do that.  Maybe if I add in food... or hot chocolate... they're suckers for hot chocolate.  Maybe we need to add in going and chopping down our own tree??  Hmmmmm.  Better get on this for next year.  It was fun to have Molly experiencing it all for the "first time" again.  She loved her "duckie" ornament and points it out to us regularly.  She wasn't AS into the ornaments until near the end.  Takes her a while to warm up to things like that.  But she had fun and it's been a fun thing for her to look at ever since.  Everyone else loved it.  The older kids seemed to be kind of over it, but made it fun for their sibs.  I love that.  It turned out looking pretty beautiful.  I couldn't be happier with it all :).  11-27-17


























No comments: