"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, December 11, 2018

Week of 11-25-18

NATE HALF DAY
Today was a big day!  Luke was getting set apart for his calling as Second Counselor in the Deacon's quorum and then we had tithing settlement!  So Nate decided it was a good day to use some of his credit hours and didn't go into work until after tithing settlement.  It was a nice Sunday.  Molly slept at the end of Sacrament meeting so Nate took her in his arms to Sunday School.  Then brought her to me (still asleep!) for the third hour.  She woke up shortly after and was totally irreverent in Primary so I went with her to Nursery.  We've got to get her to stop falling asleep before Nursery.  She's getting out of the habit now!  I loved hearing Luke's blessing.  It's always so cool to hear what Heavenly Father has to say to them and know that He knows them.  He will do great at his new calling!  I'm proud of him.  Tithing settlement went really quick this time.  He almost didn't ask me for a declaration :).  But it was nice.  The kids liked the candy :).  We were sad to say goodbye to Nate, but we survived another Sunday evening without him.  11-25-18

JACK
Jack is growing up so much lately.  I feel like a lot of it is because of Mrs. Burns.  She is really good at helping kids move on to the next thing.  He's been different lately about helping out and doing things on his own.  Today I asked him to clear and set the table.  He was not happy about the idea and asked why a few times, but when I said, "I have asked every single person in this house to help out with dinner tonight and they all helped me without complaining or saying a word about it.  You can do that too!"  He was on it!  Didn't say another word and even went above and beyond by scrubbing the table too!  I was so proud of him!  He's been way into making things lately.  Especially with tin foil.  It's been cute to see his creations.  Not as cute to see his messes, but he's learning to clean those up too.  It's really fun to see him developing and doing new things that are just Jack.  I told him he needs to ask Santa for a box of tin foil :).  11-25-18

FHE
Family night was really great this week.  Brad taught a lesson on patience.  I loved the story he chose in the Friend about the brother with Down's Syndrome.  Very cool.  And I loved that he showed me the "Guide to the Scriptures" that I didn't know about.  Then our treat was F'zookies- Noah's treat- I totally ate some of the dough and then had a few bites of the finished product with the ice cream!!  Loved it!  It tasted amazing!!  But I didn't love the stomach ache, shakiness, and my heart was racing all night long.  That was not amazing.  I need to learn my lesson.  We watched the Jazz lose again for our activity.  I'm with Erika- no more Jazz games for FHE activities.  But it was a good night with everyone.  11-26-18

RELIEF SOCIETY PROGRESSIVE DINNER
I really love this activity every year.  It's been a fun one.  Somehow this year, I ended up being in the same group as a lot of people several times.  Which was great when it came to Richelle Pearce, but not so great with a few others.  I still had a great time though.  It was good food (which I cheated a little and ate some things I shouldn't including an AMAZING chocolate cake- tiny sliver of it mind you- that Sarah made! So GOOD!!), good company.  Very enjoyable.  I was a little jealous I didn't get to go to Barbara's... sounded like a great time over there :).  All night long :).  11-27-18

ERIKA DENTIST
So while Erika was having major work done- two cavities filled and a teeth pulled!  I got to hear all about the new curriculum that will come out in 2020.  Dr. Morgan's ward is one of the pilot wards for the program and he spilled all the beans!  I am super excited about it now.  I feel like this gave me the recharge I needed :).  It's going to be awesome!  11-28-18

SHELVES
So Friday, Nate spent the entire day in the garage putting in some shelves for all of our crazy totes!  I am SO IMPRESSED!  I really can't express how impressed I am.  And he used the lumber from the shed, so doubly impressive.  It looks great and it alleviates a lot of clutter from the garage.  So that even with the weight bench, ping pong table, my bike and the trailer, and a few other big items, we are still able to park Nate's car in there!  That will be nice this winter.  So pretty cool!  We're making all kinds of progress on our ideas with the backyard, garage and basement.  Makes me happy.  One cute thing- with all the sawing and hammering in the garage, Molly couldn't hear her show, so she got up several times, opened the door to the garage, and told Nate he needed to be quiet so she could hear her show.  He was "too loud"! HA!  11-30-18

GRANDMA HATCH'S PARTY
Since the Hatches were in town, we needed a get-together at Grandma Hatch's house.  She decided to count it as the family Christmas party.  It was a nice time.  It was a good thing we brought a salad or Nate and I would have had nothing to eat.  But it was a good salad.  I filled up on it.  The kids had a great time.  Loved the game Heidi and John brought with the prizes wrapped up in a big ball of saran wrap.  I think Kelly dominated on this game- she's had a lot of practice.  But everyone really enjoyed it.  Luke came away with a ton too.  My mom really wanted it to be a Polar Express party, so she turned the movie on towards the end.  I think the kids like that show.  11-30-18






WARD CHRISTMAS PARTY
We went to our ward party on Saturday morning.  It was a breakfast.  They had amazing decorations!  The food was great too- just wish I could have eaten more of it!  For some reason I was STARVING the entire time, just feeling really hungry and probably a little hangry, so that was a bummer.  I really should have eaten something before I left!  Lesson learned.  For some reason I thought I'd be okay.  But it was nice.  They had a little shadow show of the nativity, that was cool, just the sound was weird, so it was difficult for me to enjoy that.  But I did get to meet the Guerra's and see their new cute baby!  So that was awesome! 12-1-18






No comments: