Two weeks ago, Bro. Pederson asked me to give a talk in Sacrament meeting on Christmas Sunday. He said it didn't need to be more than five minutes. I was a little stressed about it, but tried to focus on what I wanted to say rather than how much I hate talking in public. It wasn't until I learned that I was the ONLY speaker that day that I really lost it emotionally. Inside. I don't like those kinds of spotlights. Then when I got up to speak, I noticed that the full hour of the meeting was already up. I asked the Bishop if he still wanted me to speak. I took four-ish minutes and abruptly finished my talk because I was done trying to talk through my tears and not being able to clear my throat. It was a mess. I was a mess. I had been singing in the choir and sitting on the stand so I wasn't able to go to the bathroom and by the time the meeting was over, I had to RUN to the bathroom... it was nuts! Glad I made it, but man! Next time I will awkwardly walk climb over everyone and go to the bathroom in the middle of the meeting. If there ever is a next time. 12-23-18
GRANDMA RUTHIE'S
So Nate's mom planned her own little party for Sunday. We all met up at the cemetery to say hi to Russ. That was nice. I want to think of something to bring with us next time- Nancy was so clever with the oranges. Then we went back up to the house for some soup and rolls, service project (passing out Ruth's neighbor gifts :) ), and a round of Yankee Swap. It was a lot of fun! The kids had a blast with their cousins. 12-23-18
POST CHRISTMAS
The rest of the break is pretty much a blur. We didn't do much besides sit around. I guess we did go over to the church on Wednesday for our own little playgroup, so that the kids could use Noah's laser tag and Erika's pogo stick. But other than that, it was a pretty lazy week! I loved it! Luke and I FINALLY deciphered the instructions on the marble roller coaster and were able to put together four of the tracks. Brad did a lot of little 3D drawings. There was lots of sitting on phones, watching YouTube, and Nate's new TV, napping, and laying around. I loved it! 12-26-18--12-30-18
Becky took me to Build-a-Bear for my birthay! It was so much fun! I had no idea I would have so much fun picking out a stuffed animal for myself :). We made twinner penguins. We didn't know til later that they are Pokemon Penguins, but it was all good. I wish I'd gotten Becky's kitty dress in the picture! We went to Cherry Berry after... mmmmmm. Thanks Beck! 12-28-18
Sierra and Kelly tried to make slime with Molly during their sleepover- cute girls! Too bad I gave them a bogus recipe! Better luck next time I guess? 12-29-18
No comments:
Post a Comment