These pictures were taken for the sole purpose of recording this outfit. We all love it ;) The girls especially love the kitty on the bumb part ;). Erika got this from her friend Sophie :) They were so nice to share their cute clothes with us.
Okay, so this post just might end up being way more information than you could possibly want, but since I whined about how I felt over Thanksgiving so much, I thought I would fill you all in on what I found out Saturday. It makes me feel like I am justified in whining :)
I had felt almost okay on Friday because I took some of my pain killers from the c-section, but Saturday..... oh, Saturday was a killer. It was worse than Thursday, and then I had a few more little problems. Well, Nate was trying to talk me into going to the Instacare most of the day, being very sweet and loving and concerned, but I totally hate going to those places. I was going to try to wait it out till Monday. But at about 2:00 I started bleeding really heavily like as much as you do the day after you have a baby (and I had been done with that for about a week). That was kind of the kicker for me. Even though it really had little to do with all my other symptoms, I gave in and we went to the Instacare. Thanks to Sarah for making herself available for us!! She totally dropped everything and came right over. And I mean RIGHT over. She was here within minutes of calling her. SO awesome.
At the Instacare they told me I had to go to the ER because they weren't equipped to handle my problem. That was annoying, but we went. Then about 3 hours and a bunch of annoying tests and examinations (including a catheter which to me is next to torture) later we had some information. I really REALLY hate not knowing what is wrong with me when I am sick, so just having some answers is priceless for me. I had: a sinus infection, upper respiratory infection (a bad cough basically), a vaginal infection, and a tissue blockage at the cervix. They sent me home with 2 antibiotics and some strong cough medicine. So now I am all better ;) It's been a humbling experience for me. I can't tell you how crappy I felt and how mad I was that I had to be sick still. Funny how quickly the Lord will take something like that away even when I have such a bad attitude. I am grateful and also sorry for how frustrated I got with the whole thing. And I'm grateful that it wasn't something worse. I wish I had known it would be so quick and I wouldn't have gotten so bent out of shape. Hind sight.
Yesterday was awesome though, I got to go to church and it felt awesome! Our Ward is so awesome and I just felt really good. Today has been amazing too. It was a little tricky getting the girls to school this morning.... forgot how much work that is. But it almost feels good to be doing all my old chores and the old routine.... washing the dishes was almost refreshing! I love that I can do it now and not feel like garbage! The boys are having a little bit of a hard time getting back into things and doing it with a new little girl in the picture, but I think we can do this!! Life is good.
3 comments:
I'm glad you're doing better! Sorry you had such a crappy Thanksgiving though. :(
I'm so sorry you've not been feeling well. There's nothing worse than having a new baby and being so sick you can't hardly enjoy that time. I hope the medication kicks in fast for you and you start feeling better quick! Good Luck!
It wasn't at all too much information. I'm so glad to hear that you're doing better. Those blessings make you appreciate the power of the priesthood.
Post a Comment