"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Monday, January 2, 2012

Journaling

- Thursday I got to go have Breakfast with some of my most favorite people on this planet!  The ol' Taylorville Gang.  I seriously feel more comfortable with these people than I do with some family members!  It's just awesome.  It was a little early for me and the kids, but we made our way down to South Jordan at 9:00.  Had yummy food and lots of convo.... so nice.  I love those people!
After that, we killed some time at Carl's Jr. before the girls' sleepover at Grandma's was supposed to start.  Poor Kelly smashed her pinky in the big bathroom door while we were there.... that was sad.  The kids had a lot of fun, and then we headed up to Nate's parents' house.  I got to visit with Meg and Nancy a little and then had to leave to go pick up Nate.  It's always a strange feeling when the girls aren't with us!  Once we got Nate, we all went to dinner at Wingers (yep, a WHOLE day of eating out!  Loved it ;) ), and then stopped at Costco and got home just in time for our "Game Night" with Chris and Stephanie.  So a FULL DAY for me ;)  12-29-11

- Friday I let Nate take the car and me and the boys just bummed around.  I tried to get the house cleaned up and I'd say I did pretty well.  I like to start the new year out with a clean house, but I'm afraid the Laundry suffered.  Oh well, can't win them all!  Once Nate got home we headed on up for the Birthday Party and New Year's Eve Eve Party (they had cancelled the one for the next night because they didn't want everyone to have to stay up late before Sunday.... kinda strange, but it worked).  We went to Arctic Circle for Eli's birthday, that was fun.  The kids had a lot of fun running around with their cousins.  Then we went to Lynn and Ali's house for the other party.  I love the New Year's Eve party.  Sitting around playing games with my sils.  Very nice.  There was good food and lots of fun.  Then we came home.  12-30-11

- For New Year's this year, we did an impromptu party here at our house.  Since our other party had been cancelled we decided we'd invite Brent's family and Heidi and Steve over for a game night.  That went okay.... not really how we'd pictured :) But it was fun.  I was distracted that whole night.  Didn't really feel like my head was in the game.  Pretty consumed with that monthly thing that I rant and rave about every single month.  I'll spare you the details.  We had a fun time ringing in the new year though.  Steve stayed 'til Midnight and when it came down to the minutes, we ran outside to watch all the fireworks everyone in our neighborhood spent so much money on ;).  It was a lot of fun, screaming and banging pots and pans!  Noah was the only one who didn't make it to midnight, he fell asleep about 12 minutes before!!  So it was a lot of fun for everyone!  I do love that holiday!  Fun times.  12-31-11

- 1-1-12 was Noah's first time as a SUNBEAM!!!  He did SO good!  He was preparing himself to have a hard time, so I was nervous.  But he went to his class with little trouble and then sat all through Primary/Sharing time without his Mom sitting with him!  I was proud of him!  He even got to hold up a star for one of the songs.
This was also Erika's first time in Nursery ALL BY HERSELF!!  I wish I could say she did as well, but she struggled a little.  She had a hard time staying, she kept telling me she wanted to "go to Mommy's church!"  Eventually Nate took her, and she did well for him, even gave her a kiss on the cheek goodbye :).  But once she got out to "go potty weewy bad", she was done with it.  They brought her to me, she wouldn't go in the potty, and then we spent a good 10 minutes looking for Nate.  So nuts for me on stressful days like the first day of new classes in Primary.  But oh well.  We'll see how it goes the next 4 weeks when I have to teach Sharing time.....
This was also Kelly's first time in SENIOR PRIMARY!!!  She looked like such a cute little girl up there on the front row!  It's funny that she looks little all of a sudden :)  She did well, and I think she'll enjoy the more grown up lessons.

- Monday was our last day of Winter Break!  I can't believe it's over!  We tried to take it easy.  We went out once and got lunch, and then the rest of the day was just playing the wii and playing at friends' houses.  I think we had enough fun :)  And Christmas break.... you really can't go wrong!  I will miss my kiddos though.  We had a really nice FHE.  We barely remembered it as we were finishing up dinner (it's hard to remember that it's Monday when everyone's home all day!), so we did a quick FHE.  Bradley had us play Simon Says and related that to being obedient!  It was a fun game.  I loved when Kelly invited Erika to be IT with her.  Erika ran up and gave her a big hug!  She stood up there holding Erika and Noah's hands her whole turn.  What a cool big sis.  I like that about Kelly.



No comments: