"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, January 14, 2012

Some Random Ones

When Lukey came home from school on Thursday, he had this adorable little hat on :)  The camera was out and I couldn't resist taking a picture :).  I wish I'd taken more time to get the story on it.... when I asked him he said, "I just made it".  So there ya have it folks :)  I love my Lukey's cute little face :)


We had a pretty nice weekend, starting Friday!  I love it when the kids don't have school.  I know I shouldn't say that, but I do.  We didn't have any big plans for this weekend for some reason.  Well, probably because of this stupid headache that has been poisoning my life for the last couple weeks.  I'm pretty sure it's sinus problems, but I so hate going to the doctor, so maybe it will go away on it's own.... we'll see.  
So anyway, On Saturday, we had a forced NO SCREEN TIME once the tv, computer, wii, and kindle had been going nonstop all morning.  They didn't take the news too well, but it was necessary.  
Eventually (after the tantrums ended) they found some fun in jumping off the couch and onto the bean bag/giant stuffed monkey and bear pile.  That was a total blast for a good hour or two.  I was surprised at how long it took for someone to get hurt.  I felt bad that it was my sweet little Kelly though (I would have felt bad no matter which kid it was, just for the record).  She landed on her arm, and the kids all went into caretaker mode.  They were ON IT!  They brought her upstairs, propped her feet in Nana's chair, she had blankets, pillows, a photo album of pictures of Charity, a little caddy (Noah's new tool box) full of noise makers, each one representing a different need if she shook it.  She was livin' it!  I love that my kids will do this for each other.  And no matter how much fighting, backbiting, name-calling, pinching, hitting, biting, so on (and there's a LOT!!)... that goes on in our home, they are still willing to help a sibling in need.  Makes me smile.

No comments: