- School is back in session. And so is getting up and out the door too early, spending more time than you would imagine doing homework and reading, and.... missing my kids. We're surviving though :) The kids were thrilled to go back, and I think it's been good to get our routine back. The girls started play practices for the School Musical, and tonight (1-5-12) we had the opportunity to go see Bountiful High's production of Beauty and the Beast. It was a lot of fun. Charity, Kelly, Bradley and I left Daddy home with the three littles and went out on the town. I thought the play was nice, but I could have done with a shorter version with fewer songs! I'm not sure where all those songs came from! I shouldn't complain, it was good, I was just tired!!! Which brings me to the next news, that is, Erika has NOT been sleeping well!!! It's absolutely insane! She will wake up around 12:00 or 1:00 and not being able to make her cry herself to sleep, since she shares a room with her two school-going sisters, she comes downstairs and one of us chauperones as she entertains herself with movies, toys, food, whatever... all night long!!! It's crazy. Last night she woke up at 12:45 (just minutes after Nate and I said goodnight to each other- yeah, so much for my New Year's Resolution to go to bed earlier- that's why I don't post those things-----) and then she was up and running (and laying on the couch for a lot of it) until 4:00 this morning. I was POOPED!!! Of course I dozed off here and there, but it is NOT good sleep! Luckily she finally did konk out though or I'd be singing to a different tune. Then she still wakes up at 7:00 in the morning! It's really weird. I can't tell if she's teething or having problems with her bladder or what! But it's got to stop soon. I don't think I'll survive too many more nights like that one. She's so cute though. I really can't get enough of her. Even when I'm irritated beyond belief, she still makes me laugh. Weird. So anyway, that's the latest here.
- I need to be better at my journaling. It kills me when I skip this much time. Oh well. So, Sunday was my first Sharing Time in this ward. I think it went okay. I didn't realize how lucky I was in our last ward to only have to do one Sharing Time each Sunday. This ward has both Senior and Junior Primaries, so I have to do it twice and change it up a little to cater to each group. I was way too nervous during Senior Primary. I thought I was going to shake right out of my skin. And Charity said she could tell I was nervous. But I think I did a lot better for Junior Primary. I couldn't help but let my sweet little Noah come up and help me with the first thing and then I had to have my Lukey and Bradley come up too ;) "had to". I can give them special treatment right? I think I'll survive January, doing 3 more weeks, but I'm grateful that I get a couple months til the next time I have to do it.
- That night was the Maynes Family meeting and Erika was really nice to Darren! I was so surprised. She had been prepping herself the whole way there, and came in and said "hi" and gave him high 5's and stuff. So awesome. IT was a really nice time with the fam.
- Tuesday was the girls' School Spelling Bee. They did SO GOOD!!! I was so proud of both of them. Charity misspelled "obstinate" and Kelly misspelled "relevant". It was sad, but hey, they were up against 5th and 6th graders! I am just so proud that they made it to the school level, and that they were brave enough to get up there in front of the whole school to do it! Very impressive!! 1-9-12
No comments:
Post a Comment