"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, January 20, 2012

Last day of our 4 day weekend, we had a little extra snow (as you can see in these pictures, not a LOT :) ), so the kids had wanted to go sledding.  
It had been a pretty packed day.  Noah's well-child visit in the morning.  That went okay, minus that shots.  Noah is so tough though.  He surprises me sometimes with the tolerance to pain.  He did cry a little on the last one, and I assume the Nurse screwed up on it because of her reaction, but it took 3 to get him to cry!  
When we got home, I rushed off with my cousin, Becky, to go to lunch with her sisters.  Alicia was up from Arizona and had planned a lunch.  I felt so privileged to have been invited.  I do love my cousins so much. I feel bad that we've let our relationships kinda sit on the back burner over the last 10 or so years.  It's nice to be able to catch up a little more these days.  Alicia just had her first baby, so it was a lot of fun to see her.  She is so pretty!
So we visited a lot at Pei Wei, and then headed over to Maija's house for some more chatting.  I think I got home around 2:00.  
I realized when I got home that I hadn't given Nate the instructions to have Noah walk around and stay up on his legs, and not to sit down at all because Noah was practically on his death bed, in pain from his shots.  He couldn't walk at all!  
I felt so bad!!  
The kids had been waiting for me to get home, so that we could all go sledding, so we got everyone all dressed.  It takes SO LONG to get our kids ready for winter play.  Drives me crazy.  Once everyone was ready, I finally convinced Noah that if he couldn't walk, he probably wouldn't be able to go sledding.  He finally agreed, and I let Nate take the other kids.  Noah was so bummed and requested that he and I go get the ice cream I had promised him earlier.  I figured why not!
But as I was walking out, I realized that Nate had forgotten the camera, so I grabbed it and we drove up to the hill to take some pictures :)  They were really rushed ones, so I know they're not perfect.  But I really hate it when we do something fun and I don't capture it in even a crappy little blurred picture :)...













Once I had shot a few, Erika suddenly had to "go potty weewy bad!"
So I ditched Noah (in my Mom's car), took Erika in the SUV down to our house to go potty.  She threw a huge fit and didn't end up even going.
We got back up to the hill 10 minutes later, I passed her off to Nate, and then took Noah to Arctic Circle for his well-deserved ice cream cone.  
What an insane little hour that was!
We went to Dick's to grab some ingredients for dinner, and then we headed home.
It was a fun day.  I think the kids even had fun too ;)

No comments: