"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Friday, May 4, 2012

Journaling

- We got to go to later church on Sunday!  Well, I had a meeting at 7:30 in the morning, but frankly, it was the best thing that could have happened to me ;)  I LOVED that meeting!  The Stake Presidency spoke, and there were so many great things to think about.  President Dibb told us to ask ourselves, "What am I doing to lead?"  And I really appreciated that.  I need to rethink how I fulfill my calling and if I am doing all that I can.  I know I've had my mind elsewhere for the last few months, but I really can't let my calling go.  President Mabey spoke about some of the races he's run in.  He said his fastest Deseret News one that he ran was when someone jumped in fresh, when they were passing the zoo.  The guy was all chatty and friendly and asked if he could run with him.  It was mostly annoying to President Mabey, but when he finished the race, he realized he'd run quicker when that guy was there, than he had at the beginning.  He had someone to lead.  He had someone who had not traveled the same road he had, but was willing to go the rest of the way with him and help him make it to the end.
The fastest other one that he talked about was when a lady caught up to him, asked if she could join him, and she was all chatty.  Which was annoying, but as he talked to her, he learned that she was 3 months pregnant, had just had her knee scoped, and that she had had many other trials that his wouldn't compare to, and yet she still had the confidence that she would make it to the end.  He said he ran fast that time because he knew that with the little he had been through, he could do it if she could.  He had someone who had been through more, and she stuck by him, to give him the confidence he needed.
All of these can be compared to life.  I love that.  I want to be one of those people who helps others finish the race at their best time!

The rest of the day was less than my favorite.  I missed the last half of ward conference because I was manipulated into doing some things that ideally could have taken me a lot less time, but because I was lied to and tricked, they took much longer.  I hate to be bitter about it, but I REALLY hate being taken advantage of.  And in such a manipulative way.  I love to help people, I really do, I would do anything if you just ask, just don't try to trick me into helping you!!  That bugs.  But either way.... it happened.  We came home and had a lovely evening with a very nice dinner made by Nate.  He's such a good man to me.  He keeps making dinner and making my life easier.  Love that!!!  4-22-12

- For FHE Monday we talked about obedience and then went outside to play Mother May I? and Red Light Green Light.  Lots of fun!!  Cambri was our special visitor, and I think she actually had a good time :).  She's a cute girl.  We had the yummy Cinnamon Donut Muffins for our treat.... love those!!!  Good times 4-23-12

- Monday night Luke and I finally put his little Star Poster together, with his pictures and stuff.  He was so cute picking out which pictures he wanted to show off to his friends.  I love that kid!  At one point I realized that we were going to have a LOT of pictures, and they would all be crammed together on this small poster, so I asked him if he would want to eliminate a few.  He said, "Most people don't do a lot of pictures, so I want to do all of them!"  What a cool kid!  He wanted to do what most people DON'T do!! :)  I love that he is himself.  I don't know why it surprises me, I was expecting him to say, "most people don't, so I don't want to" but duh... this is Luke we're talking about ;).  Anyway, I just thought it was cute!  And I was very happy to be done with the Spotlight posters for the year!  I have way too many pictures to go through.  Kinda makes me crazy searching through them.  Though I do love the reminiscing, I need a new system.
4-23-12

No comments: