I had a really lovely Mother's day this year! I woke up to my sweet littles singing "Happy Mother's Day to you" to me. So cute. It really is one of my most favorite things. They are all so sweet and loving with their thoughtful hugs and gifts. And of course breakfast in bed :) This year it was my favorite, Blueberry Muffin Tops! So delicious. They all gave me a pack of gum, a yummy snack, and then a sweet little gift or card. I love that they all pick them out themselves, and put so much thought into them! They really are so sweet! Charity gave me a notebook and pens and wrote a thoughtful note on the inside, that it was to be used for writing down my thoughts. She's growing up so much! Kelly handmade me a bag out of duct tape! SO cool! Plus a few other little books and cards she had made herself. I love the thought. Bradley gave me a cool little glass cube that you set on a light, and it glows, VERY COOL! He knew I would love it! Lukey gave me a necklace fan :). He knows how hot I get and I think he was planning ahead for our trip :). Noah gave me a sweet little statue of a boy and a girl hugging. And a very sweet little hug as well :). I love that little man! Erika gave me some yummy treats and gum. She was a cutie that morning also. They were all so sweet and so kind to each other all day, I could tell they were trying so hard! I loved it!
I had to play the piano in the Sacrament meeting, Primary number, so that was a bit of a bummer, but I survived :). I do love watching them sing. IT's one of my favorite things.
Nate made a very nice dinner for us and we headed on over to my Mom's. She gave me a cute little onesie for Wormie (his first!) and a wall hanging. It was nice to be able to spend a little time with her.
We made our way to the family meeting and had a really nice time sharing "something special" about our own moms. I loved hearing everyone's. Nate's Mom especially has many wonderful qualities. It's fun to hear about everyone's memories as well. I shared how my Mom has always shared her love of music with me. I'm grateful for that.
Such a wonderful day. I felt a lot of motivation this year to try to do better as a Mom. I feel like I am always trying, but sometimes when I stand back and look at the whole picture, I realize I am falling short in a few areas. It's always good to get a new perspective and try harder. Being pregnant always puts a damper on the extras in my life, so I need to make sure I don't make having fun and being happy for my children, an "extra". They aren't. And shouldn't be. I know that I am doing a lot right now, and I am grateful for the knowledge that my Heavenly Father is pleased with what I am doing. Hopefully I can do more and be more each day to please him and to make my family an eternal one. I don't want anyone to think I take the blessing of being a mother, for granted. It is the greatest miracle I've ever been granted.
No comments:
Post a Comment