"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Journaling

- Monday, we took all the littles and Charlie and Carter to Kangaroo Zoo.  We still had a few turns left on the card we got a few weeks ago and thought it would be a fun way to get the kids' wiggles out and also let Nate and I relax and talk.  It was a fun time.  I loved watching what they all found entertaining.  Noah and Charlie were especially cute in the bounce house, pretending that there were storms outside and all that good stuff.  Cute kids.  Erika had a total blast this time too, I couldn't believe how well she climbed up some of the big ones!  4-30-12

- Also, on Monday, we had something really cool happen!  We had talked Brent and Sarah into coming with us to Nielson's Frozen Custard for our FHE treat.  This was our first time going and the only reason I had wanted to try it was because of how well Brent had sold me on it.  So they had to come with us ;) Make sure we oredered the right thing.  So anyway, we got there a little early and were sitting outside when all of a sudden someone pulled up next to us.  The person in the passenger's side was making a surprised face, and started pointing at me.  I immediately tried to figure out who it was, but I couldn't tell with the glare on the windshield.  Then I convinced myself that this person was probably motioning to someone behind me which, coincidentally, happens quite often!  The mystery woman got frustrated by this time and climbed out of her car.  I couldn't believe my eyes!!!!  CHARITY MANWARING!!!  IN UTAH????  It was SUCH a pleasure to see them!!!  And such a coincidence that I couldn't even begin to think it was one ;).  We chatted for quite a while out there, neglecting her family and Brent and Sarah once they got there.  It was really nice to hear how they were doing though.  It's really been too long since we chatted.  I got to hear about all her adoption chaos, and then introduce her to Erika and Noah (grown up- she did get to hold him when he was a few months old).  It was so fun to see them!  I can only think that the reason we ran into them was just to have her influence there, around me, one more time.  I think I needed to remember that I do have close friends that I love and who care about me as well.  Sometimes it's hard to remember that.  Heavenly Father does these little things for me because he loves me, and for that I am grateful.  I do miss Alaska, and seeing them made me think about it again.  I miss the friendships I made there.  I miss the people and the atmosphere.  It's too bad I could never guarantee that we would be in the Russian Jack ward again, with all the right people :) or I'd probably want to go back.  It was a good adventure though.  And I'm so grateful for our friends the Manwarings who came out of it.  I hope they know we look up to them and love them immensely!  They will forever be miracle-makers in our lives.  And answers to many prayers.

- We got up early on Tuesday and got things done quickly so that we could drop the kids off at school and go pick up our trampoline!!  I think we'll get a lot of good use out of this thing, but I can't help but thing we just bought ourselves a hospital bill!  We'll see! 5-1-12

- Thursday was nuts.  I knew it was going to be.  I asked Nate to take the day off and he filled in for me, with all the crazy things we had going on, so that I could go with Luke on his field trip to the Zoo.  Which I will post about later with pictures.  Anyway, Nate had to get the food in the crock pot for the neighbor for that night, unload the video camera for Kelly's Marionette Program (which I will post about later as well), pick up some extras for dinner, get the kids to the school at 2:00, and then all the extra stuff that happened without my help.  He did AMAZING!!  It was a relief to know that he was taking care of it all!  Then he made dinner for us as well!  He's just perfect.  I don't know what I would do without him.   5-3-12

- Nate had his certificate ceremony at work on Friday and then Friday evening was our big celebration dinner with Nate's family.  I arranged a dinner at Tepanyaki with whoever could come.  Adults only.  I thought we had a good turn out, and I was so grateful that Nate had the support of so many.  He really has worked so hard, and I think it means a lot to him to have family there to celebrate it with him.  We wanted to be able to thank everyone for their love and support.  I had a total blast sitting by Jen and laughed the whole time.  She's pretty entertaining!  Congratulations, BABE!  5-4-12

- Saturday was another hectic day filled with running around to play at a baptism, kids' friends' birthday parties.... it was fun though, a nice change.  5-5-12






1 comment:

Amy said...

that's funny, this Canada girl has been to Nielsen's like 13 yrs ago! help to be dating a Bountifull guy. Hope it was as good as seeing an old friend. you gotta love utah for that! And I am always here...just geographically far away. I am glad you got an enclosure for your trampoline, my worry-wart mom was judging you and concerned about your kiddos ;)