"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Sunday, May 20, 2012

Journaling

- We celebrated my Dad's birthday with him Wednesday.  I wanted to make him a beautiful carrot cake, but it just wouldn't cook right and fell apart when I tried to take it out of the round pans.  I had put it off so long that I didn't have time to do anything fancy for round 2.  I just did a 9X13 pan.  Bummed me out.  I guess it was okay though.  I guess you either get a pretty cake, or a tasty cake with me.  Can't have both.  It was a fun time though!  I enjoyed talking with Brent about genetics.  Makes me miss school (just a little of course).  And learning.  I was proud of myself with what I remembered, and how much was making sense to me.  That means a lot to me.  I like to think there's still something left in this brain after giving birth 6 times.  I had fun talking to my Dad a little that night as well.  It's always nice to get to talk.  We stayed way too late, and got home right before Nate, so he helped with bedtime- how convenient ;)  It was a fun night.  5-9-12

- Wednesday night, Nate's car was broken into.  They stole a bunch of jackets, including his new Jazz one that I gave him for Valentine's.  Such a pain.  I hate the feeling after someone does that.  I wish I could understand the thrill of taking things (that probably mean nothing and are worth very little to some stranger) from someone's car.  What is the point?  Luckily there were several things that are valuable that were not even touched, so that was good.  Strange, but good.  This is the second time this has happened to Nate in Bountiful.  Kinda funny for someone who grew up on the "West Side" in scary West Jordan, to have to deal with when they live in Bountiful (with all it's many stereotypes :) ).  5-10-12


1 comment:

Amy said...

do you put waxed or parchement paper on the bottom of your cake pans? you cut out a circle using the pan as a guide, butter the bottom, put in the paper and butter again. best way to do it. I am sure your dad loved it either way!
What a bummer about the break in. super lame, sorry!!