"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Journaling Week of 9-1-13

Day of Rest?
Jack was not loving church on Sunday.  He was okay for Nate and even dozed off a little, but when I got him for the second hour.... it was not pretty.  He was totally not interested in ANYTHING I had to offer, even walking him around in my arms like he usually enjoys, he was thrashing and screaming, he was out of control!  It was so sad!  And I was totally losing my cool (literally, I was sweating like a crazy person).  I finally decided that a walk outside was in order.  Once I got out there and he still wasn't calming down at all, I just gave in to the thought Satan had started putting in my head earlier to just take him home.  I began walking in that direction.  This NEVER happens in my world!!  We don't EVER leave church.  For ANYTHING!!!  Luckily, we only got a house away from the church when the Spirit knocked some sense back into me.  It was actually sort of funny it was more like a "what are you going to do when you get home that you can't do here?"  And yeah, there wasn't anything at home that would help that I hadn't been able to try there.  So I turned around.  I'm so glad I did, too, because it wasn't all bad.  He did okay in Sacrament meeting, I think Nate ended up taking him out for part of it, but really, I was SO GRATEFUL I stayed.  Nothing is worse to me than missing church.  I hate it.  So I was glad that I had turned around.  I really loved the testimonies that were given, including my own little Charity, Kelly and Bradley!  It was a great meeting.  I'm just happy it all went the way it did :).  9-1-13

LABOR DAY
The Maynes family had a little gathering on Labor day, a BBQ at the park in Daybreak.  It was a lot of fun for everyone.  Poor little Bryn broke her hand though, in a crash on the scooters.  That was pretty exciting for the rest of us though :).  She's such a cute girl.  Jen did her little "You might be a Maynes if..." activity.  Which prompted a desire in myself to create a list of "You might be a Hatch if...."'s.  Which has really been quite entertaining with my sibs, maybe I'll do a post of them....
It was a nice holiday.  Glad to have the kids home with me :).  9-2-13

MANICOTTI
So I made seven pans of Manicotti this week!!  I hadn't planned it out that way, it just kind of happened because I accidentally bought too much Ricotta cheese, and then had extra of everything else (on purpose, which is strange now that I think about it, but whatever).  I was able to use the 3 for my dinner group, one for Savannah Marie Hatch's family, one for a new move in in our ward (a really funny couple who just got married and were leaving on their honeymoon the next day... they were older and this was second marriages for both, but they were hilarious!), one for Grandpa Hatch and Dawn to come and enjoy with us, and then one to leave sitting in the fridge because we were completely Manicottied out!  (Well, only for a few days before we are the last pan... we'd really had enough with the leftovers and such) I was pretty proud of myself :).  I think it was good, but Jack, he LOVED the stuff!!!  He couldn't get enough of it!  I will be finding spinach in his diaper for days I think.  9-3-13

AMERICAN NINJA WARRIOR
We've all been very obsessed with American Ninja Warrior this year!  The boys all practice their own Parkour skills whenever they get a chance.  It's been a really fun season to get into!  When Grandpa and Dawn were here, we showed it to them, and they even got into it a little too!  It was a lot of fun.  We're anxious for stage 3 now :).  Nerds.  Hopefully we'll have our own little Ninja Warrior someday :)  Jk.  9-4-13

STATE FAIR
Kelly entered another drawing into the State Fair Fine Arts Exhibit, second year in a row.  So we couldn't miss the fair!  We were able to catch the opening day with the cheaper ticket prices, and went on Thursday.  It was a lot of fun!  I thought we did a good mix of everything!  I got lots of pictures too, I was proud of that.  Some on my phone, some on the camera.  I'll be happy to get those on here eventually...  We all went and took a look at Kelly's picture displayed, then scouted out Annie Cole's as well.  She does such a good job!!  She's a good idol for Kelly :).  Annie got 2nd place, Kelly's hoping to get a ribbon next year :).  She does such a great job, I'm so proud of her and her desire to show off her talents.  That's what they're all about.  We went through the creative arts building as well.  The kids LOVED looking at all the things people have created!  Kelly couldn't believe that you can MAKE a porcelin doll!  Looks like we need to research that!  She wants to try it sometime.  The kids all got to go on 2 rides each.  We had to put a limit on it this year.  We've spent way too much in the past.  The kids didn't love the limits, I could tell, but they were very grateful for what they did do.  There was very little complaining about anything the whole trip, it was nice.  Especially from Jack!  He sat there as quiet as a mouse in the stroller, just taking it all in!  I was amazed at how well he did.  He's definitely a people watcher like the rest of us.  Stick us in a room with a bunch of people, and we're good to go :).  We hurried and visited the animals, it was a lot of fun watching Erika and Jack experience them for the "first time"-- just felt like the first--- and then quickly (it was WAY past bedtime on a school night!) explored the Wizard exhibit.  That was a lot of fun.  All the math puzzles and sciencey things.  There was a cool arm hang thing that would time how long you could hang from it.  The kids got a kick out of that.  They just LOVE competition!  It's awesome.  We wore ourselves out that night!  It was a lot of fun though!  Can't wait til next year :).  9-5-13

CHEVRON
Nate and I have started a new thing.  Every Friday (I say "every" :) it's been twice now :)), Nate and I ride Noah to school and then we all go on a little bike ride.  It's only about 2 hours, so it's doable, and we're not dying, but it's been SO MUCH FUN!!  This week we drove NOrth on the bike trail.  We weren't familiar with the route at all, so it was a little bit of a surprise to find tree lined trail with lots of shade, few people.  It was so pleasant!  Completely flat :).  I was getting tired and thirsty, but we kind of just like to drive until our time is half up.  So we kept on.  We hadn't brought enough water with us, and I was really parched after not too long.  I suggested to Nate that we take one of the main roads and go find a store with water, and he htought about it, but turned the idea down and said that he wanted to keep going north a little and just turn around and go back the way we came.  At first I wanted to argue with him, fight for my idea, but something stopped me.  I kept my thoughts to myself.  I was still thirsty, but I had the thought that, "I want to let him lead us.  He is the patriarch of our family, and he is entitled to the inspiration to lead our family." Kind of overdoing it, but you really, these were my thoughts.  It wasn't a big deal, just required some thinking.  SO anyway, we kept on for only a few more minutes and then as we popped out onto one of the main roads, right there in front of us was a glorious sight!  A CHEVRON!!!  Not even yards from the trail :).  So very little, to no effort to detour and get a nice cold beverage!  or in my case water :).  Gotta have my water :).  It was so awesome!!!  And immediately the thought came to my mind, "Yep, there's your blessing for being supportive of your husband!"  I was so happy about it, I told Nate all that had transpired in my mind over the previous 15 minutes-ish.  He probably thinks I'm nuts, but hopefully he knows that I felt blessed and that I support him :).  I loved it. 
Jack and Erika seem to like our rides just as much as we do.  They just chill in the trailer behind me.  Hardly a peep the entire time.  They nap and play with each other and Erika does talk to us a lot, but it's just such a nice refreshing change of scene for our family.  I love the new bike thing.  9-6-13

FATHER DAUGHTER CAMPOUT/MOM AND SON BIKERIDE-MOVIE-MOVIE NIGHT-PARK :)
Friday was the Father-Daughter Campout.  Nate and the girls were very excited for that.  They packed up right after school and were on the road by 3:00!  They had a great time from what I have heard and were the stars of the show, with all their "gear" that nobody else had remembered :).  So that was cool.  The girls had a lot of fun exploring with their friends and staying up late... sounded like a good time was had by all.  I love that our ward does that.
So the boys and I had a bit of fun ourselves!  We had planned a bike ride to the Movie theater as our first item of business.  It was an interesting bike ride.  Filled with crying, tired legs, a flat tire, ditching a bike at the school, adding a rider to the trailer and a disappointed Mom, but we were able to muffle through the first part and once we were at 7-11 getting our free Slurpees, things started to look up!  We sat on the lawn and slurped, then parked our bikes at the Library.  We went to see Turbo.  They all seemed to love it!  Luke's giggle was my favorite part.  Then we tried to get a "World's Best Corndog", but they were done making them by the time we got there.  So that was a bit of a let down, but we survived.  Instead we drove home, threw an old carseat in the car (we thought we didn't have any other form of transportation until I remembered that old carseat!  Go me) and we were able to go to Little Caesar's for some CRAZY BREAD and pizza of course.  It was a fun evening!  We topped it off with a movie night during which all but 2 of us fell asleep.  In the morning, we went on down to the park to play baseball and found it occupied with Soccer teams, so we just played on the playground (after chatting with our old friend Stephanie Jones of course, love her!).  The boys had a lot of fun.  We don't always go over to the playground when we go down there, since the girls don't love it, but since they weren't there.... The boys had fun showing off their stunts on the rocks.  I got pictures and videos :).  We came home and played a little baseball and then cards.  It was a very fun filled weekend :).  I loved it!!  I love having special time together where we don't think about the laundry or the dishes, and we can just relax and enjoy each others' company.  Good times.  9-7-13

No comments: