"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Journaling Week of 9-8-13

CHOIR PRACTICE
Charity went to her first ward choir practice on Sunday!  She did great and I was so proud to have her there with me.  Even if she is a Soprano :).  I think she had a good time, she keeps singing the song.  She has the most beautiful voice!  I'm amazed at how quickly she's picked it up too.  Cool stuff. 9-8-13

FAMILY MEETING
We finally made it to another family meeting.  It's been a couple months again.  It was a nice time.  I got to do kids time for the 8-12 year olds.  So that was fun.  We played the Signs game but using characters from the Book of Mormon instead of animals.  I thought it was a big hit :).  Hopefully it wasn't too rowdy for Sunday.  9-8-13

FHE
Erika was the lesson and she had wanted to go out for ice cream, but that's really been overdone, so I helped her think of a different idea.  Instead, we made cookies as a family!  It was a lot of fun. Nate had to spend most of the time getting Jack to sleep, but it was a good time.  While they baked, we played the signs game again :).  Good times.  I loved watching Noah figure the game out!!  He was totally into it :).  Just for fun these are the signs everyone chose:
I did a sign for blowing on a trumpet like the Angel Moroni (whom we designated as being in the "King" position)
Charity did a sign for the Lord touching the stones for the brother of Jared.
Kelly did putting your hands on  your head representing Christ blessing the children.
Nate did a bow and arrow gesture for Nephi's broken bow.
Luke did chopping arms off like Ammon.
Noah did the sign for a book like Joseph Smith translating the plates.
Bradley did a sign to represent the stripling warriors pounding their spears to the ground as they marched. 
Erika sat on my lap looking cute.  She's not a big fan of these kinds of games.  She gets really shy.  And Jack slept :). 
I just love hearing what my kids love from the scriptures.  They really do have favorites.  It's fun to see what touches them.  Good times.
And the cookies were awesome too!  9-9-13

ALICIA AND BABY ZEKE
I got to go up to Primary Children's Hospital and visit my cousin and her miracle baby.  What a fun 2 hours that was!!  I couldn't get myself to leave!  I loved being able to just sit and talk with her one on one, and I loved being able to see the little miracle I'd prayed and fasted for for so many months.  What a neat experience.  I can't believe he's doing so well, and I can't give credit to anyone but Heavenly Father!  It's just incredible!  9-10-13

ZEKE'S BIRTHDAY PARTY
Alicia and Becky invited me to their little family birthday party for baby Zeke.  It was a lot of fun to get together with my cousins and just hang out for the afternoon.  I enjoyed it so much.  I wish I could hang out with them more.  9-11-13

STEVE AND JAUSLIN
We had Steve and Jauslin over for dinner tonight! Nate made his yummy smoked brisket and we all filled ourselves with it.  It is SO GOOD!!!  Everyone just ooohs and aaaahhs over it all through the meal.  It's so fun.  I'm glad they got to come over.  I LOVE having them here.  I love talking with them.  It's my favorite to hear how much Steve knows and loves my kids.  I hope we can be this close forever.  I miss when we were even closer, but it's fun to have them as friends.  Hopefully they weren't too bored or overwhelmed by Jack's crying.  The poor little guy has not been doing well this week.  I am wondering if maybe he has an ear infection or something.  He's just not himself.  It's sad.  He doesn't get his naps the way he should and he's not getting as much Mommy time as he would like, meaning, he is not nursing as much anymore, so that's put a damper on things as well.  Hopefully we can figure things out.  We were glad he cheered up before they left though :).  9-12-13

HEIDI FOR THE DAY!
Friday, Heidi came up so that she could use my sewing machine to hem some pants.  Funny enough, she never even got around to that!  We sat and chatted the entire afternoon!  It was so nice.  And a nice break for all of us!  Nate was off fishing with his Dad, so it was fun to be able to spend the day with my little sis.  She did have to get ready for a wedding dinner toward the end of the afternoon, but it was fun to sit and talk with her while she did that too!  Good times.  9-13-13

KAYSVILLE SOUTH STAKE FAIR~
We finally had the Fair!  We were on the publicity committee, for our ward.  Strange calling with very little responsibility, but it was fun.  And the Fair was a total blast!  The weather could have been better, but the kids really had a great time!  There was free everything!  Hot dogs, cotton candy, scones, snow cones, you name it!  Chili cookoff sampling, all kinds of crafts and games for the kids to participate in, and then the highlight of our day, of course, was the entertainment!  Which our girls had the privilege of participating in!  They had been working on a dance with a bunch of girls in the neighborhood for the last month or so, so this was a long awaited performance!  They did Eye of the Tiger and put on quite the show!!  I was so proud of them!  We all were!  I loved looking down the row of seats and seeing all of Charity and Kelly's younger siblings just in awe.  It was really neat.  Gives me chills just thinking about it, and embarrassingly enough, I almost cried during their performance!  If I hadn't been distracted by the need to turn the music off at the right moment, I would have.  It was neat to watch them enjoy the fruits of their labor :).  They were asked to participate in a little play thing after their dance "because they were so good!"  What a great opportunity for them.  I love all the great experiences our kids have because of our church.  It's neat.  The rain poured during the last half of the Fair experience :).  We made our way into the church to see the exhibits.  Kelly had participated in this as well, displaying a pictures she had drawn.  What a cool thing.  It really was just neat to see it all as a finished product.  After hearing about all the details for months.  Lots of fun.  9-14-13

HOPE AROUND THE CORNER
Saturday night was a sad one for me.  I was 10 days late with my period.  So I had concluded that I was pregnant.  There were a lot of things associated with it all that lead me to believe I was, and I had really started planning things mentally.  I don't know why I do this before finding out for sure, but it's not like this is my first day, I know what it feels like.  So either it's totally in my head, or there's a reason I'm supposed to think I am.  Either way, I was there, thinking I was going to have another baby.  And then after a fun day, and evening with my sweet kids, I was unpleasantly surprised with the proof that I was not.  Another trip to the bathroom where I come out in tears.  It was really a shock and a huge disappointment.  I thought I had prepared myself enough for something like that, but apparently not.  At first I thought it had to be a miscarriage, and insisted that Nate pick up a pregnancy test on his way home from work.  It wasn't the case though, luckily.  Somehow it still feels like I lost someone though.  I really need to learn to not get my hopes up so high.  It was a sad night.  I did however receive an amazing blessing from my sweet husband and that helped a lot.  I was relieved with a lot of the things I was told in that blessing.  And strengthened.  I felt a lot more capable of handling the situation and being patient.  It's always hard for me, and for some reason, even after 7 miraculously good pregnancies and deliveries, I still worry about something being wrong with my body and not being able to carry out the desires of my Spirit.  I'm not sure why that is.  Lack of faith I guess.  But either way, I hope that this was just one of my false alarms.  There usually is one or two before the real thing. 
Another beautiful thing that happened as a result of this whole thing was on Sunday or Monday, can't remember which, I was talking with the kids about how prayers are sometimes not answered the way we think they should be, and used Saturday night (and the past week) as an example.  I told them how I had suspected that I was pregnant, but then found out on Saturday night that I wasn't.  There were a lot of things said, but the part I loved was when Bradley chimed in and said, "Maybe Heavenly Father just wants to know how you would feel about it if you were going to have a baby, and that's why he let you think that you were."  Wisdom beyond his years!!  Charity and Kelly exclaimed that they had thought the same things as well.  My thoughts exactly!  It's funny how Heavenly Father will send me messages through the little people who I am supposed to be teaching and raising.  Sure feels like it's the other way around sometimes.  I love my little people.  They are the world to me.  I sure do hope that we get to be blessed with yet another one, someday.  I do know one thing, and that is, hope is around the corner. 
I hope so.



No comments: