"You are not here to live a mediocre to average life; you are here to live an amazing life, a miraculous life. If it weren't for your challenges, there would be no miracles. You must do that which seems impossible, for it is only in the impossible that miracles are had." - author unknown, but very respected

Saturday, September 21, 2013

Journaling Week of 9-22-13

Just had a really crappy evening for some reason. I hate feeling like I did my day all wrong. I've been doing this long to be failing at it so miserably all the time. Or so it seems. My kids were stinkers tonight I will give myself that. There's a definite lack of respect, towards everything, if you ask me, and I'm really kind if done with it. Maybe I'm tired too, or still getting better from this bug. And I have a feeling my kids are all getting it too, but anyway. Not how I'd wanted the evening to go really.   9-22-13

CELLO
charity started orchestra this week. I'm really proud of her ambition. She tries everything! Hopefully she enjoys it!  9-24-13

MUSIC MAKERS
Becky invited us to her ward's little music makers group this week, so we went on Tuesday. Erika LOVED it!!! Noah did too, but he's too cool to tell us that. I think we're going to start going on a regular basis. I'm excited to have something. 9-24-13

DIXONS
We were able to meet up with the Dixons at Ponds Park. That was a lot of fun regardless of the wind. We had a lot of fun watching the dogs wrestle and playing on the playground with their kids. It's so good to finally get to know some people. 9-24-13

JOG-A-THON
Our school had the first annual jog-a-thin fund raiser on Wednesday. The kids loved it! They were all pumped up to get as many laps as they could, and did a great job! I think Luke did the most, but rumor has it he got an extra half hour. He did 17 laps, Noah and Kelly got to run together for part of it, he got 10 laps she had 11. Bradley did 14. Charity did 6. We have some awesome runners here! They've all been drinking out of their green water bottles. 9-25-13

GENERAL WOMEN'S BROADCAST
I really loved the broadcast this year. Felt like a lot of it just really rang clear in my heart. I loved the emphasis on covenants and teaching our kids about keeping them. My favorite part was during the second counselor's talk, she made an analogy between the inside of the Provo tabernacle being burned and how things happen for a reason. Made me feel good to thing about how Heavenly Father has a plan and things go the way they're supposed to, and for good reason. 9-28-13






No comments: